Possibly Quoisexual?

kkgirl123456

I just recently started identifying as quoiromantic and I've been wondering if something like "quoisexual" exists where you don't see the difference between sexual and aesthetic attraction. If so, I feel like I identify as this.

I'm kind of "...eh?" on this because to me, it's pretty obvious when you just think someone is pretty...and keep it at that. I don't know a lot of people who literally want to 'bang' everyone they think is hot.

It seems to me that there's a physical difference between aesthetic and sexual attraction, whereas, regarding quioromanticism, there isn't necessarily a physical difference between friendship and romantic attraction, which makes it harder to see a difference. Romantic partners and friends may both be emotionally close and cuddle and not kiss (depending on the romantic partners), however aesthetic attraction involves just admiring someone visually whereas sexual attractions means wanting to share sexual activity with someone.

If you're ace but feel visual/tactile attraction, have you looked into sensual attraction? I guess someone who feels sensual attraction might have a hard time distinguishing between the two because they would experience both visual and tactile attraction though not sexual attraction. I could be wrong though, these are just my thoughts.

• Like 1

For me personally, sensual attraction is almost synonmous with romantic attraction, because caressing and other loving touches go hand-in-hand with romantic things.

Hazel lights

I believe there's definately a difference between sexual and aesthetic attraction. Before I realized I was asexual, I thought they were the same thing. I had no idea what sexual attraction actually felt like, so I assumed was physically attracted to guys who were really only aesthetically attractive to me. To my understanding Aesthetic means you enjoy looking at something. Sexual means seeing a person produces a physical response in your body and you have some desire (whether or not you have any inclination to act on that desire) to do something physical with that person. Like I guess it's possible to be sexually attracted to every single person you find aesthetically attractive, but still I think they're two different feelings. Platonic and romantic can be a lot harder to differentiate and can blur together though in my opinion.