Hi

clemek

I am 20 years old, when I was 13 I told my classmate that "I would never have sex" he told me that we were two young to know that. Since I attended a catholic school we had priest and nuns come in and talk to us about their journey to the religious life, one in particular told how he never felt a desire for a girlfriend and always knew God had other plans with him. I thought that maybe I was destined to be a nun.

Fast forward to senior year of high school 1 month before prom I decide to go alone and I got a lot of flack from others about it. However I loved not having to worry about another person. In my first week in college my cross country team brought all their girls into the woods to demand all our 'boy stories' I said "I've got nothing" and they called me a LIAR, saying that they have watched me interact with the boys on the team and they think I am a flirt an most have had some kind of relationship.

But the truth is I have never felt the need to be in a romantic or sexual relationship with anyone. I get quiet confused when a sexual person trys to explain relationships, changing for another to like them. I get hurt when a friend who I have loved and been around for a while leaves me to hang out with a guy. I get even more annoyed when people excuse their behavior "be happy, that she is happy." that annoys me because if I was happy with stealing, killing, or another known injustice no one would dare to excuse my actions with me being happy, so why do others get excused?

I am pretty sure I am pans/biromantic with my asexual which sucks. Because then I feel the heartbreak. I can love someone, give them every single last piece of me but since I am not sexual they will look for someone else, someone better.

I have spent years thinking I am broken, wondering why my mind and body doesn't work like others. I am happy to find this community.

Tabula Rasa

Welcome clemek!

It's sad that so many people still don't understand that relationships can be built and sustained without sex. I hope you find the answers you seek here.

:cake: :)

Welcome to AVEN :) :cake:

Just wanted to say, chat is usually a little less surreal than it was earlier :lol:

Welcome to AVEN clemek. Don't feel broken. We are glad to have you apart of the community.

Selasphorus

It's good to have you here! :cake: You're definitely not alone, nor broken. ;)

Hello, and welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

I actually found myself relating a lot to the beginning of your story. I went to a Catholic high school, and during my freshman year, being around so many religious made me question if I was meant to be a nun. Deep down, I knew I wasn't really nun material, but I was convinced that being a nun would be better than getting married to someone and "having to deal with sex".

Thankfully, I eventually figured out that I didn't need marriage or a religious occupation to be happy, and now I am planning on being single. I'm glad you also are figuring yourself out, even if you do have the added difficulty of having a romantic orientation. I would say that although being ace can make relationships harder to find, it isn't impossible, so don't give up hope! :)

Thank you for all your kind welcome. DeltaX, it's nice to know I wasn't the only person who considered being a nun to avoid sex.

Thank you for all your kind welcome. DeltaX, it's nice to know I wasn't the only person who considered being a nun to avoid sex.

No, you're definitely not! I've seen a few others on the forums say they had similar thoughts as well, so it isn't even just the two of us.

It kind of makes me wonder how many religious people are asexual and don't realize it, but that it probably a discussion for another thread.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: I'm sure you'll find lots of awesome people here that can relate to you. : ) Thanks for sharing your story with us! I went to a Catholic college, though I'm not Catholic, but I felt very similar! I thought, "Well, gee, maybe I should convert and become a nun?" Lol. Well, I don't think that's happening...it's not my calling...but it was a thought. So yes, you aren't alone! : ) I'm glad that you found this great community! I hope you enjoy being a member.

chocolate-pudding-cake-recipe-with-cake-

Archived