super awkward and nervous but optimistic and excited; hello!

tristanne

*takes deep breath before hitting "post"*

Hello everyone! I'm really nervous but really excited to be here! I've never actually even joined a forum before...

I'm a twenty something Australian (New South Welsh) girl who has been waiting and waiting and waiting to find out what all the fuss about sex is. I'd heard of asexuality before but it wasn't until I recently stumbled on a proper article about it that I had the realisation that... I am asexual too. It made so much sense and suddenly threaded together so many disparate and confusing parts of my life (like my inability to enjoy novels that have complex sexually driven plotlines... I'm just like like "pfft can someone get me some H. P. Lovecraft over here?"). I live with my partner of almost 8 years, with whom I have a romantic (for reals!) + sexual (well, I've been pretending) relationship, so obviously... I've got some work ahead of me.

My interests (things I would much rather be doing than having sex!!) include reading books about science and history, doing crafts while listening to podcasts, and anything to do with cats (snuggling, playing, instagramming, dressing in little hats etc). I work in a bookshop to support myself while I am studying for my bachelor of psychology.

It's been a little rough over the last year or so; I've been struggling with some psychiatric problems and seem to have ended up very isolated from past friends. I am really hoping to make some new friends here; you guys seem super nice! I am also mad keen on exchanging letters (snail mail) so would love to do this with anyone who would like to be superletterfriends.

I hope this was the right sort of introduction and I haven't put in too much information! (Let me know if I did anything wrong!)

TL;DR: Hi I'm Tristanne and I am so excited to meet you all!!

Nice to meet you! I'm also an Australian... You should totally check out our NSW Avenites thread in Meetup Mart. Also of interest is the Sydney Basin AVEN group on FB. I also love HP Lovecraft and have a cat so I think you'll get along well with us.

Welcome to AVEN, Tristanne! :cake::cake::cake: I'm glad we'll get to meet you tomorrow, and start you on the road to meeting some awesomely-ace friends! I also LOVE podcasts, and cats. How could life get any better? :wub: I'm afraid my 'reading' of Lovecraft is all done by listening to the HP Literary Podcast, though! :D Teehee!

LadyWallflower

Welcome! I hope you have a great time on AVEN! :)

Hey there, and welcome to AVEN! Here's some cake. :cake:

You sound pretty cool, what with being a fellow book-nerd and lover of psychology and all that.

And kitties. <3

Welcome to AVEN [...watch the cricket across 'da ditch']

:ph34r:

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Your intro is just fine! : ) There's no rules about how much you can write, so go for it! It's so great you stumbled across this wonderful community. You'll learn a whole lot and meet super awesome people here, too. <3 You aren't alone! I assure you, you'll find friends here. I hope that you love being a member! Best wishes~

809999.jpeg

Sirah-loves-cake

I'm so glad you've found AVEN! It's amazing having friends who also don't really get what the big deal is about sex. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: (haha! All the Cake!)

Archived