medication making you frisky?

Has anyone had any experience like that?

I was on medication. Recently got off in this december. I think now that I'm off it I think I'm even more asexual. Lol. Or was a demisexual and now asexual. I was in a relationship while taking the medication. I don't know if i would feel the same while off them. I feel even less interest in sex than before. I was also not wanting to have sex while in the relationship.

Let me know if this is not clear if I need to explain more.

I was on wellbutrin the generic version. I was also on anxiety medication clonasopam and trazodone sometimes and levothyroxin a thyroid medication. Frisky was to make it sound better. When I got into the same room and we're alone I wanted to tear his clothes off. And I a lot of the time wanted to be alone with him. And now I don't have anyone I'm interested in and I have no real desire for that lately. After things ended with him but before I got off most of my medications, I was interested in another guy and did get some of those feelings too but it's hard to know for sure because he is in another state.

Also I'm writing on a tablet so it tries to correct things like the medication names. But I think I managed the correct spelling.

I believe you will have to elaborate a little more.

If it's no offence; you could be more specific re the cond, the med, and the change that occurred.

Most importantly, what do you mean by "more frisky" :ph34r:

No medication ever had this sort of effect on me. I suppose if anything was going to do it, it would have been the testosterone shots that I was on for a time. But, nope.

Medication can have an effect on libido - I assume that's what you mean by "frisky"?

You could start by reading the side effects of your medication from back then! And make sure to speak to your doctor about it. It can be difficult to bring up, I know. Hopefully you're comfortable with your doctor. I've spoken to my doctor about this kind of thing a few times, although at first it was awkward.

It's also worth noting that medication can effect people in different ways.

Medication can have an effect on libido - I assume that's what you mean by "frisky"?

You could start by reading the side effects of your medication from back then! And make sure to speak to your doctor about it. It can be difficult to bring up, I know. Hopefully you're comfortable with your doctor. I've spoken to my doctor about this kind of thing a few times, although at first it was awkward.

General doctor or psychiatrist?

General doctor or psychiatrist?

Well I've personally spoken to my doctor as he is the one who prescribed the medication - previously when a psychiatrist wrote it I would have asked them. If you still have access to whomever wrote it go with them. If not the next qualified professional!

I hope you know this is in no way meant to be dismissive of your question! It's always nice to get others input on the effects that medication can have on them personally. At the same time, these professionals are there to answer these kinds of questions too, make the most of the time you have to talk to them! :)