Songs you didn't realize were about sex?

Lizzytreble13

I just assume every song is about sex, tbh... xD

"Tea Party" by Kerli. I looked it up on songmeanings.net and according to that, just about every line is a sexual innuendo. I really wish it was just a cool song about having a tea party. :( "Here and Now" is another one of hers that I think is actually about sex, but at least you can tell that one is about a relationship in the first place, and not something totally random like a tea party.

A lot of songs by P!nk--for those it was more of not really listening to the lyrics 100%, vs. misunderstanding the content. "U and Ur Hand," "Oh My God," and "The Last to Know" (the "put my heels in the air" line). Also, so much of Lady Gaga's music. It sounds cool until I pay attention to the lyrics. :(

I found it funny that elsewhere in this thread people have mentioned The Four Seasons' "Oh What a Night." I first heard that in the musical Jersey Boys, where they make it QUITE CLEAR what it's about! (The scene where Bobby has sex for the first time--however, in the movie version they actually use "Walk Like a Man" instead, and put "Oh What a Night" in the credits instead.)

I really wish there weren't so many songs about sex. :( Someone needs to take these songs and put better lyrics to them! (Calling Weird Al...we need you to do like 10 more albums and rescue our ears from the sex songs!)

littlepersonparadox

I tend to not shy away from songs being sexual. So long as it's good and it's not too oppressive i'll still listen to it. Also All my life is about sex???? I just asummed it was about living the high life and drinking and taking shots and not liking the taste of alcohol but liking the influence it has. My sweet sweet semi-naive brain.

Also I runned a nightcore song for steph. We were talking about this thread and i brought up the following song and they didn't even hear the line "This sexual desire were gonna start a fire" I even told them it was a non-ace song when I first sent it to them.

Also have you ever looked up the lyrics to "Baby it's cold outside" creepy and sexual in a not good way.

I've listened to most of the songs mentioned in this thread, and although I agree that many of them are about sex, it still seems to me that many of the ones that on the surface are about dancing, are actually about dancing eg Rhythm is Gonna Get You, Do The Hustle, Come Dancing

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, "December 1963 (Oh, What a Night)"

This song is about Frankie losing his virginity. I always thought he just went out and found a lady to dance with (I guess he did).

What? I thought "Oh, What a Night" was about falling in love/getting a crush for the first time! And "Relax" was just about being under pressure and wanting to give up... :wacko:

"As I recall it ended much too soon..."

NotGojoSatoru

So apparently "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams is about a summer with a lot of sex. I did not know about this until senior year of high school because some friends at the time pointed it out. I'm still kind of skeptical about it though. I like to think that it is still about a guy who had a fun summer and his little innocent love life.

Till I read this, I thought that it was about a guy who had fun summer with his friends...

:blink:

My friend once told me that Right Round by Flo Rida is about sex... felt too weird about that song later on... :wacko:

Parabol by TOOL. Always liked the song, but never really studied the lyrics. Turns out the song is about the moment after orgasm when two lovers are intertwined.

Not sure, if it's here already but Voulez-vous by Abba. :D

Erk. Really? I keep meaning to look it up ... Then, again I was listening their song 'Dum-Dum Diddle' and had a realization about the meaning of the song ... >sigh<

Not sure, if it's here already but Voulez-vous by Abba. :D

Erk. Really? I keep meaning to look it up ... Then, again I was listening their song 'Dum-Dum Diddle' and had a realization about the meaning of the song ... >sigh<

Yes, really... I think I was already in high school when I realized it wasn't about dancing. ^^' I think I was humming the "We've done it all before and now we're back to get some more. You know what I mean..." -part to myself when I had this mind-blowing realization.

I don't remember that other song, but if I happen to hear it I'll probably remember that. :D

Foo Fighters,

It's about going down on a woman. I just found this out. Uggggghhh.

yeah , I wa. Gonna say that , but never the less I still listen to it and I just put my own interpratation on it , I use it as a motivation song , (without thing about the naughty parts !!)

You all have ruin a lot of songs for me.

I guess this is why I listen to classical music. No words to misinterpret.

I am a Simon and Garfunkel fan. And I had liked "Cecelia" just because it had a good beat to it. But when I actually listened to the words, I was no longer a fan of that particular song. Probably my least favorite Simon and Garfunkel song. :wacko:

I've come to the point in my life where I assume most songs I hear are about something suggestive.

I don't really care though. My brain doesn't seem to really register the 'oh so very deep meaning' of the songs. :P

"Tea Party" by Kerli. I looked it up on songmeanings.net and according to that, just about every line is a sexual innuendo. I really wish it was just a cool song about having a tea party. :(.

Woah, woah, woah.....wait a sec. Tea Party is.....? I thought it was about a uninvited person coming to her tea party but she was nice so she let them stay.

I'm being serious. I feel stupid now. ^^;

genderirrelevant

Also that one song by David Bowie.

Do you mean "Velvet Goldmine"? Definitely.

Raunchy sex songs are a guilty pleasure of mine because it's so completely not me. Nickelback is hilarious. Gunther too.

No, I probably meant "Suffragette City." But yes, that other one, too.

Wait......turning Japanese is about sex????? No no no!

Parabol by TOOL. Always liked the song, but never really studied the lyrics. Turns out the song is about the moment after orgasm when two lovers are intertwined.

are you... serious?? xD that... somehow makes the song ten times awesomer xD

Wait......turning Japanese is about sex????? No no no!

this, on the other hand, is disappointing xD

"Let's Talk About Sex", by Salt N Pepa.

Apparently they're not talking about their friend who has a nickname.

This may or may not be true

are you... serious?? xD that... somehow makes the song ten times awesomer xD

So familiar and overwhelmingly warm

This one, this form I hold now.

Embracing you, this reality here,

This one, this form I hold now, so

Wide eyed and hopeful.

Wide eyed and hopefully wild.

We barely remember what came before this precious moment,

Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...

This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in

This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Yep, totally about sex, or at least the post-coitus moment. I agree though, the song is far more awesome.

Dodecahedron314

Suffragette City? Wait, what? How does that even work...no, never mind, don't tell me, I've seen far too many people's favorite songs getting ruined by this thread already.

I am so glad that I am not the only one.

Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant

Come Dancing - The Kinks

While not about sex, I also didn't know Queen's "You're my Best Friend" song was about a romantic relationship. I always thought it was about friendship.

Suffragette City? Wait, what? How does that even work...no, never mind, don't tell me, I've seen far too many people's favorite songs getting ruined by this thread already

Wait?!? What Suffragette City is about sex?!?!

The one that comes straight to my mind is 'Strawberry Wine' by Deana Carter. xP

I thought it was just about a girl and a guy walking together during nights, and talking and falling in love. (and 'loss of my innocence' meaning that her heart was broken. :o)

Dodecahedron314

I am so glad that I am not the only one.

Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant

Come Dancing - The Kinks

While not about sex, I also didn't know Queen's "You're my Best Friend" song was about a romantic relationship. I always thought it was about friendship.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up. Goody Two Shoes? You mean to tell me that one of my favorite Adam Ant songs is....what??? No. That doesn't make sense. I refuse. How even...what...but...gah, sometimes I wish I'd never found this thread.

If it makes you feel any better, though, You're My Best Friend is on a lot of aro/ace playlists as being about a QP type relationship.

Suffragette City? Wait, what? How does that even work...no, never mind, don't tell me, I've seen far too many people's favorite songs getting ruined by this thread already.

awwwwWWWW WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM!

Dodecahedron314

awwwwWWWW WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM!

...That wasn't just included for the sake of internal rhyme, onomatopoeia, and general rock lyric nonsense? :-/

Archived