Self-identified asexual women sought for a study that explores experiences of sexuality and becoming women.

Amusicum

My name is Aoife Sadlier, a PhD candidate in King’s College London. My research explores the connections/disconnections between representations of female asexualities and the lived experience of (a)sexualities across various women's life spans. In particular, this part of my study aims to explore self-identified women’s unique experiences of their sexualities and becoming women. This topic is of great importance as I strongly feel that within popular culture women are not given the space to speak of their sexualities on their own terms. ​As part of my research, I am interested in running storytelling workshops with self-identified women in London. I am currently seeking women of any age (aged 18 or over) who identify as asexual and are based in the UK to take part in two workshops (each lasting 2 hours). In these workshops, the participating women’s memories will be explored both individually in writing and through discussion within a small group context. Photovoice work will be incorporated, whereby participants will take photographs of objects, people and places related to their genders and sexualities in everyday settings. A single one-hour follow-up interview with the researcher will be conducted after the two workshops have been completed.
This research has received ethical approval from the King’s College London Ethics Committee (approval code: REP/13/14-139) and has also received Admod/ PT backing. If you have an interest in taking part, please do not hesitate to email me at aoife.sadlier@kcl.ac.uk. I will then send on an information sheet with more details of the study.
Kind regards,
Aoife Sadlier
PhD candidate
Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries, King's College London
aoife.sadlier@kcl.ac.uk
Mycroft is Yourcroft

This project has been approved for posting by the Admod Team and the Project Team.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everybody who has responded via email so far. At the moment, I am particularly seeking asexual women aged 40+, as responses have been mainly from women in the 20s/30s age group. Thank you so much for your support so far! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any asexual-identified women aged 40+ interested in taking part in the study? If you are interested, make sure to contact me on aoife.sadlier@kcl.ac.uk. Thank you! :)

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody, I'm still looking for a few asexual-identified women to take part in my study. The collective biography groups have been completed but I still want to do some life history interviews with people. If interested, please do not hesitate to contact me here or at aoife.sadlier@kcl.ac.uk.

Thanks everybody,

Aoife

• 1 month later...

Archived