Breaking the Ice

Redkale

I've recently connected with an old family friend and we started hanging out more and more. We've cuddled watching Netflix and seem to really connect with each other. The problem is that he is sexual (most likely VERY sexual) and I'm not (grey-ish asexual). It's gotten to the point where I need to tell him very soon because if I wait any longer I just feel cruel. I don't want to inadvertently lead him on.

How do I bring this up in a way that a sexual person can understand? What is the best way to approach this situation?

I'm not in the "closet" or anything, but I usually tell people when they ask about me and my relationships. I will answer people straight up when I'm given the opportunity to explain but this time it feels different because the conversation hasn't come up yet as we both know we are single and we have so much other stuff to talk about!

I say be upfront and honest when directing the conversation to this matter. If he doesn't like it, then that's too bad. It's best to be yourself when discussing yourself, so that way no miscommunications can be made. I hope it goes well for you.

I would be upfront and honest. If someone seems interested in you but you are interested in them in that way, tell them in an honest but gentle way. If they get offended and don't want to be your friend anymore, they weren't much of a friend to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...
ozzythefabulous

I'd just straight up tell him and then answer any questions he's got and how that would effect your relationship. If he takes it badly then it's his loss, hopefully he'll understand

Archived