Can Someone Describe and Explain What Romantic Love Feels Like and Is?

How do you know you're in love?

What are some things you and/or your partner experience? Is there a spark? A warm deep feeling like in the movies??

Is being okay with satisfying someone sexually (e.g. kisses or something but more specifically kisses lol still pretty definite on the sex front) and wanting to take care of them a form of romantic love??

I am just looking for insight, I sorta feel as if I am missing something, I'm sensing a real disconnect between the ideas of romantic love and how I could one day get along with or cooperate with someone on a queer-platonic level where we'd live together, talk, go places, watch movies together, give a back massage to ^-^, pat my hair and back when I'm sad or tired (just like mom!), cook/torch the house together LOL I just wanna share my life and go on an adventure!!!

I've never been in love or wanted to be satisfied sexually. :mellow: (srry, random and sorta tmi but I didn't know where else to work that in, heh).

Can somebody give me their honest and clear perspective on the matter??

Thank you all,

:cake:.

Dang, I can only tell me you about my feelings.

I feel romantically in love with my lesbian friend a long time ago.

A lot of the reason for me was how comfortable I felt being with her.

She accepted me without reservation for the most part.

I missed not being around her.

I missed how she would smell.

Although I never touched her, I really enjoyed her presence and the way she would think about things.

I liked going to the movie with her, eating at restaurants with her, and just hanging out.

My normal cave dwelling life was transformed into spending time in the sun on a hill.

I really enjoyed being close, but never touching. Now years later I think maybe she wanted to bridge that gap, but it just never occurred to me.

She got me the closest to feeling completely content.

I hope the above description helps.

Have a beautiful night.

hmm.... when sex isn't in the picture it does feel harder to distinguish... The main thing that stands out for me really is that I don't like the idea of kissing on the mouth with my super-bestest-friend who I might have lived with forever had I not met my husband, whereas I really enjoy kissing my husband. And I guess I do feel a little more.... uh.... giddy fluttery sparklyness maybe? when I see him smiling at me than I experience with my bestest friend (which feels more like a secure warm glow). I guess I feel more 'treasured' by my husband, his esteem makes me feel especially special somehow, whereas my best-friend's love is still really important only not quiiiiite as exciting I guess?... But a lot of it is essentially the same. A deep yearning for the other person to be well and happy and safe, and for me to be a source of happiness for them, a feeling of commitment to care for them no matter what they may do or what happens to separate us, feeling what they feel with them, feeling tender and affectionate and generous and thoughtful towards them, feeling that life wouldn't be as 'full' without them....

• 4 weeks later...
ColorfulShine

Good question.

I've only loved someone once. It took me a while to figure it out, but we had a long distance friendship and I knew once I started feeling a sort of ache to be with him.

I could also picture myself being with him on the long term and just being together.

I missed him and just wanted to be around him (sex was not realy part of the picture, but I guess I must be a bit demi-sexual because I wouldn't have minded sex with him.) To me that's love because it was just someone I liked, or found pleasing or interesting.

I don't really know, not really sure how it works. But the ache definetly gives it away.