How often do you wear your ring?

Hi,

So for those who wear an ace ring, I was wondering how often you wear it? Do you wear it 24/7? Only during the day? Only some days? Only when you're going out? (etc) Just a curiosity.

Member54880

I don't wear it that often, usually just when I'm just going out. I don't wear it at work, because part of me is still kind of nervous of my coworkers possibly knowing the symbolism (though I know it's unlikely they will), and it's a rather bulky ring.

I wear it anytime I leave the house. I don't like wearing it at home because I still live with my parents and I worry about the unlikely possibility that wearing a ring will out myself to them.

However, I keep my black ring in my car, and anytime I leave the house I put it on. This means I wear it to school and when hanging out with friends mostly.

uRBAN_Spaceman

I just ordered my ring yesterday and it arrives next Tuesday. I will be wearing my ring 24/7. The idea of the ring is very exciting to me. I will be able to flag myself as looking for that kind of relationship for any woman smart enough to read the sign on my hand. I've never been afraid to be different so being outted because of a simple black ring on my finger or my sexual orientation doesnt bother me one bit. Hell.... Its their loss not mine!

I wear mine whenever I leave home. I take it off when I'm going to be doing something that might make wearing it dangerous, but I always put it right back on afterwards.

Hell.... Its their loss not mine!

That's the spirit. ^_^

Sparrows Fart

Usually 24/7. The only exception is when I'm working

Grumpy Alien

At least 24 hours a week. Whenever I'm out of the house and it doesn't clash with my jewelry. So mostly to work. I don't wear jewelry in the house.

Pretty much whenever I go anywhere, I don't wear jewelry at home. My ring goes well with silver- and gold/bronze-colored jewelry so it pretty much always matches my outfit.

I'm a cheap butt with me being in college and all. If I did have a ring, I'd likely try to remember to wear it every day.

I'll be honest I usually don't wear mine. I go through phases of feeling confident enough to do so but most of the time I don't because it reminds me of how different I am, makes me feel like I'm in the minority. I try to see everyone as connected and the ring tends to distract me from that.

mywoundedknee

Just to reiterate, it's middle finger/right hand for asexuality.

Swingers (a private community) also wear a black ring on the right hand to identify themselves, though not specifically on the middle finger - just something to bear in mind.

Just to reiterate, it's middle finger/right hand for asexuality.

Swingers (a private community) also wear a black ring on the right hand to identify themselves, though not specifically on the middle finger - just something to bear in mind.

I think anyone who wears the ring probably knows what finger to put it on, but I didn't know there was another group that used a black ring on the right hand as a symbol too. I think that's really cool! Since they're kind of anti-ace (by anti I mean opposite), and I really like how on one of the web pages they have that explains their rings, they ask members of their community to not wear their ring on their middle finger out of respect for the ace community.

RunLikeAFox

I only take mine off when I go to sleep, and that is only because it is a little big on me and I don't want to lose it.

AlwaysBeKorra

Oh, now I want a ring too :D Where can you buy it??

Anywhere really. I got mine at a piercing and jewelry store. It's sterling silver (with a black coating) and was $16, though I have heard of many aces who prefer tungsten (which is more expensive). You can get them online. I mean, they're any kind of plain black ring worn on the middle finger, so really any place is fine! Look up pictures, see what you like. :)

A lot of people use Ebay, they're apparently really cheap and there's a lot of options.I got mine from a blacksmith at the medieval fair. :D

I got mine from a blacksmith at the medieval fair. :D

That is SO cool!

That is SO cool!

I love it, I was so happy to see that they made rings too! I think they use tar or something to color the metal black after it's done.

It was practically impossible to find a plain black women's ring in any stores.

That is SO cool!

I love it, I was so happy to see that they made rings too! I think they use tar or something to color the metal black after it's done.

Oh yeah I would imagine - I never even thought about feminine rings. Truth because a lot of ace rings are just thick bands, which are for the most part pretty masculine. Do you have a picture of it? Or at least of something similar? (you don't have to - I'm just curious)

That is SO cool!

Oh yeah I would imagine - I never even thought about feminine rings. Truth because a lot of ace rings are just thick bands, which are for the most part pretty masculine. Do you have a picture of it? Or at least of something similar? (you don't have to - I'm just curious)

I'm fine with masculine-looking rings, it's just the problem that most rings for men were way too big. And any black rings for women looked like someone had superglued a pile of craft store jewels onto a band. Horribly impractical, not to mention not very attractive. :P

This is my ring :

2015-03-04%2002.36.44.jpg

Ah that makes sense. It looks wicked, so it seems like you came up with a pretty good solution to that problem.

flitterflutter

Considering I just herd of this, never! But this make me really want one!

Considering I just herd of this, never! But this make me really want one!

Just make sure to wear it on your middle finger, right hand. ^^