Romantics In A QPR Who Also Date People Romantically?

SidesSeer

Hi All!

This might be in the wrong place, so feel free to move it. XD

Anyway, I've heard of this type of scenario a couple of times on this site and others, and am curious about the logistics of it. I'm particularly curious to hear how romantics "juggle" the two relationships. Are you open with your romantic partner about your QPP? Does your commitment level (time commitment, emotional, etc) differ between the two? What kinds of boundaries do you set with each? Like, are there things you do with your QPP that you wouldn't do with your romantic partner, or vice versa? What, like, different benefits do you get from each?

Hmm, those are all the questions I can think of for now. Perspectives from anyone in this scenario (romantic, romantic partner, QPP) would be awesome!

(Cake!)

Misty

Notte stellata

I think it's pretty similar to the average polyamorous relationships, except that not all the relationships are romantic (FYI, I don't think poly relationships have to be romantic). Like the case with multiple romantic relationships, the QPR + romantic relationship arrangement varies a lot. Some people live with both their romantic partner and their QPP, some only live with one or neither of them. Some do different things with their romantic partner vs. QPP (e.g. only kissing a romantic partner), some don't. It depends on what everyone is comfortable with.

TooOldForThis

Yeah, it varies a lot. But in order for all the relationships to be healthy, then yeah, all the partners would have to know the score and be okay with it. As in a romantic-relationships-only poly situation.

Archived