• Instant.
    • Other.
    • Tea.
  3. 3. How do you like it.

• White with sugar.
    • White with no sugar.
    • Black with sugar.
    • Black with no sugar.
    • Cold with cream, sugar, fruit flavoured, ice etc.
    • Other.
    • Tea.
  4. 4. Do you prefer other types of coffee over the more traditional e.g.

• Espresso.
    • Cappuchino.
    • Frapuchino.
    • Americano.
    • Other.
    • Tea.

This poll is closed to new votes

How do you make it, how do you like it and what's your favourite bean. It's by no means an extensive list, I have my favourites, and I rarely drink anything other than using the French Press method. Espresso's just don't do much for me.

So, coffee on a whole. Tell me how it is for you.

Please.

Bloody thing wouldn't work!

Instant cappuccino (favorite flavor achieved by mixing the powders - 2 parts vanilla, 1 part caramel, 1 part macchiato)... because I'm a lazy git with a serious sweet tooth.

Tea.

Tea.

Tea.

TEA.

Tea.

Tea.

Tea.

TEA.

HEATHEN!!!!!!!!!!! :P

At home I use a combination grinder/brewer/steamer that you just put whole beans in, and chose what coffee to have.

I use dark roast beans, and have a really strong black coffee, no sugar or anything else. Sometimes I have Americano, sometimes espresso. in the evening on the rare occasions that I do have a coffee then I may put a dash of brandy in there.

I have a bean-to-cup cappuccino machine. Yes even the cheapest ones are expensive, however coffee beans are cheaper than their pre-ground versions and more significantly most of these machines come with at least a 2 year warranty.

My preferred drink is....the modest cappuccino! I also like other drinks though, including mochas and flat-whites.

Oh sugar, I nearly forgot. Lately I've been laying off the sugar in my drinks except in mochas and really strong coffee.

Tea.

Tea.

Tea.

TEA.

that were my choices too :)

i rarey have coffee, i can't remember the last time. Sometimes, i have a hot chocolate or cocoa, about once for twice a week.

[Trigger...nothing to do with Hot Box]

Ristretto..."very short & very black"

:ph34r:

Actually, I don't drink much coffee, I just take anything to drink and add pure caffeine ;P

I don't know the first thing about coffee.

other than, It Smells! *bleh* =P

I never met an Indonesian bean I didn't like. Of course, it is necessarily roasted darkly. That said, I'm pretty well game to try anything, and most of the time I'm drinking blends. (Coffee is evidently not Scotch--blends are ok!)

I've got an Espresso pot/Moka thingy at home, but I don't like it very much; I usually use this Melita funnel kind of thinger--which is probably like what CBC.Radio.Girl mentioned--but, for me, nothing compares with a quick pull from an automatic espresso machine. If I had my pick, I'd have something like

super-automatic-espresso-machine.jpg

Frankly, since I'm a coffee whore, one shot of espresso just isn't enough volume for me. My compromise is a double-long. *Granted, If I'm out treating myself and coffee is the agenda, single ristretto with a hunk of chocolate on the side, and I'll be melting. Just like the chocolate. In my mouth.

I personally love the smell of coffee but despise actually drinking it. I go to coffee shops a lot, but I usually get hot chocolates or something else that is coffee-free.

At home I use a combination grinder/brewer/steamer that you just put whole beans in, and chose what coffee to have.

I use dark roast beans, and have a really strong black coffee, no sugar or anything else. Sometimes I have Americano, sometimes espresso. in the evening on the rare occasions that I do have a coffee then I may put a dash of brandy in there.

I've been considering one of these for a while now. I have quite an old blade grinder and the chances of going from the right grind to the wrong one, are pretty high, and so I have been looking at something more reliable rather than hopeful. I bought an expensive machine back in 2002. It had a steamer, espresso maker and frother and it made great coffee, but the faff of cleaning it, the time it took and the inability to keep the carafe warm, was frustrating for me. That';s when I moved to a french press.

@fEpBaU - Indonesian beans are my favourite, too. Although I haven't found a Sulawesi bean for ages. And I loved your Scotch/Coffee analogy. ^_^ I don't usually drink blends, I reserve them for Christmas or the odd holiday, but I never understood why people got so stuck up about them. I think that purist nonsense has left the coffee drinking world, mainly due to the dream-team-combinations that come with them, and I have found many great blends over the years.

My favourite is Cuban, but Sumatran is not far behind, and I enjoy any South American bean for it's all day, everyday flavour.

For any Brits who might like to take a look, this is where I get my coffee from.

http://www.thebeanshop.co.uk/

belovedless

I honestly just like some coffee with a spoonful of truvia. For dessert, I like green tea lattes or chai lattes. Back in Thailand, I loved buying espresso with condensed sweet milk on the side. Delicious!

Black with no sugar. The only way to have it.

I hate cappuccino.

I don't own a coffee maker anymore, so it's plain old instant for me. :P But I love it with chocolate almond milk and plenty of sugar.

DexM: check this place out (although it is in Toronto).

It's like a mecca.

My next big move is roasting green beans!

Yeah, anyone out there in Toronto: Green Beanery on Bloor. It's sort of like the Long and McQuade of coffee.

That place looks superb! Have you tried any of the peabody varieties? Roasting my own beans is something I have longed to do. I'd love to know how you'll go about it and what the results are like.

I bought some Nicaraguan beans on, Thursday. I had my first cup today, I had never had it before, and it is the best cup I have had in many a year. One of those cups that wows you with every sip. I bore the hell out of my mum. :lol:

Tea. With lots of sugar or honey! No coffee for me...bleh lol. But overall, I prefer hot chocolate. :P

Organic instant black coffee with both brown sugar and sweeteners, because I would use too much sugar or too many sweeteners otherwise. I don't drink white coffee because I read long time ago that it's unhealthy to drink coffee and milk in the same time, but I don't remember why.

I like the taste of coffee-flavoured desserts, but not coffee as a drink, because coffee as a drink tastes so horribly bitter that I can drink only good quality (and expensive !) coffee and with a quantity of sugar that would kill a diabetic. I use coffee as a medication when I feel a migraine starting, which happens quite often, or when I don't want to be too much sleepy.

I prefer tea by far. And chocolate too. Paradoxically, I like sugar-free cocoa.

Do you prefer other types of coffee over the more traditional e.g.

you forgot the give the option of no, i like coffee and i like it black.

Do you prefer other types of coffee over the more traditional e.g.

you forgot the give the option of no, i like coffee and i like it black.

You could just use the Other function and then give us a run down of your preference. :)

Hot chocolate is my preferred hot beverage. Followed by tea. Never coffee. :)

Lady Valacri

Vietnamese iced coffee with extra condensed milk for me please.

DancesWithElves

Coffee from my Keurig. ALL day.

My favorite cup of coffee is the one I get to smell, but never drink.

Archived