Your Fictional Crushes (and Otherwise)

CNGB

This isn't exactly relationship stuff, but as it does have to do with romantic feelings I thought I should probably put it in this section of the forums. I apologize if I misjudged. ^_^

For those of you who don't already know, a fictosexual is someone who experiences sexual attraction only/mostly to fictional characters, and a fictoromantic is the romantic equivalent (obviously). I would not consider myself a fictosexual or a fictoromantic, though I remember when I was younger I had crushes on some characters like Double D (from Ed, Edd, and Eddy), Tak (from the Tak video game series), and Sirius Black (from the Harry Potter series). There were probably more, but I sure can't remember haha

Anyway, I was just curious to see some of y'all's former or current crushes/squishes/whatevers, if you have ever had or do have any. :)

I've had a number over the years, most from books and a few from TV.

Dhugal MacAdry from Katherine Kurtz's Deryni books The Bishop's Heir, The King's Justice & The Search for Saint Camber. I think my fascination with him got mixed up a bit with an interest in Jamie McCrimmon, one of the Second Doctor's companions, from Doctor Who.

Can one have a crush on an semi-living object? I know it's kinda weird but I've always had a major squish on the TARDIS. :blush:

David Duchovny has never appealed to me, but Fox Mulder from X-Files? Yep.

Duncan McLeod from Highlander: The Series; also Methos, Hugh Fitzcairn, and Joe Dawson.

Nick Knight from Forever Knight.

... Hmmm... I see a '90s trend here .... ^_^

I crush on fictional characters from video games a lot! Right now I'm kind of crushing on Hibiki Kuze from Devil Survivor :lol: he is just so adorable. I also tend to find a lot of other video game guys to be really cute. I think Jin and Hazama from BlazBlue are pretty cute (though their personalities are a big turnoff XP) and I think Ky and Bridget (crossdressing boy) from Guilty Gear to be pretty good looking too. I found Ken Amada from Persona 3 to pretty adorable since he's a cute little boy but when he reappeared in the Persona fighting game as a teenager... PUBERTY DID HIM WELL and I crushed on him for a period of time. As for other Persona characters, I do think the protagonist of Persona 3 and Teddie (human form) from Persona 4 are good looking too.

As for females, I do fanboy over a few too but it was mainly because of their personalities and not so much their looks. For example, Elizabeth from Persona 3 has the most entertaining dialogue a fictional character could have but her looks are eh... not my type. I still get excited whenever she shows up though. Airi from Devil Survivor is pretty cute I admit and I remember when I played Suikoden II and I met Millie, I really wanted to recruit her so bad because she was so cute. Now that I think about it, I used to really like the female characters when I was younger but nowadays I find myself leaning towards the males. Weird...

but of course I only find my crushes aesthetically pleasing. I don't really like any sexual fanservice of them that much and I don't really want to see any of my fetishes acted out on them.

Pen Given Ink

<_< I've a thing for Kaiden Alenko.

Got absolutely flustered by Ginny Weasley. :wub:

To the point just looking at basic pictures of the actress portraying her was too intense. (I don't know..too much adrenaline).

Omg I have the BIGGEST crushes on Saya Takagi fro Highschool of the Dead and Trunks from Dragonball Z. I also used to majorly crush on Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club but it's been a while since I've seen that anime and while he does make me swoon, I no longer stubbornly hold onto his character and hiss at people who pair him off.

I should point out that I absolutely love many characters but refuse to pair off the ones I crush on because they're MINE. *hiss*

Harry Osborn from The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Tom Hanniger from My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Sam Winchester & Lucifer from Supernatural

Mark & Luke Gray from The Following

And like 70 anime characters

Oh man. When I was younger I had a number of crushes on cartoon characters.

Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet
Tarzan (probably)
Night Crawler (cartoon) from XMen.

also ... Goofy (the dog's) son Max in an Extremely Goofy Movie?

And (I'm not sure if it's okay to say this because he is definitely a little boy but)
I always kind of had a crush on Peter Pan.

(My crushes are not limited to fictional characters. But I've had my fair share.)

I have never had a crush on a fictional character as since they don't exist it would be pointless. But I can identify with certain fictional characters because of their similarities to me, examples being 'Jo' from 'Little Women' because she spoke her mind and thought like a man (as do I) and 'Lisa Simpson' from 'The Simpsons' as she is a jazz loving vegetarian intellectual (as am I).

The first two were from when I was a kid. Not sure I would call these actual crushes, because they were never serious/I didn't actually want to date them. But with that disclaimer:

Walter Blythe from the books "Anne of Ingleside," "Rainbow Valley," and "Rilla of Ingleside."

Bernard from "The Santa Clause"

Both Jadzia Dax and Dr. Julian Bashir from the show "Deep Space 9"

Han Solo

And then I have a huge squish on Topher Brink from the show "Dollhouse."

SnowCrystalGirl

I crush on fictional characters from video games a lot! Right now I'm kind of crushing on Hibiki Kuze from Devil Survivor :lol: he is just so adorable. I also tend to find a lot of other video game guys to be really cute. I think Jin and Hazama from BlazBlue are pretty cute (though their personalities are a big turnoff XP) and I think Ky and Bridget (crossdressing boy) from Guilty Gear to be pretty good looking too. I found Ken Amada from Persona 3 to pretty adorable since he's a cute little boy but when he reappeared in the Persona fighting game as a teenager... PUBERTY DID HIM WELL and I crushed on him for a period of time. As for other Persona characters, I do think the protagonist of Persona 3 and Teddie (human form) from Persona 4 are good looking too. .

*resounding "yaaasss" in the distance because I like Jin, too!!*

SnowCrystalGirl

I've got too many to list, honestly, and I wouldn't know how to stop myself if I started...

One that springs to mind immediately is Add from Elsword. True, his personality is not the greatest, but I just admire the mess out of him for going after his goals and not regretting any of it. My conscience is so heavy, I couldn't hope to be half as cool as him, even in a fantasy world. (Also, his Mastermind class gives me shivers.)

This isn't so much a crush as more admiration, but Ami from Sailor Moon is very special to me. I relate to her really well (we're both good students who don't connect with people very well), and I love how she comes more and more out of her shell over the course of the series. For me, she's a calming character, and the fact that she doesn't lose that presence makes me love her even more. :wub:

Purnkin Spurce

I pretty much still have a crush on Kalona and his son from House of Night series. I'm homoromantic but for some reason I've always "fancied" male fictional characters.

More people answered to this than I thought they would haha But to a couple of responses:

Can one have a crush on an semi-living object? I know it's kinda weird but I've always had a major squish on the TARDIS. :blush:

Actually, yes indeed! There's such a thing as "object sexuality," which is just a real sexuality as our own, where one could be sexually attracted to, say, their laundry hamper, so of course there's the romantic bit about this, too. Here's a list of some people who fell in love with inanimate objects. :)

Sirius Black. I just love him so much!

Girl, preach! XD I love Sirius too haha I don't have a crush on him anymore and now I actually prefer Lupin, but Sirius is still one of my favorite characters of all time.

I really like CUL ( she is a vocaloid voicebank), since she only has very few character information my image of her is mostly based on the songs with her as well as thoughts which come to my mind when looking at her character design. Also I really like her voice (considering the voice is the main thing which I am attracted to, this is probably the cause of my feelings). I think you could say I love her in some way though it's not really fitting anywhere with romantic, friendship or family love. (For those who read my post in the welcome lounge she is the character I talked about)

Well aside from that I often have squishes on characters in the animes I watch or books I read.

NotGojoSatoru

Dean Winchester, Castiel and Michael from Supernatural

Lord Sesshomaru from Inu Yasha.

Oliver Queen from Flash

I have had so many I don't think I could list them all here, it's a ridiculous number.

Some of the main (rather long term) crushes were a lot of Johnny Depp's characters from Edward Scissorhands to Sweeney Todd, Heath Ledger as the Joker, Carlisle Cullen, Elrond, Severus Snape, Lord Voldemort, A few vampires and my current Prince Nuada Silverlance, oh my word if he were real!...*fans self* :wub:

I'm trying to find some kind of link between them all, some kind of trait that seems to make me like them, that isn't the fact they are all fictional :lol:

I tend to fall for one character and then become attracted to the actor, but prefer them as a fictional character (I feel strange and not good if I think about real people, it feels so wrong to think of someone in a romantic or sexual way without their consent or reciprocated feelings)

I did not know there was a term for this... but "fictoromantic" fits me perfectly! There are two characters (canonically in love with each other) whom I think about every day. I explore their relationship, I create fantasies or stories involving them, etc. I have never fallen in love with any other characters to this extent. These two have been a significant part of my life for about six years now.

Currently squishing on Sherlock. I just love the guy. We'd be great platonic partners :D I also had a squish for Captain Jack Sparrow when I was a teenager. He makes me smile.

Castiel and Captain Jack Harkness. And of course can't forget my first ever and still fictional love Kovu.

Egon from Ghostbusters, Doc Brown from Back to the Future, both Sherlock and Watson from Sherlock, Alcede and Eric from True Blood, Obi Wan Kenobi from Star Wars, Arthur Dent from Hitchhikers Guide

Oh gosh, this is a terrible question.

Lestat, Armand, and Marius from the Vampire Chronicals

Johnny Rayflow and Chris Krishund from Vassalord

Eric Northman from The Southern Vampire Mystery (book version of TruBlood... but a gotta admit Alexander Skarsgard does him good)

Lothaire Daciano from Immortals after dark

I have a small obsession with vampires...

Then Basically any character I make in my own stories that I write.

Sirius and lupin from Harry Potter (I also ship them pretty hard)

Pretty much all the main male characters in Tamora Pierce's Tortall books, including: George, Numair, Neal, and Raoul

I did not know there was a term for this... but "fictoromantic" fits me perfectly! There are two characters (canonically in love with each other) whom I think about every day. I explore their relationship, I create fantasies or stories involving them, etc. I have never fallen in love with any other characters to this extent. These two have been a significant part of my life for about six years now.

Well, I'm glad that this post has helped you find a particular word that fits you pretty well! :D

Sirius and lupin from Harry Potter (I also ship them pretty hard)

I do the same. They're wonderful together. <3

Pen Given Ink

>_> Okay okay, so I've got more than a thing for Kaiden Alenko from Mass Effect. Alistair from Dragon Age, Altair from Assassins Creed, Alex Shepherd from Silent Hill Homecoming, Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, Sky from Jade Empire, Miles Edgeworth from Phoenix Wright, Raziel from the Legacy of Kain ( and the other games ), Anders from Dragon Age Awakening, Irrylath from The Darkangel Trilogy, Mamoru and Helios from the Sailor Moon Manga... *Coughs.* Haha... But Kaiden's my favorite favorite.

I've never had a crush or anything on her, but Samantha Carter from Stargate. She's such a hottie.

• 1 month later...
PinkEagleSoaring86

Axel from Organization XIII from the Kingdom Hearts series! (Yes, it's true lol.) He's like just so cool and caring and mysterious lol and I love his accent!

.diva plavalaguna.

Omg. I have had tons of crushes over the years on fictional characters. Tons.

Agreeing with some from this thread: Lestat, Marius, Severus Snape, Tom Riddle before he got fugly (no offense Voldy ur cool lmao), Prince Nuada YASSS, Sesshoumaru, Nightcrawler (movie).

Others of note: Fiore/i from Sailor Moon, Saint Dane and Uncle Press from Pendragon (not the medievaly story), Ganondorf, Naraku, Suikotsu, Jakotsu, that one demon guy from Inuyasha I can't remember his name (lol that really helps right??), Gus from Breaking Bad, Ed & Roy from Fullmetal Alchemist; Orochimaru (don't ask lmao), Light/Kira, L and that delete guy from Death Note, etc etc this list is getting long lol

But I have one true love, and that is Gaara. If I could choose to live in his world, I would do it in a heartbeat just for the chance of meeting him. Crush would so not even remotely cover my feelings for this guy (commence waterworks lol). I literally cannot with myself...

Archived