Asexuality mentioned on Gaia Online

Skywolf

Maybe this deserves it's own thing, I don't know. But hey, Gaia Online has awareness items!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/barton-boutique-and-buttercup-cafe-awesome-new-finds-await/t.77289547/

Cool!

And by searching "asexual" in their search box, there are 742 topics in their forum with the word "asexual", and 47914 reply results. That's a lot!

Sorry if this has already been posted before!

Gaia Online (which I've frequented since 2007) recently released a bunch of items for LGBTQIA Awareness Month, including an Asexual Pride Tapestry and an Asexual Pride Flag for your avatar (for both human and animal forms). I just wanted to let you all know about this development!

(The banner/flag choices for purchase are asexual, pansexual, bisexual, transgender, and LGBT. I don't see any mention of intersex people even though they're in the acronym.)

One can equip a banner and flag of different types (for example, if one's proud to be a genderqueer ace).

Also, given the massive inflation on the site, the items appear expensive but are really cheap (the banner costs 100,000 gold and the flag 35,000, but one can easily make a few hundred thousand to a couple million gold every day, in thirty seconds, by clicking the daily bonuses).

• Like 2

Aw, that's cool! I used to be addicted to Gaia. I'm glad they're becoming socially aware. :)

I haven't been active on there since 2009 (I joined in '06). Inflation was really awful when I left but geeeeez 100k+ a day... that's just, wow!! :blink:

Apparently (according to yesterday's announcement) they've now got MASSIVE problems with users harassing the LGBT+ Gaians on the forums, so much so they had to make an announcement about tolerance, warning people that using slurs and threatening other Gaians are ToS violations. They took the "we did this just to raise awareness since this awareness month," while saying everyone's viewpoints on LGBT+ issues are welcome on Gaia... yeah that's a hard line to walk. Being "polite" and saying the same hateful things somehow doesn't make it less hateful. Um. IMO. I avoid the forums.

I updated my avatar and made a super butch purple-haired genderqueer ace avatar. Not that IRL I look like this but it makes me happy.

Aw, that's cool! I used to be addicted to Gaia. I'm glad they're becoming socially aware. :)

I haven't been active on there since 2009 (I joined in '06). Inflation was really awful when I left but geeeeez 100k+ a day... that's just, wow!! :blink:

Oh, the inflation problems have gotten a LOT worse since then, for many reasons.

I've gotten 2.5 million a day (maybe once a week) just from Daily Chance (usually it's more like 200,000 - 1 million a day).

Meanwhile they still haven't disabled the 1 - 6 gold for browsing the site, lol.

I wonder how much your old stuff is worth now.