Yeah, so...

nika71

So I kind of disappeared from here for a while. I think there was a part of me that just wanted to try to hide it completely. Apparently that's not working. I got into a conversation with a friend of mine on-campus a few days ago and we somehow got on the topic of relationships. I said I wasn't really interested and as we talked she finally just said, "So you're Ace?". I guess I must have looked alarmed because she immediately said that was cool, she knows it exists, and so forth. She turned out to be really supportive. I think others though are noticing it, and I am starting to come to terms with it. I need to somehow accept this piece of me, so I'm back :)

Maroshka H'ghar

Welcome back! I hope you like AVEN as much as I do. It has helped me grow a lot, accept my sexuality, and become very proud, comfortable, and happy about being Ace and part of the Asexual community!

Please read a lot of threads, post topics, and comment a lot, at first I was really shy about commenting, but it's really helpful to others and yourself too!

Deleted Person

I think it's natural to want to hide, but eventually you reach a point where you realise you're tired of pretending to be 'normal', and that actually, everyone kind of already guessed you were different anyway. It's great to find and talk to people who accept you for who you are. I hope being here will help and welcome back!

You don't have to be on AVEN if you're ace, but it is pretty nice if you are. Virtual cake is way easier to eat in vast quantities than real cake. Welcome back, person I've never met!

Archived