Hi everyone

Awkward Scientist

Awkward Scientist

Hello,

I'm a 24 year old student. I've been debating about whether to do this for a while now, but didn't know if I was justified to do so. I've never had sex- I got with a guy once to see what the fuss was about and I'm still wondering. It just felt completely pointless and not enjoyable. And that's it. I wondered whether it was just a bad kiss, whether I could be gay (as my name suggests, I play rugby, so it's hardly a new concept) but then I realised that I just absolutely no desire to get with/sleep with anybody, male or female, so here I am.

I'm pretty sure I'm not aromatic and I'd quite like to be in a relationship and see what happens. I don't know where I am on the asexual spectrum- whether I'd be demisexual, or whether I'd continue to be indifferent, even in a relationship. Or is it one of those things where you can either know you are or know you aren't?

Anyway, here I am, hopefully I'll find some answers and learn more about myself. I don't think I know anybody like myself in real life (though who really knows?)

Hobbies: rugby- I watch and play. I'm a bit of a science geek. I quite enjoy playing computer games (though I'm by no means a gamer in the sense that I only play occasionally) and like a bit of Pokemon (the games, I don't follow the anime or manga).

Sorry for the long post and I hope it was the right sort of thing for this forum :)

Allo, you're sure to find like-minded people here, if not out there in the big bad world.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: So glad you joined and introduced yourself. : )) This is a really awesome community. Tons of great people and helpful information everywhere! You'll certainly be on your way to learning more about yourself, and we're happy to help. Best wishes!

recipe-image-legacy-id--364199_12.jpg

Hi and welcome! Your intro was great and definitely in the right place. I hope you love being a member here (there are others who are still figuring out where they are in the spectrum like you). Happy posting and friend making!!! :)

s7XiCwB.jpg?1

Hello and welcome to AVEN! :cake: :cake:

Some people know their sexuality immediately, but others need some time to figure it out, so don't worry that you aren't completely sure of yourself yet. You've come to the right place though, as AVEN is a great place to learn and discover yourself. Hopefully being a member here will help you gain more confidence and acceptance of yourself and your identity :)

Archived