Could this person be Ace - and a potential cuddle buddy?

The Maple Leaf Forever

The Maple Leaf Forever

Most Tuesdays this year, I have gone to a weekly meetup that I use to network for my business and deal with customers. This Tuesday, I spoke to an incidental customer and most of what we discussed was social in nature as the business part was taken care of quickly. She started showing pictures from this city's last Pride Parade, in which she had participated, and I asked if she was gay, to which she replied that she wasn't, she liked guys but apparently didn't spend too much time looking for a relationship. Then she asked me if she gave off any vibes that she was gay. I told her she didn't, I had just asked because of her participation in the parade (what I didn't tell her was that I would rather say she gave off Ace vibes). She then said that her family thought she was gay because she wasn't bringing anyone home, and in her family, people tended to settle down early. It made me wonder if she couldn't in fact be Ace. Before I continue with what happened the other night, I will mention that while for different reasons, this person would probably not interest me for a long-term relationship, I find the idea of her being a casual cuddle buddy quite attractive. Anyway, I left the pub together with her, referred to her comments about her family thinking she was gay, and said my family had suspected the same about me, and used that point to explain that I did like girls but was an asexual and was not interested in doing you know what with them. Then I waited for her reaction, which was quite positive and understanding. I briefly told her about asexual symbols (the ring, the flag), and that I hoped to find an asexual partner long-distance in Canada pending my planned eventual return there. Without specifying her sexual orientation, she said that she was signed up on a dating website but that she rarely saw men and was satisfied with such a lifestyle.

What do you think? Could this person actually be Ace too? And do you think it would be worthwhile trying to make advances on her as someone who I could spend some time with the ultimate goal of casually cuddling and kissing? And if so, suggestions on the next step?

She sounds like a great candidate! She could be ace. Yes, I think it would be worthwhile trying to make advances on her. Sounds like the next step is to either come out to her, or tell her that you're looking for a cuddling/kissing buddy. I mean, that's what i'd do. But i'm not sure. I have no experience in this sort of thing. *blushes*

But that's what i'd probably do.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's go slowly here. First, find out if's she's ace. Second of all, see if she likes that sort of stuff with women. No need to go too fast, at least in my opinion.

She could be ace, or she could be demiromantic, and if she's demi you might have to establish more of a relationship before cuddling. In either case should you get to know her more, SURE! Just get to know her, don't try to jump her couch cushion. ^.~

The Maple Leaf Forever

Let's go slowly here. First, find out if's she's ace. Second of all, see if she likes that sort of stuff with women. No need to go too fast, at least in my opinion.

Sure but just to point out, I am not a woman.

You're over thinking it. Talk to her and get to know her. Anything else may or may not develop.