How often do you wear your ring?

The Maple Leaf Forever

Almost every day where I'm out in town. I normally take it off at home as I don't find it particularly comfortable to wear a ring all day.

I wear my ring if I'm going out (except to work as I don't want it to get scratched/dinged up). I don't generally wear it around the house, though.

CranberryTea

I don't have a black ring, so instead I wear a black hair tie on my right middle finger as my ring. I wear it everywhere. But not when sleeping.

24/7 ;) 1_zpsws6u3sym.jpg

That's so beautiful! Is that just symbols, or does it say something in another language? Do you know what it says? (sorry if that sounds ignorant :unsure: )

:)

That's so beautiful! Is that just symbols, or does it say something in another language? Do you know what it says? (sorry if that sounds ignorant :unsure: )

It's elvish i believe, a version of The One Ring from The Lord of The Rings

Nice :)

If I'm not mistaken, the text reads:

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Not sure if there's more text than those two lines though. Kinda embarrassed I don't know that by heart, given the amount of times I've read/watched LoTR. :P

Also:

15961009.jpg

AlwaysBeKorra

Hmm... I don't really don't know my ring size... How can you find out? Just pull out a tape measurer and wrap it around my finger? Is that accurate enough?

Hmm... I don't really don't know my ring size... How can you find out? Just pull out a tape measurer and wrap it around my finger? Is that accurate enough?

I think you can get them sized at any jewelry shop.

Not at all accurate. Any jewelry shop will gladly size your finger for free. ;)

I wear it anytime I leave the house, honestly. It gives me a lot of comfort because I tend to spin my rings when I get nervous oops.

I wear it anytime I leave the house, honestly. It gives me a lot of comfort because I tend to spin my rings when I get nervous oops.

Same! Not even necessarily when I'm nervous, but it certainly does help for grounding or just for comfort.

Gallantrv2427

I just very recently got mine, and I plan to wear it most of the time. However, it is not for other people it is for me--I have felt "broken" for so long because of my lack of interest, and I wear it to remind myself that it is totally okay to be an ace. I do worry about people asking me, but the consensus on here so far that I have seen is that MOST people have no idea it even means something--it just looks "cool."

I just very recently got mine, and I plan to wear it most of the time. However, it is not for other people it is for me--I have felt "broken" for so long because of my lack of interest, and I wear it to remind myself that it is totally okay to be an ace. I do worry about people asking me, but the consensus on here so far that I have seen is that MOST people have no idea it even means something--it just looks "cool."

I only recently got mine also and started wearing it 24/7 because I realized that if I didn't wear it constantly, I'd forget where I left it, which would be fine if I only wanted to wear it occasionally (but I don't - I want to wear it a lot!).

I find that a lot of people do compliment the ring, saying it looks cool, even more so than other jewelry, and my automatic reaction is always "hey you know what it means!" then I realize they don't. Still getting used to that idea.

It's definitely a good reminder for me too, that it's okay to be ace. I've never felt "broken" to the extent that I've heard a lot of people have, but it reminds me that I'm part of a community and that this is just part of who I am and that I can be proud of it and advocate for its existence.

Today I ran out of the house in a hurry and actually forgot my ring. It's amazing how naked I can feel without something I'm so used to wearing.

I don't have one, but always wanted. I just don't even know where to buy, because if I had to get one, it needs to be kewl.

@edit:

Aaaand, I just bought 3 rings in one offer ^^.

I've been wearing a black ring for about a year, and I wear it all the time. I sleep with it on, shower with it on, etc. I never wore rings before but now I can't imagine not wearing it. For me, it's a really important symbol of solidarity and self-acceptance. I don't even take it off for airport security anymore (fortunately it doesn't seem to set anything off).

I wear mine at weekends. I don't wear it at school (I'm a trainee teacher) but I'll wear it when I'm at uni (this is very rare).

If I'm not mistaken, the text reads:

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Not sure if there's more text than those two lines though. Kinda embarrassed I don't know that by heart, given the amount of times I've read/watched LoTR. :P

There's more to the poem, but those two lines are the only ones inscribed on the One Ring.

The full ring poem is

"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

Related to Ace Rings: I only just learned that this was a thing, and I think it's really awesome. I probably won't acquire or wear one anytime soon though, because it would be uncomfortable to wear with my class ring (4th finger right hand) because male class rings from W&M are a bit on the larger side.

I made a simple ring out of twisted black wire, but I usually only remember to wear it when I'm going somewhere. Or to Youth Group.

• 2 weeks later...

I only wear mine during the day because...well, I'm really bad with NOT losing things. I think this is my fourth ace ring?? Man, it's so hard to find a good ring too. My current ring is very loose (like if I'm playing rock-paper-scissors too aggressively, it will fly off xD) I dont want it to magically disappear while I'm sleeping, so that's why I only wear it during the day (I take it off when I exercise though)

I wear mine anytime I go out day or night. It's part of my accessories and wardrobe now. I actually feel naked without it, lol.......

I'm trying to be better about wearing it every day that I leave my house. I used to go weeks in between but now I'm trying to force myself to remember.

The Void Walker

I physically cannot remove mine. My knuckle is too large.

It fits a little loosely at the base of my finger, so I don't really mind.

Used to be full-time, but then I temporarily lost the hand due to post-surgery cast. Haven't gotten back into the habit of wearing it. I'm kind of considering having it tattooed but a. that's permanent and I don't think I have enough of a frontal lobe to make permanent decisions (like vet school loans hahahasob) and b. my mum people would ask annoying questions.

Autumn Sunrise

Basically 24/7. Mine is similar to Tja's. (I also have a completely plain back one that i were sometimes.)