Leap Birthdays

LaMaestra

Leap Birthdays  

1. 1. If you were born on February 29 when do you celebrate your birthday?

• February 28
    • March 1
    • My birthday is not on February 29
  2. 2. If your birthday is not on February 29 when would you choose to celebrate?

• February 28
    • March 1
    • I was born on this date, so see above.

This poll is closed to new votes

I got the idea for this from Leap Day baby (and great Avenite) Geoff celebrating his birthday today.

I think that is very interesting. If my B-Day was a lead B-Day I would want to celebrate it as soon as possible.

My own answer would be February 28 for 2 reasons.

1) Since I was officially born in February anyway (although I wasn't) it would make better sense.

2) March 1 is the awful Justin Bieber's birthday and I certainly don't want to share it with him. I would rather it remain in the last week of February so that I could be like my avatar (25th).

What did the world do to deserve having Justin Bieber shoved in our face. I think I speak for most people when I say "we are sorry" now make him go away. I was praying for deportation. Then he would be Canada's problem.

Exactly, Perseus. I love Canada and would like to live there. But he gives that fine country a bad name.

LaMaestra, I think the results are skewed. Not many people seem to be Leap Day babies, for reasons I can't fathom.

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE. Statistically one of every ~1460 of us should be 29ers.

My reasoning for saying March 1 is slightly clinical. It's the day after the 28th. I asked a person who knows law stuff when it would be legal for a leap baby to drink, and she said March 1. And also it's cool to have birthdays in two different months. It's like being an exceptionally lazy temporal ninja, in that I did nothing to deserve this. So it's cool.

Then again, I never realized Bielzeber was born March 1st...*sigh* I might have to rethink my approach...

Skewed they may be, our Geoff, but it is a mighty fine idea for a poll, n'est ce pas?

Bielzeber, good one!

A very fine idea for a poll indeed, dear person.

I also realized that there may be a lot of closeted day leapers. I'd just like to reach out to them and tell them to not be ashamed of the day on which you were born. We're all in this together, much like two fish that are rather inconveniently tied together by their tails.

My own answer would be February 28 for 2 reasons.

1) Since I was officially born in February anyway (although I wasn't) it would make better sense.

2) March 1 is the awful Justin Bieber's birthday and I certainly don't want to share it with him. I would rather it remain in the last week of February so that I could be like my avatar (25th).

But March 1st are also Roger Daltrey's and Harry Belafonte's birthdays and they trump Justin by a landslide

They certainly bloody do, Frey!

Harry and Roger are better than Babypoop will ever be. I give another 2 years at most. He won't still be in music at 30.

I have quite a thing for my avatar though. I have loved him for 35 years.

brightberry

Back in 4th grade, I knew a teacher whose birthday was on Feb 29, and her husband (who also happened to be a teacher) also had his birthday on the 29th. From what I heard, every 4 years they'd have a large party. She often joked that she was only a couple years older than her students

i see "If your birthday is not on February 29 when would you choose to celebrate?" has 3 more votes than total votes cast, maybe these are 3 voters thinking "2 day party, yay :D "

brightberry

Maybe you could celebrate from 12:00 pm on the 28th to 12:00 pm on the 1st.

Good thinking, Prophasis.

Happy Kitty

My "Feelings" side says I'd celebrate on the 28th because February.

My "Thinking" side says March 1 because that's 365 days later.

I was born in February, so I may just love that month.

I picked March 1 just because I like March and odd numbers. I am already an even numbered end-of-the-month baby so the change would be cool.

Belieber always gotta go and ruin stuffs! >.<

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2015. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived