Who here hates dating sexuals?

Georgetown

cuzicouldyay

I'm personally such a nervous person and pretty sex-terrified that anytime I'm trying to get close to a sexual person I get too caught up in the worry to actually get close. I keep getting into the 'what's the point if it's a deal-breaker?' mindset. And even if it's not a deal-breaker for the sexual partner to abstain, who am I to insist they live their life that way instead?

It's all vicious circles and confused scribbles in my head, so trying to date aces sounds peachy. Haven't done so yet, though.

Well, I been out with female friends to have lunch or dinner, or just to talk. I don't consider them dates. I honestly never felt any pressure from female sexuals because they're not pushing it and neither am I.

I have just come to the conclusion that I hate dating. There I said it and it feels great. Glad to see I am not alone. Dates are pointless and seem to forced. If someone want to get to know me, going on a date is the worse way. I would much rather just hang out with the person or go do something simple and fun, but don't think of it as a date and please don't call it one. DATING SUCKS!

I'm currently with an allosexual, and while it's personally very hard to get around the obvious barriers and miscommunications, I think we're doing a pretty good job so far.

If this doesn't pan out, would I date another? I don't know. I genuinely believe I got incredibly lucky with my partner and I don't know if I would risk dating sexuals who might not be as open-minded and accepting as he is.

Would I date an asexual? Potentially, but there's no one in my area that I know it. It's a hard-knock life.

CuddlingCaleb

The truth is, the fact that they're "sexual" tells you close to nothing about how they're going to treat you and interact with you.

^This. My partner is sexual. He's treated me with more love, honesty, and respect than any of the asexuals who have pursued me in my years involved with the asexual community.

So, no, I do not hate dating sexuals. I hate dating self-important assholes who feel that they are entitled to me, my time, or my body no matter what their sexuality. It just so happens that I've encountered more of that type of person among asexuals than I have sexuals.

Apparently something about being part of a minority and a limited population makes certain men think I owe it to them to "give them a shot".

I noticed this and it may not be my place because I'm not an ace myself, my girlfriend is. As a so called sexual before I knew my gf was an asexual I did kiss her a lot, and I figured that's what she wanted because that is what media today says she does. Since she told me I kiss her a lot less, more to add to cuddling and all the stuff we do together.

I guess what I'm trying to say is all sexual aren't the same. Some are sex absorbed pains but the good ones are willing to.. Um.. Compromise. That's the word.

Telling a sexual your connected to can really help. I was kind of relieved to find out my darling was an ace. I know she doesn't care about me for my body but for me.

I never dated a sexual but know for a fact I wouldn't waste my time on those kinds of people. As harsh as it may sound but I don't want to please them sexually so I admirer the aces that can do that because I couldn't be in a sexual relationship. It would be a chore to me the whole time but best of luck for those who can stand to be with them 😀

I've pretty much made up my mind that I'll never be dating another sexual in my life.

So, right there with you, m80.

ThePaperRose

I really dislike the modern dating culture. As many people have said, I feel like people use it as a means to an end, that end being sex.

I would much rather build up a friendship with someone and then work our way into a "more-than-friends" relationship.

I have dated a sexual person before, but I'm not sure I could do it again. For one thing, I don't know how much I'd be willing to compromise in terms of sex, and that would mean a constant pressure of "I can't give this person what they need to be happy" which is very depressing. I'm sure that I *could* date another sexual person and maybe even enjoy it for awhile, but I'm just not sure it would be worth it in the long run.

I was kind of relieved to find out my darling was an ace. I know she doesn't care about me for my body but for me.

Hm, asexuality doesn't in itself imply that they don't care about your body. In fact some asexuals care greatly about physical appearance when it comes to who they fall in love with. Some also greatly enjoy kissing. What you describe sounds more like signs of her being aromantic.

I never dated a sexual but know for a fact I wouldn't waste my time on those kinds of people. As harsh as it may sound but I don't want to please them sexually so I admirer the aces that can do that because I couldn't be in a sexual relationship. It would be a chore to me the whole time but best of luck for those who can stand to be with them

... huh?

Archived