1. 1. Should Admod_Testacc be...

• Banned
    • Warned
    • Nudged
    • Burned in a volcano
    • Abstain

The Moderator Control panel received this report a few moments ago:

I have just hacked the backroom and I would like to report myself

This is probably the single, most problematic member AVEN has ever faced. Aside from their welcome post found here, all they have done is Spam the forums by saying things such as:

test.

This is is just a thread to test something.

testing 1, 2, 3..

testing...

All of which have been removed from the public forums.

This account is also notorious for tampering with the work of the Admods. In the past they have:

• Exploited numerous glitches and errors
  • Account sharing by over 40 individual IP addresses (Including 01.4.20.14.12:00)
  • Harassing multiple members by sending questionable Private messages pertaining to different glitches on AVEN
  • Hacking into the AVEN official emails.

I have had it with this account and its shenanigans. I believe it is time to fully ban this pest once and for all!

DISCUSS.

We just now know this?

This may have caused the big downtime in 2012 (and we thought that it was due to the calendar end!).

Instaban and initiate code red. That is where our hired NSA hackers track down the perp and send them to a private "hotel" to be "handled".

They have attacked the open boards, and now they're turning to personal insults? This person just doesn't know when to stop. Ban .

Am I the only one who thinks that this is bordering on harassment? Perhaps not of one single person (though we don't really know that, do we?) but towards the membership as a whole. We need to put a stop to this. Now. Ban.

Banning is easy, but we need code red for a kidnapping to Mt. Etna. We do remember what that cost last time.

Banning is easy, but we need code red for a kidnapping to Mt. Etna. We do remember what that cost last time.

Can't the AVEN account cover those costs? I mean, this is for the betterment of the community. We can forgo some of the server costs, right? Do we really need chat??

Before we waste money on the NSA for this, why don't we solve it ourselves? The messages may contain an encoded message.

Good point, Robin. I live near Professor Robert Langdon and I can ask him about hidden messages (provided that we can wikileak the info to him).

In the mean time, I will run some analyses on the posts to see how they correlate to the Nostradamus Code.

littlepersonparadox

Can't the AVEN account cover those costs? I mean, this is for the betterment of the community. We can forgo some of the server costs, right? Do we really need chat??

Wasn't the last time we spent expenses on being able to send someone to the volcano was to send a particular Nick Burkhardt to dispose of the coins of Zakythos?

Wasn't the last time we spent expenses on being able to send someone to the volcano was to send a particular Nick Burkhardt to dispose of the coins of Zakythos?

I thought it was to get rid of the Philosopher's Stone?

littlepersonparadox

I don't know. I lost track after J.J.R. Token leaked that we have covert access to most of the volcano's around the ring of fire. After that it's been one request after another. This what we get for making that deal with the NSA for using their interrogation services.

I don't know. I lost track after J.J.R. Token leaked that we have covert access to most of the volcano's around the ring of fire. After that it's been one request after another. This what we get for making that deal with the NSA for using their interrogation services.

I know, I know.

Voted. This kind of behaviour is unacceptable. Anyway, they've been a problematic member for a long time, it's about time they're banned.

If we ban them, does that cause a paradox with my PMs? I can't delete the PM because it technically hasn't happened yet but on the other hand it's in my inbox. It's like shrodinger's PM.

I'm worried if we ban them, it will cause a rift in the space/time continuum.

Therefore, I suggest we ban them on the date that PM was sent.

In that case, should we suspend them until that point in time? Then we unsuspend them so they can send the PM and the universe won't explode or anything, and then we ban them.

I'm OK with banning them now. Something will probably happen in the future that will get them temporarily unbanned to send the PM. We should just go with the time flow.

I'm OK with banning them now. Something will probably happen in the future that will get them temporarily unbanned to send the PM. We should just go with the time flow.

That's true, we might decide to unban them in the future.

I just don't want to cause an inbox paradox

Results

What action should be taken...
Banned (101 Votes)
Warned (0 Votes)
Nudged (0 Votes)
Burned in a Volcano (670 Votes)
Abstain (25 Votes)

Would someone like to prepare a draft? And the AVEN Jet to fly this nuisance to a volcano?

*sigh* Another hole in our budget. Sometimes I think we should just blow up AVEN and be done with it.

Okay, I'll make a draft, though you might wanna add to it - it barely even touches on all the problematic things this member has been doing!

admod_testacct,

Your recent behaviour has come to the attention of, and has been reviewed by, the Admod Team:

I have just hacked the backroom and I would like to report myself

test.

This is is just a thread to test something.

testing 1, 2, 3..

testing...

Test... test...

Testing

Time travel test

The AVEN Terms of Service (ToS) states the following:

a. Generic rule about content
You agree not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful or threatening; additionally, you agree not to post any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). Posts which might be considered to encourage or indicate an intention to commit activities which might violate applicable laws will be removed immediately.

b. Personal insults
Personally insulting other users in any way is unacceptable. This includes, but is not limited to, not using a person's race, sex, gender identity or expression, creed, disability, nationality, or sexual orientation as a way to insult any member.

c. Offensive and bigoted content
AVEN does not tolerate racist, queerphobic, or sexist bigotry, as these create an environment that is hostile to the reasonable exchange of views. You may not post hateful, abusive or disparaging content about people's race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, romantic orientation, age, or mental or physical disability. This includes anything bigoted against 'asexuals', 'sexuals', 'aromantics' or 'romantics' as identifiable categories.
Posting offensive content, or bigoted propaganda, may result in an immediate and permanent ban from the forum. Offences judged less serious by the Admod Team will be dealt with under the Warning system outlined below.

d. Sexually explicit material
Because many users find sexually explicit material offensive we request that posts which contain sexually explicit material contain a warning in the subject line. Please refrain from using sexually explicit subject lines.

e. Personal Information
Posting personal information about another user without their express permission is a serious offence. Such posts are subject to deletion at the request of the exposed party. This extends to posting PMs and IM conversations.

f. Judgements of other users
Making judgments about other users, especially about the validity of their asexuality, is strongly discouraged. We are here to figure ourselves out, not to put each other in boxes.

g. Suicide threats
The admods value your right to privacy but threats of suicide will be taken seriously, and we reserve the right to contact your ISP or any other authorities in your area if we find it necessary. Topics which appear to be threatening suicide may be removed immediately.

h. Donation requests
Members must not send unsolicited donation requests using the personal messaging system. Solicitation for direct donations or other fundraising is not allowed on AVEN, with an exception for asexuality Vis/Ed projects that have been reviewed and granted permission for posting by the Admods/PT. This permission should not be taken as endorsement; members should still exercise necessary precautions, and avoid contributing to requests if they feel it is not safe or legitimate. Any requests that have not been granted permission for posting may be taken down in order to protect AVEN members.

i. Trolling behaviour
As a general rule, trolling, flaming, spamming or insulting of any kind is off-limits. Acting as a troll is grounds for an immediate ban. A troll is defined, not exclusively, as someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking other users into an emotional response.

j. Members' security
Stalking, bullying or harassing of any kind will not be tolerated. Should any account be used or created for this purpose, the account holder will be subject to official warning or outright banning from the site.

k. Vigilante Modding
Vigilante Modding is not allowed. Vigilante Modding is harassing, attacking, or otherwise antagonizing members you believe are acting inappropriately and/or you believe have violated the ToS. The proper procedure in such cases is to report what you know to the Admod team so proper action can be taken with all the information at hand. Please refrain from engaging in direct confrontation, or attempting to take forum justice into your own hands. If you must disagree, do so calmly and with dignity, no matter how outrageous the provocation. To know how to report a post, a member or a PM, click here.

Your behaviour is considered as flaming, harassment, spamming, offensive and dangerous by attempting to disrupt the space-time continuum. Therefore, after careful consideration, it has been decided by the Admod team that you will be burned in a volcano. The Official AVEN Jet will be arriving at your residence shortly in order deliver you to Mt Etna to carry out this punishment.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact myself or another Admod directly.

On behalf of the Admod Team,
Admod Sig

I received this PM from admod_testacct:

Why is it that some people are so devoid of a sense of humor? Naturally, I'm referring to admods's latest epigrams. By way of introduction, let me just say that this is one letter that admods doesn't want you to read. Don't make the mistake of thinking otherwise. Admods does, and that's why the problem with it is not that it's biggety. It's that it wants to open new avenues for the expression of hate. Admods has only half (if that) of the information needed to make an informed decision about mammonism. This implies that admods often argues that we should avoid personal responsibility. A similar argument was first made over 1200 years ago by a well-known swindler and was quickly disproved. In those days, however, no one would have doubted that admods's maudlin preoccupation with cynicism, usually sicklied over with such nonsense words as scientificogeographical, would make sense if a person's honor were determined strictly by his or her ability to shower conniving brutes with undeserved encomia. As that's not the case, we can conclude only that admods has been going around claiming that we should derive moral guidance from its glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented barbs. When challenged about the veracity of that message, admods attributed its contradictions of the truth to poetic license. That means lying.

In retrospect, admods has always been more unimaginative than most unimaginative practitioners of snobbism. Admods does not desire to benefit humanity but rather to put the gods of heaven into the corner as obsolete and outmoded and, in their stead, burn incense to the idol Mammon. Diabolism and materialism are not synonymous. In fact, they are so frequently in opposition and so universally irreconcilable that many people are convinced that admods's surrogates allege, after performing shoddy research and utilizing threadbare scholarship, that a number of admods's rivals are planning to impose a one-size-fits-all model on how society should function. I can't comment on that, but I can say that it likes creating widespread psychological suffering, which puts it somewhere between a stubborn jabberer and a puerile stool pigeon on the hooliganism org chart. Many the things I've talked about in this letter are obvious. We all know they're true. But still it's necessary for us to say them because admods's bellicose, acrimonious missives have spawned an industry of consultants, advisors, and departments that, among them, have corporatized admods's dream of waging a clandestine guerilla war against many basic human rights.

Archived