hi from shy and flustered newbie c:

Yona

ohai

Freaking out a little right now. Cant' believe I made an account here or that I'm daring to post at all.

But after years of feeling a little different and a recent, very crappy "relationship", I started doing research on this asexuality thing.

I've been lurking the forum, and I'm in shock at how much I relate. Really, really shocked. Almost started crying because things started making so much sense so quickly.

But I'm still really confused and think I need to talk about things more.

Is there anywhere specific that I can post my story in detail and get feedback on it? I have so many questions!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. c:

Welcome to AVEN. :) Don't be scared or nervous. We are glad you are here. On the main forum page you will see that they have many different sections you can post things that pertain to different topic. If you post something in the wrong topic the moderators will put it in the right place so don't worry.

Have some cake. :D

Screen-Shot-2013-05-20-at-10.01.09-AM.pn

Hullo and welcome! :cake: I'm glad you found AVEN to know that you're not alone. Actually, many newcomers mention their story and ask some questions in the welcome lounge, but you could also mention your story and ask some questions in the Asexual Q&A section if you still have questions about asexuality itself. The Grey Area, Sex, and Related Discussions for questions about so. Any questions about romantic identity, perhaps try Romantic and Aromantic Orientations. Questions about gender, the best section for that would probably the Gender Discussion section. Or perhaps join chat and ask away! Don't worry if they're talking about a different subject, it happens and it's completely fine to bring up a new topic and they'll be more than happy to help you answer your questions. Oh, and just a friendly reminder, even though you may have questions, only you can decide what to identify with. Nobody else has a say in what you "should" identify with. Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy it here! ^_^

Hi & welcome!

Don't be afraid to participate in the existing topics or start one of your own, everyone I've met here is very open and friendly. Enjoy your stay.

Welcome Yona! Please don't be nervous. This is a fairly safe place, I've found. There's a forum here called Tea and Sympathy that is not public, only viewable by members. If I had a story to tell that I was nervous about I'd most likely post it there.

Happy to see you here! :)

Thank you for the welcome everyone. :3

Hello and welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

You're not the only one who's nervous; I was also terrified to make my first post, but now AVEN has become like a second home. I'm glad you decided to make an account and start posting, because it can be a great place to figure things out.

I think the other replies have already given you a good idea of where to post things, so I won't repeat the same info twice. Basically just start a topic wherever you think it fits best, and if you're wrong a mod can always move it somewhere else.

Anyway, welcome again, and I hope you enjoy being a member here!! :)

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: No need to be freaked out or anything. We are some of the nicest people EVER. I swear. Lots of support and understanding...and goofiness, too lol. : ) It's great that your discovery was so positive! Hooray!! <3 As for questions or wanting to post more of your story, Reiko gave you some great links! Asexual Musings & Rantings is another section you could check out. But as others said, the Mods will take care of it. No worries. I hope you love it here. Best wishes!

recipe-image-legacy-id--364184_10.jpg

Ouaaahh it's an everything cake! :D A surprise in ever slice. haha

ranting ferret

well hello! glad you chose to join in officially (meaning joining the forums) super glad you are checking out the asexuality part for answers and learning about you. isn't it grand? going from tears of frustration to some tears of understanding. good for you! great to have you around.

Archived