Anyone else experience this?

SakuraBlossom13

SakuraBlossom13

So I made a realization yesterday that was really interesting to me. I'm beginning to realize I identify within the Gray-A/Demi aspect of things but that's just if I'm looking to put a label on what I'm experiencing. I'm still learning about the different terms and all of that! Haha. So I apologize if I get things wrong.

Anyways, I realized that while I do have a libido and sex drive (but don't wish to experience anything with a partner), I'm totally content taking care of it myself even though some days feel like a chore. I've been trying to figure out what exactly "gets me going" so to speak because when I look at certain people, I feel turned on but it's not the person that's doing it if that makes sense.

I've found that what makes me feel turned on is writing, artwork, erotica, and so on (sorry for the TMI) but on the rare, rare, rare occasion that someone makes me feel something it's not the person themself that does it, it's because they remind me of a character (or a storyline within that same realm of the character) in something I've read or written myself. I do writing roleplays that are strictly romantic and involve relationship building but I get the excited feeling from the idea of romance not sex.

So I guess long story/question short, do any of you experience stimulation from the idea of something/someone and not the person themselves when you look at another? Hopefully I'm making sense. Haha.

I know what you're on about, being attracted to someone not because of the person but because they remind me of a character

And yes you were making sense don't worry about it

It is called fictiosexuality - a subcategory of gray-asexuality that refers to people who only feel sexual attraction toward fictional characters (from books, movies, tv shows, etc.). When fictiosexuals see a person in real life that reminds them of a character they are crushing on, it's common for them to feel sexually attracted to the said person becuase they subconsciously link the emotions for the character with the resemblance of the real person.

Hope you understand my explanation. I'm really tired & can't put a normal sentence together XD

SakuraBlossom13

I'm glad I made sense!

And that explanation is exactly what I feel and experience, so that makes a lot of sense to me! Thank you so much for sharing that! I really don't have much more to say than this because that really hit the nail on the head.

I learned something new today. I love terms for how someone feels. It helps with understanding.

Wow, a new term for today. So, it is like being attracted to Seven of Nine, not because of her body, but because she so analytical yet struggles with feelings such as guilt, shame, and anger.

Certain sights, sounds or scents can stimulate certain parts of the mind.

SakuraBlossom13

I've never had anything with scents, sights or sounds (in terms of sexual attraction, that is) but I use ASMR videos to relax, if anyone knows what that is. So I totally understand what you're saying!

I like the labels too. I mean, I think it really helps to bring relief to know that you can call what you're experience something. It's not the same for everyone, of course, but it definitely helps me!

Archived