What does it feel like to be sexually attracted to someone?

Conscientious Ghost

Conscientious Ghost

And how would you also know? I know it's a subjective question, so people don't experience the same signs as other people do. Having some enlightenment would be great.

It is very powerful and intoxicating. I only feel something after a bond happens but when I feel the attraction, it is amazing.

I've only experienced sensual attraction. I guess, it's more of a romantic feeling. Heart goes pitter-pat and all that.

Your breath catches, you think of them often. Nothing that sets my loins on fire. ;)

Hooded_Crow

Oh this is interesting :) I'd like to know too.

Also, gonna add a question: how do you know it's sexual attraction and not just you being in love and in an aroused state because of other factors such as sensual touching? Is it something that you feel constantly towards the person?

Okay, so that was more than one question >_>

Conscientious Ghost

@Tja

I'm on the same boat! The last sentence you wrote was beautiful, ha ha. :lol:

@Hooded_Crow

Although it was more than one, those are excellent questions to add on. :D

how do you know it's sexual attraction and not just you being in love and in an aroused state because of other factors such as sensual touching?

I don't have to touch them for it to happen, but touching them can often kick it into overdrive. And I don't consider myself to have ever been in love, although I would like to experience it.

Is it something that you feel constantly towards the person?

For me, pretty much. The intensity lessens with time though but takes years to go away completely.

WhenSummersGone

For me it just feels like I want to have sex with a specific person. I suddenly feel interested in them sexually.

I don't experience sexual attraction, but sensual attraction to me is sort of a predatory feeling, where I want to touch/kiss someone, and desire a physical touch, but still not want anything to do with sex or genitals.

Hooded_Crow

For me it just feels like I want to have sex with a specific person. I suddenly feel interested in them sexually.

Basically just that. I have no idea how else to describe it, really.

Also, gonna add a question: how do you know it's sexual attraction and not just you being in love and in an aroused state because of other factors such as sensual touching?

I don't know that it's sexual attraction because I'm not sure what sexual attraction is. I know when I feel sexual desire, i.e. a desire to do something sexual with a specific person. (Which is rare for me, but certainly not impossible. I know and recognise the feeling very easily even though it's quite infrequent.)Anyway, I suppose I see what you're getting at, but "being in love and in an aroused state because of other factors such as sensual touching" seems almost like hair-splitting to me. Over-analysing one's feelings. But maybe that's just me.

Yes, you're probably right XD

Do you also feel something sexual towards your partner when you're not already aroused is what I meant. How different is it to just for instance your libido working up and you wanting sexual release? (Because I feel that sometimes, and if my partner's around, why not let him help me with that? It's more emotional than dealing with it on my own XD. Although I never desire penetrative stuff, only touching, qjd if he didn't want to, I'd be like "okay, I don't really care either way".)

Sorry for TMI, feel free to not answer.

Hooded_Crow

Ah, okay :) I think my partner is like that too. He identifies as nonlib in that his body doesn't randomly ask for sexual release. But when we're being sensual together he might get turned on. We both might. And then we are comfortable sharing that together.

Hmm it's kinda an attraction that say "I want to be sexual with you"

You may want to see them naked, touch them sexually like in a way to get them aroused or have them touch you to get aroused, think about stuff like that, and you may feel aroused like some fun feeling in your pants. I dont know how els to explain it? :blush:

Ah, okay :) I think my partner is like that too. He identifies as nonlib in that his body doesn't randomly ask for sexual release. But when we're being sensual together he might get turned on. We both might. And then we are comfortable sharing that together.

*raises hand* :blush:

I'm going to have a different answer here than a lot of people, asexual and non-asexual alike. I don't really have a libido that works up. A need or want for sexual release just in and of itself is something I never experience. My sole reasons for having ever had sex are that it's just felt "right" for the situation and because I've felt turned on -- which for me, primarily refers to a mental state. I don't believe I've ever been just physically aroused without it being connected to being in a romantic situation with someone. I have absolutely no drive for sexual release/activity otherwise.

Yep, this is exactly how I seem to be, so for me at least your experience doesn't feel too different ^^

Neon Rainbow

I've experienced sexual attraction very rarely as a result of my bipolar disorder. It's been a while since I've felt it, but I remember it feeling really hot. Literally - my face flushed and I felt like I was overheating. It was very stimulating.

I though I was able to answer the question but once I thought about it I realized I didn't know.

It's a tough question.

UncommonOtaku

It depends on you and how you feel. Why are you feeling like stalking someone?

Its only a problem when you're stalking them and not doing anything about it. You have to confront them and get acquainted to determine if there is mutual interest.

Otherwise, an interest could easily become an obsession, and there will be a problem - it would be inevitable.

Recognizing that an interest is becoming a problem, is often difficult, when you're the one obsessing over a quarry or a potential victim. It is better to confront the person and get it over with, be a friend or a paramour. Don't be a stalker and eventual offender.

mieyaoe

Archived