Tiny mentions that don't deserve their own thread (2015 version)

ithaca

Autumn Season

Sirens 2014 (TV show)

S1 E6 & S2 E6

What happens in S2 E6?

In S2 E6 in the beginning the character who was in love with the asexual talks about how the break up hurts even though he knows that she will not have sex with other men.

Sirens 2014 (TV show)

S1 E6 & S2 E6

What happens in S2 E6?

In S2 E6 in the beginning the character who was in love with the asexual talks about how the break up hurts even though he knows that she will not have sex with other men.

Who broke up with who and what were the reasons for the breakup? I'm really curious to know how they portrayed that. I'd watch the episode, however, I currently don't have access to it.

Autumn Season

Sirens 2014 (TV show)

S1 E6 & S2 E6

What happens in S2 E6?

Who broke up with who and what were the reasons for the breakup? I'm really curious to know how they portrayed that. I'd watch the episode, however, I currently don't have access to it.

I actually only watched these two episodes. So not sure what happens in between. But I gathered this much: The ace lady met another ace online and broke up with the hetero gentleman. Not sure if this was the only reason though. In any case they seem to have parted on friendly terms.

When ace and hetero were still dating (or hanging out together, I would rather call it), it didn't look like she was in love with him. He was the one who insisted that the two of them should try being together. So maybe she was never very much interested in him in the first place.

Craigieburn woman’s work with asexual community recognised in Premier’s Volunteer Champions Awards

12/10/2015

Herald Sun

IT WAS during her teenage years that Emily Gornalle realised there was an
actual word to describe what she couldn’t feel.
The Craigieburn woman, 23, is asexual, a term to identify those who don’t experience sexual feelings or desires.

I was at our local queer ladies bar last night, and there was a nonbinary person handing out stickers, talking about how bars etc should have NB bathrooms, talking about the safety and importance of it cause some women there didn't understand? And I was so fucking HAPPY. I was so proud of them for taking that step and educate others about it. I can imagine it must've been quite scary but it went very well. It was a good moment! :3 Everyone was very respectful and willing to listen. Which isn't always the case with wlw really.

The Amazing Atheist mentioned asexuality. Well, he only said the word. Still, that's something!

Whether or not you agree with the way it was mentioned will vary greatly and is beside the point.

Archived