Wouldn't it be amazing to live in a communal mansion of polyamorous asexuals?

Georgetown

Wouldn't it be great if a bunch of asexuals got together and lived in a mansion and all were in one huge family-like group best friendship? Man, that'd be my dream.

littlepersonparadox

it'd certainly be something! That would be a fun thing to do for a reality tv show. House of ace's

Stained Glass

I would love that XD cuddles galore for the ones who don't mind it

I would like to live with people that I like and want to live with. Just having one thing in common does not equal we'll get along.

I'm not into the whole polyarmorous thing, but yeah that sort of community would be nice. Asexuality aside, personalities would have to mesh though and that's hard enough to find as is (as far as living together goes).

Oh man I have OCD something terrible. And it's not the neat freak kind...it's the micromanaging, super compulsive shit that will not let you do anything else (eg getting stuck in the mirror picking your skin-I know I know...)

I am a pedant and would certainly bore the hell outta many.

I just know already people can't stand living with someone like me

Being in a big house with a a bunch of caring and friendly people would be great actually. As long as the introverts always have their space to sneak away to. And as long as people don't mind a mess in the kitchen.

Sage Raven Domino

it'd certainly be something! That would be a fun thing to do for a reality tv show. House of ace's

I can't do without mentioning my 'analysis' of such a reality show. 'The house' should be set up with caution and no pressure to like all the cohabitants, otherwise quarrels might detonate it.

Just to clarify, when I say "polyamorous", I don't necessarily mean group "romance". It could be that for some people, but as I perceive things, it'd be more like living with a bunch of close loving siblings.

I've lived in group situations before. So long as no one is (too) crazy and there is enough space for everyone to keep their own mess in their own rooms, it can be wonderful, and you do get very close to people living with them every day.

Of course, a cleaning person would be a must. Or I suppose some people would "work" for their rent ^_^ .

Imagine awesome asexual parties with lots of booze for those who partake! People getting drunk and further revealing their lack of sexual desire for their roommates lolz.

I'll pass.

I'll go for the small cabin in the woods with a monogamous asexual partner though. That'd do it for me. Mansions, lots of people and communes really aren't my thing..

As a "poly" ace, I approve of this message. It sounds so much better than the average household. Too bad I can be quite the isolationist...and me not standing a massive crowd of people. That's going to drain me.

I wouldn't be able to handle living with so many people, but it would be awesome having a place like that to hang out when ordinary life gets to be too stressful. :) We could fill a room with pillows and have a cuddle pile! And have photos of cakes and castles hanging on the walls.

I wouldn't be able to handle living with so many people, but it would be awesome having a place like that to hang out when ordinary life gets to be too stressful. :) We could fill a room with pillows and have a cuddle pile! And have photos of cakes and castles hanging on the walls.

That sounds great. What about stuffed animals, though?

10733884_10152487343693510_8879394377115

Oh, of course. We would need a mountain of plushies in the center of the room.

Sage Raven Domino

Imagine awesome asexual parties with lots of booze for those who partake! People getting drunk and further revealing their lack of sexual desire for their roommates lolz.

Oh dear, I don't lack horniness :( But otoh, I lack directed sexual desire and I'm teetotal 8)

Yeah, libido will be an issue for me too. I'd need to be in my room when it happens so I can dispatch it. But, hey, at least sexual attraction/desire are not wired into my system, so that's good.

Dibs on the room at the top of the tower.

Notte stellata

I've had this fantasy too, but like several people above, I don't want to actually live with so many people. It would be much better to live in the same building or community but in separate units, with some public space for people to hang out. And I don't care if everyone is asexual, because similar relationship styles is far more important than sexual orientation to me (also, my husband isn't asexual). As long as everyone is respectful, there's no problem. I imagine there would be a big intimate network and a lot of open sharing of affection. :wub:

Eh, I live with houseplants. Good enough for me.

10733884_10152487343693510_8879394377115

That stuffed dog (or whatever the smaller one is) looks like the happiest thing in the world

My introversion screams NOOOOOOOO to this idea.

This sounds horrible!

I'd hate being polyamorous with more than two people, so dating more than 2 people would probably kill me. So I'm good with monogamy.

I also don't like being around others too much as well, so more than 3 roommates/apartmentmates would also drive me up the wall.

So it isn't a good idea for me personally. I'd rather just pair off with my bf and live normally. : )

I'd like to live in a community-type setting with other people. I really miss my college years when I lived on campus and most of my friends lived on the same hall as me or within walking distance.

I love this idea. Not the polyamorous part, because I'm not very romantic in general. But I've often thought my ideal living situation would be somewhat like dorms in college, surrounded by friends. Actually, I once lived in a massive house with ten bedrooms, two kitchens, three and a half bathrooms, and a living room. I was good friends with most of the people in the house, and we hung out together a lot, but we each had our own room. It was the most amazing thing ever.

Theoretically, this sounds like the best thing ever. However, if one considers practicality, it will be too much to handle. Just consider your family, who you love to bits, but yet the differences annoying you... Multiply that with the number of people in the commune... That'd be too exhausting. Living with another asexual is the best way for me... Not the whole community with each individuals having different ideology...

This sounds horrible!

I'd hate being polyamorous with more than two people, so dating more than 2 people would probably kill me. So I'm good with monogamy.

I also don't like being around others too much as well, so more than 3 roommates/apartmentmates would also drive me up the wall.

So it isn't a good idea for me personally. I'd rather just pair off with my bf and live normally. : )

You want to be normal :mellow: ? Okay... lol, just kidding.

I would like to live with people that I like and want to live with. Just having one thing in common does not equal we'll get along.

I'm assuming this would be a setup of young hip asexuals from similar socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.

Sage Raven Domino

Theoretically, this sounds like the best thing ever. However, if one considers practicality, it will be too much to handle. Just consider your family, who you love to bits, but yet the differences annoying you... Multiply that with the number of people in the commune... That'd be too exhausting. Living with another asexual is the best way for me... Not the whole community with each individuals having different ideology...

It's hard to find one single asexual who you'd be glad to be with 100% of the time; in the poly setting, if some friend temporarily annoys you, you can get closer to another friend, rinse and repeat. Perhaps no single person on the earth can fulfill your needs because all people are unique and there are no 100% matches, only 60/70/80% ones; when you combine several people (and they use only the parts of you that they need), you can get up to 100% 'collective match'.

Archived