Nonlibidoism?

chromanebula

chromanebula

I think I might fit, but I'm not really sure what it is. There are a ton of threads defining sexual attraction/asexuality, but what about nonlibidoism?

Amoeba-Proteus

Nonlibidoism is having no sex drive.
For example, some people are asexual (not sexually attracted to people) but still have a sex drive. Some others are asexual and don't have a sex drive.

I'd describe myself as nonlibidoist. As well as asexual.
When I say that, I'm referring to the fact that I've never felt even a single tiny shred of sexual attraction/desire/drive/etc.

I identify as nonlibidoist. Every time someone tries to explain to me what it's like to have a sex drive or be turned on, I get vaguely confused, which makes me think that it's something I don't experience. Perhaps I do have a weak libido and am just confused, but whatever, nonlibidoist works for me.

I also identify as nonlibidoist. : ) It can be a bit hard to explain, but I'll try... A libido is the "sex drive" or the urge to satisfy or seek out sexual feelings like arousal. But libido does not equal arousal (they are separate, just like sexual attraction is separate from aesthetic and romantic etc. Arousal is a natural reaction to stimuli)... Some people describe libido as having an "itch to scratch", regardless of stimuli present, and so then they scratch that itch (masturbate, have sex, etc.). Doesn't mean they like doing it, it's just that the body won't let that feeling go unless it's been dealt with.

It also depends on each person...but that is my take on it. If I mentioned something that doesn't sound right, feel free to correct me! : ) Cause I know it is something that's a bit tricky to explain. The most important thing is that you identify with what you feel fits you best, what feels right! No one can tell you different. : )

• 3 weeks later...
Princess_Rhaella_Stark

How do you know if you have no libido?

I don't masturbate (Yuck, IMHO)

I don't particularly like sexy books ( I read them out of morbid curiosity on highly rare occasions and quickly throw them away)

I'm fairly sure I have no libido or its very weak ...

How do you know if you have no libido?

Generally speaking, I'd call it having zero compulsion on your own (that is, without some sort of direct stimulus, which falls under sexual arousal and even nonlibs can potentially experience) for sexual gratification, whether on your own or partnered.

I identify as non-libidoist because:

I can get PHYSICALLY aroused, as in, my body produces the right blood flow and such when stimulated to physically be able to mate. But, the mental/emotional arousal and any and all desire to do anything with said arousal does not exist. I just want to leave it alone, it'll go away in a couple of minutes when the stimuli is gone and no fuss. Most people I have talked to describe feeling like there is an "itch" they need to scratch (masturbation or any other form of release) when their libido acts up. I've never felt any interest in touching myself or being touched in a sexual manner, hygiene purposes only. So, if left to myself, I would never have sex and never masturbate and not be stressed or upset or feel like anything at all is missing in my life.

So, if left to myself, I would never masturbate and not be stressed or upset or feel like anything at all is missing in my life.

^ I think the above describes it quite well.

Sounds like I identify with asexual and nonlibidoist. I have absolutely zero sex drive, could care less about it and am not sexually attracted to others. Still figuring out where I fit in.

• 2 weeks later...

So, if left to myself, I would never masturbate and not be stressed or upset or feel like anything at all is missing in my life.

Yeah, that's me as well. In my case, I also understand why it's pleasurable, but my body still never says, "Hey, I need/want this!" Nor does it ever occur to me as something to do. The only time my body or brain think of anything sexual is when there's an external factor... like I'm already in a sexual situation with someone. But it never really randomly occurs to me to masturbate.

This sounds very similar to me.

Has anyone ever felt annoyance after becoming aroused? Like I just become irritated and want it to go away, without doing anything about it.

I don't have anything against masturbation, I just don't want it.

Yeah, that's me as well. In my case, I also understand why it's pleasurable, but my body still never says, "Hey, I need/want this!" Nor does it ever occur to me as something to do. The only time my body or brain think of anything sexual is when there's an external factor... like I'm already in a sexual situation with someone. But it never really randomly occurs to me to masturbate.
This sounds very similar to me.

Has anyone ever felt annoyance after becoming aroused? Like I just become irritated and want it to go away, without doing anything about it.

I don't have anything against masturbation, I just don't want it.

Yeah, it rarely happens to me anyway (thankfully!) unless there's some sort of strong external influence, but yes, I dislike it greatly. I can't even fathom how annoying it would be if I felt any sort of arousal on a regular basis.

Honestly today was the first time I had experienced it in months and I just scowled until it went away. Ugh...

Archived