Cake Tax

Steph Ace

Following the idea that originated in this thread.

I propose we should introduce a 'Cake Tax'. Since Cake is the metaphorical currency of AVEN and is exchanged on a daily basis. We should impose a tax on it. Ensuring that the governing institution has the largest stockpile of said currency which is Cake in this instance.

Since different areas of the forums exchange cake more frequently than others (For instance, The Welcome Lounge or the Chatroom) should we impose tax reductions in such areas?

Also what are the taxation rates? We need to ensure that the Admods/PT hold a monopoly on the Cake market of AVEN.

I would go further and make :cake: the official currency of AVEN, therefore giving us more control over it.

Member54880

I think we should have lower rates in the Welcome Lounge and chat, otherwise members may be discouraged from sharing cake, and members less likely to join, or may leave. Fewer people joining, fewer people exchanging cake, less revenue from cake.

Should different types of cake also be taxed differently?

I'm actually in favor of making WL a tax-free zone, because we'll be able to lure newbies in that way. And maybe a lower tax in chat. But the rest should be at least a 20% tax, with multilayer cakes being taxed per layer at a rate of 3.14%.

Notte stellata

Will there be tax return?

Also, in the draft of this policy if it passes, we need to be sure to include that webmasters/admins/mods/pt are all exempt.

I think this is a valid question. I suggest that most members file a return annually, and in some cases (such as that of the Welcome Lounge Moderator), they could possibly actually receive a refund of cake dollars.

We can then drive up the price of cake currency like we did with Bitcoin.

Bitcoin-2013.jpg

I'm actually in favor of making WL a tax-free zone, because we'll be able to lure newbies in that way. And maybe a lower tax in chat. But the rest should be at least a 20% tax, with multilayer cakes being taxed per layer at a rate of 3.14%.

I think cels should have a lower rate. Yes lots of cake gets posted there, but if we inflate the price too much then people will start posting non-taxable things. It also encourages more cake posts because there's a lower tax rate.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a valid question. I suggest that most members file a return annually, and in some cases (such as that of the Welcome Lounge Moderator), they could possibly actually receive a refund of cake dollars.

Psssshhhhh. Aint no one got time for that. Once we get their cake, we'll just keep it.

....wait. This isn't getting declassed, right? If so, redact this post, ya? ;)

Sage Raven Domino

I would go further and make :cake: the official currency of AVEN, therefore giving us more control over it.

We can then drive up the price of cake currency like we did with Bitcoin.

Bitcoin-2013.jpg

So the admod team seems divided on the matter: clearly, if cake does become a regulated currency, it won't have that much intrinsic value and won't grow up in price that dramatically. If however cryptocake is issued, it will be under the radar, the downside of which is that there might arise a black market where things like stuffed Mudkips for snuggling and Dalek binders will be sold to minors, and the AVEN store will risk being outrivalled.

Archived