Favorite quotes

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

I really like those quote images that show up on the internet. So I figured I'd make a place for us to post some of our favorite quotes. :) Feel free to add whatever you like. The quotes don't have to be about asexuality, but they can be if you want!

I'll start:

dd9d29e8be39e69fd6bc1533103041e0.jpg

Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn't have the courage to say "yes" to life?”

― Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

The Thoreau one in my signature. Also another by him 'The best government is that which governs least, if at all'.

Selasphorus

I've always been quite partial to Hamlet's line "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."
Deep. That's deep. ^_^

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Grumpy Alien

keep-going.jpg?w=700

Baskervillain

"For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and it amazes us so, because it serenely disdains to destroy us. Every angel is terrible" Rainier Maria Rilke

scarletlatitude

93efb52d5a3ed8fed266053b70426228.jpg

Happy Kitty

Being heard is so close to being loved that, for the average person, they are almost indistinguishable.-David Augsburger

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.-Inigo Montoya

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.-Douglas Adams

It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.-Douglas Adams

Dodecahedron314

In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. -Carl Sagan

Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show. -Bertrand Russell

• 4 weeks later...
RunLikeAFox

Monk:

I don't know how you do it.

Lt. Disher:

What's that?

Monk:

How you take it. People joke around, tease you, you never get mad or upset.

Lt. Disher:

Mmm, it used to bother me when I was coming up in uniform. I heard people laughing, telling Randy Disher stories. And it hurt, you know? I almost quit.

Monk:

What happened?

Lt. Disher:

One night I got a call - a P-300 downtown. There was a bumper sticker on one of the cars, and it said, "Happiness is a choice." I mean, I know it sounds crazy, but it changed my life. I mean, I made a decision right there. I chose to be happy. I mean, I really believe that. I mean, you have the power. You can choose to be happy.

Monk:

I guess I should read more bumper stickers.

Lt. Disher:

[yawning] Everybody should. Okay, it's late. I'm gonna to go sack out.

Monk:

Yeah, good night.

Lt. Disher:

See you in the morning.

Monk:

Wait a minute. P-300? Isn't that a fatality?

Lt. Disher:

Yeah, it was pretty ugly. The driver hit a tractor-trailer head on. He and his wife were both DOA [Dead on arrival].

Monk:

And this was the car that had the bumper sticker, "Happiness is a choice"?

Lt. Disher:

Yeah, that's right. Well, actually, it was on fire when I got there, so it was hard to read.

Monk:

And this didn't deter you or make you think twice?

Lt. Disher:

[shrugs] It was an epiphany, Monk. You can't just choose where you get it. I mean it could come from a guru on a mountaintop, or it could be from a bumper sticker on a burning Subaru.

I like most of Albert Einstein's Quotes. He just has so many good ones.

I agree with you, Oddball-Meo. Albert Einstein was exceptionally brilliant.

"Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized."

I couldn't choose just one, so here are a few;

'It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.'

'People don't alter history any more than birds alter the sky, they just make brief patterns in it.' ~Terry Pratchett

'If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people in the world?'~Stephen Fry

'If a cluttered desk is a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk?' ~Albert Einstein (I use this frequently to justify my desk, and indeed my entire bedroom, being an utter pigsty.)

'Nothing is impossible. The very word says I'm possible!' ~Audrey Hepburn

DigitalBookDust

Cry sorrow, sorrow, yet let good prevail! (Aeschylus)

scarletlatitude

15de0cc831285e2279af28be82941704.jpg

Creativity is intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

Once you stop learning, you start dying. - Albert Einstein

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. - Kurt Cobain

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. - William Shakespeare

I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone. - Robin Williams

Happiness is a warm puppy. - Charles M. Schulz

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. - Martin Luther King Jr

"At the time, you might think it's a mistake that you can never undo. Even if it is, if we kick and scream and fight like hell we can move forward a little. I was always taught that even if you don't believe in yourself, you need to believe in the fact that everyone else believes in you. That's how it should be. At least I think so"

~Simon, from Gurren Lagann

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can't gain anything without losing something first. Although, if you can endure that pain, and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal."

~ Edward Elric, from Fullmetal Alchemist

"Watching you right now made me want to kill you for real. I have no intention of saving a kid that only wants to take the easy way out. Struggle till you can struggle no more. It's your life, even if it is covered in blood; don't run away, Zero."

~Toga Yagari, from Vampire Knight

Yeah, a lot of mine are from anime...

5cc015fa4ac554b61c7135c8846ff114.jpg

And probably some long ass Naruto quote...

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can't gain anything without losing something first. Although, if you can endure that pain, and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal."

~ Edward Elric, from Fullmetal Alchemist

Life is pain, highness. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

Dread Pirate Robert to Princess Buttercup The Princess Bride

If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which He has inflicted upon men (and women), He would kill Himself. (Alexandre Dumas)

• 2 weeks later...
scarletlatitude

50bff48f11f940ecee9eae5f5e8b9138.jpg

"Know that life is truly over, when you've more memories than dreams." Steve Bertrand - The Tories (music group)

Archived