Computer specs

Robin L

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a...

• PC tower
    • Mac cylinder
    • Holographic computer

It's about time we get this sorted out before the deal we made with the computer companies end. So, we need to calculate the number of Macs and PCs we'll have to buy. Any specific requirements can be listed here.

PC Tower. And I thought we were purchasing 28?

Make that 29 since we have the current Oldies Election, we'll have another moderator to supply.

PC Tower with hologram capabilities, 20gb ram, 5tb disk space, Windows 10, dual harddrive, Intel core i7 processor, dual monitors, etc etc etc :) Mine also must be linked to the AVEN NSA database.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

PC Tower with hologram capabilities, 20gb ram, 5tb disk space, Windows 10, dual harddrive, Intel core i7 processor, dual monitors, etc etc etc :) Mine also must be linked to the AVEN NSA database.

I- I've changed my mind about wanting a Mac :o

Could I add some Bose speakers and a KVM switch to that list for mine? And add ASIO as well as the NSA.

AshenPhoenix

** makes swooshing sounds **

holographic interfaces ftw! Love the ability to have multiple tabs open all around me without the need for multiple monitors.

You can max out the Mac Pro at $13,194 with an Intel Xeon E5 2.7GHz 12-core, 64GB of RAM, 1TB flash storage, Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs, and a gorgeous 4K LED Monitor

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Or there's the Linux-powered Raspberry Pi supercomputer.

raspberrypisupercomputer-v1.png

Only one in existence, but I'm sure we could... persuade Joshua Kiepert to build us more. Only issue is the speed: 10,13 GFLOPS isn't super...

littlepersonparadox

Alright I'm also adding holographic to my list of needs.

Could I add some Bose speakers and a KVM switch to that list for mine? And add ASIO as well as the NSA.

You can max out the Mac Pro at $13,194 with an Intel Xeon E5 2.7GHz 12-core, 64GB of RAM, 1TB flash storage, Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs, and a gorgeous 4K LED Monitor

I would like one of what Lia and Mycroft describe here as well as Robin's favorite. That way, I can test both and let the team know which is better.

• 2 weeks later...
AshenPhoenix

I know we have worries with the potential members seeing this and stuff, but my holographic PC still hasn't come and I feel like that's most important thing to be worrying about right now. I CANNOT AVEN correctly without proper holographic hardware

Amen. All those threads... Who could ever read it all on a normal 2D screen??

NO FAIR!!!

NO FAIR!!!

Don't worry, we're in the process of negotiating a Super Amazing Deal for the super amounts of bulk that we'll be ordering.

On another, unrelated note, I'll be back.... I'm going to go invest in silicon, I have a sneaking suspicion that the world's supply may be running short soon ;)

Tower, because they can be had for a few dozen dollars used and will work plenty fast for years.

Sage Raven Domino

Unfortunately the stone age applications that I use for recreation in my breaks from AVEN posting definitely won't work with Mac (even with Parallels or Boot Camp, they'll be bug-ridden), and I also don't think that the developers of that software will have holographic computers in mind during the upcoming revamp, so I have to choose a PC tower :(

Archived