(TMI : female problems) Too wet...

Rising Sun

Here is a problem for which I have never found a solution, in spite of the number of times where I googled it. I don't know where to find a solution any longer, and it's really embarrassing...

So, I'm too wet. But really too wet, and not just during sex but in my everyday life. Like as wet as during average periods. You can imagine how uncomfortable it is. And I don't really know what to do, because according to doctors and other women, being so wet is a "blessing" and it's exactly what I'm expecting to hear from my doctor... But for some people, body fluid production can go far beyond limits and it's the case for me. It was even embarrassing when I had a sex life. So, of course there is the fact that I take a contraceptive pill. But I always had that problem, I have it since puberty and hormones didn't change much, and anyway as I'm taking them to regulate testosterone (I have a too much of it otherwise), I couldn't stop taking hormones as I don't want all that testosterone back.

I would like to know if somebody knows a way to regulate cervical mucus production back to normal ? (I have no infection, as my doctor told me, and everything is normal apart from excess quantity) Of course if I have no choice, I would eventually ask my doctor but I would like to know if there aren't simple solutions such as herbal teas or other natural / traditional remedies, something not too strong or too radical.

my one gf had this type of pad that was super small and had slight adhesive to line the panties, and that strikes me as a comfortable way to wick moisture

Tried pads in your underwear? That is the only advice I can see other than "consider yourself lucky" which imo is bs. Other than that you could try to do contraction exercises, which supposedly helps, and if you're sexual active.. well dry yourself during the act - or try different positions.

Other than that you should see a doctor if it is really big problem and the "pill" doesn't help, and all other options doesn't give you a result that you seek.

You could use a menstrual cup.

I thought about it, but I'm a little bit afraid of having to empty it when I'm in public toilets or outside in general. I suppose there is a risk during periods of getting my hands red, and there is also a risk of having the menstrual cup contaminated with a lot of bacteria because public toilets are relatively dirty places ?

my one gf had this type of pad that was super small and had slight adhesive to line the panties, and that strikes me as a comfortable way to wick moisture

It's what I'm doing right now, but it's still too uncomfortable and it doesn't feel clean at all... Mostly because they aren't designed to absorb that kind of fluid.

Get a better doctor? I mean there must be something that you can take that will help with that. Sure allosexuals want lubrication, but too much liquid can be a breeding ground for infections. I hope you can find something that works and isn't uncomfortable.

For a once in a while, short term solution, OTC sinus meds might cut back on it some, since they tend to dry out all of the mucous membranes in the body, even though they are made only to dry up sinuses and runny noses. They dry out my nose and mouth, but I never noticed whether or not they dry me out down there, but I also don't have excessive wetness/discharge.

I do know that there are effective treatments for people who have excessive sweating (hyperhydrosis), like botox injections, and I have heard of doctors using botox vaginally for other reasons, so it is possible that some doctor out there might offer such a treatment. After all, the vaginal fluid comes from glands, as does perspiration, and botox prevents sweat glands from producing sweat. The only problem is that botox isn't permanent, but the effect can last a few months so it might be worth it if such a treatment is available. I've never heard of anything like that, but, as you noted, most women have the opposite problem.

Thank you all, I will see what I can do with your advice :) And probably try the menstrual cup as a temporary solution, before I can benefit from something really effective.

Too bad there seems to be to natural remedies, but who knows... If ever I find one, I'll post it here so it can help other people.

Hm. Do you mean vaginal discharge (the slighty gooey liquid that can be clear to creamy white) or like, actually having gushing liquid coming out as if menstrual fluid is constantly coming out?

If it's the discharge, instead of MENSTRUAL pads, you could try "sanitary pads" that are meant for urine / discharge rather than blood. Or, fleece / cotton pads, which will absorb any type of liquid. Also, sponges would work on any liquid.

If it's a lot of liquid like full on period liquid all the time, then sponges, cloth pads or a cup. The cups are NOT unclean to empty. You don't even have to take them out if you're in public, really. You just have to break the seal. So, you can either pull on the stem a tiny bit to break the seal, let it drain into the toilet, then push back into place. Or, you can push hard, as if straining to go to the bathroom or pushing during labor (no, sneezing and other normal muscle uses will not break the seal) and it breaks the seal while pushing and it reseals after you relax, letting it drain without any removal. If you opt for removal, you can carry baby wipes to clean your hands in the stall.

You could try the default "feminine regulation" herbs to see if it helps at all. Raspberry leaf tea, lady's mantle, etc.

I mean cervical mucus, vaginal liquid. Sadly nothing works with it as mine is very thick, too much thick to be absorbed by anything.

That's why I think I may try a menstrual cup and look for solutions to regulate it.

How does the every day wetness compare to your cycle? I thought I had a heavy cycle but can make 12 hours with my cup when I'm bleeding. So ideally you'd just have to change it in the morning and evening (cleaning it out in the shower is super easy). I have changed it in a public restroom before: it's just take out with one hand, grab TP with the other, wipe cup out and reinsert. Some people bring in water bottles too. There's a huge Livejournal community on this.

It's more random, as I take the pill so I don't have natural cycles. It varies a lot depending on the day and time of the day, but I didn't notice a pattern. There was one when I had natural cycles, but it was very subtle, especially as they varied between 25 and 47 days.

Thank you for the link PoeFreak !

You could use a menstrual cup.

Totes the first thing I thought of too.

I also wanted to say that Serran explained using a menstrual cup in a public bathroom very well. Plus you can keep the cup in for at least 12 hours if you don't fill it up.

If you're having trouble finding menstrual cups in your area, I used this UK site to see what kinds of cups there were. I have the Fleur cup and it was cheaper to buy it directly from Fleur than the UK site.

EDIT: Since someone else mentioned it...

Cup livejournal community

Menstrual cup 101/FAQ

Size chart

Archived