Proposal to make AVEN accessible only in Internet Explorer

Coming on the news that Microsoft is finally discontinuing its flagship internet browser, Internet Explorer, I think it's about time we address the obvious fact here: Internet Explorer is the single greatest internet browser of all time. It's the fastest, most reliable browser available now, and it will continue to be in the near and far future, regardless of its discontinued status. Really, only the browser that comes anywhere near the greatness that is Internet Explorer is the long-defunct Netscape Navigator, which has sadly been overlooked because of Internet Explorer.

Since Internet Explorer is now being discontinued, this can only mean that the users of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera will want to convert to the One True Browser. Naturally, however, there will be resistance and a part of our membership will be part of it. So, I propose we bring them to the technological advances of the 20th century by having us pester Cole into making AVEN accessible only in Internet Explorer.

Even Spock supports this proposal. Arguing against Spock is illogical.

its-only-logical-thumb.jpg?w=474

Sorry, Striv. I have to agree with Tea on this. Netscape is by far superior.

I'm with Sriv on this. The only thing they failed to mention was AOL and somehow eliminating WiFi to make all access only possible via dial up. Then this proposal would be something I could really get behind.

I do not support this proposition. In order to be inclusive of members who use dial-up or shitty Internet providers, we should make AVEN accessible only over wget. Also, this will greatly reduce server load, therefore saving us money for another upgrade.

littlepersonparadox

NOOOO i wholeheartedly disagree as a student of all things code related, chrome is a developers browser and should be the one to take internet explorers place!

Whether or not we enforce IE, I think we need to get everyone to sign up for a Microsoft Passport before they can use AVEN.

Whether or not we enforce IE, I think we need to get everyone to sign up for a Microsoft Passport before they can use AVEN.

What about ICQ? They should have an account there, too.

Easy enough. Just make ICQ a required profile field, and instead of sending messages to members via PMs and Emails, we send it to their ICQ account.

Easy enough. Just make ICQ a required profile field, and instead of sending messages to members via PMs and Emails, we send it to their ICQ account.

Genius!

WünderBâhr

I do not support this proposition. In order to be inclusive of members who use dial-up or shitty Internet providers, we should make AVEN accessible only over wget. Also, this will greatly reduce server load, therefore saving us money for another upgrade.

I'm partly with Robin, on this one. Follow the money.

Lord Happy Toast

I think that all the ideas that people have suggested are really great, but something that you might want to consider more seriously is to upgrade AVEN from http to gopher.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

AVEN should be accessible by carrier pigeon only. We all will send responses to post and read AVEN by sending our carrier pigeon out to collect the information. It is a far superior and much faster form of communication compared to this Internet Explorer.

Paper is flimsy, GIR. AVEN should be distributed by mailing text chiselled into stone plates of no less than two inches thickness, in order to make the community permanently independent from energy.induced crisis and keep information available even for the aces that seek the community's help 10.000 years from now.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

Paper is flimsy, GIR. AVEN should be distributed by mailing text chiselled into stone plates of no less than two inches thickness, in order to make the community permanently independent from energy.induced crisis and keep information available even for the aces that seek the community's help 10.000 years from now.

Do you think if we get a group of carrier pigeons we could send these stone plates to each other using them?

Do you think if we get a group of carrier pigeons we could send these stone plates to each other using them?

Get some paleontologists and geneticists involved. We'll surely have better luck with carrier pterodons.
catsaregood

I'm voting for gopher as well. We should have the road pretty much to ourselves then! :D

catsaregood

What about interpretive dance? The messages could be passed along from person to person until it reaches the intended recipient! :D

Archived