Formerly sexual

Has anyone else gone from being sexually active to asexual? I used to be (in hindsight) demisexual/greyasexual but my little interest in sex has slowly evaporated over the last few years. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes. I'm still not sure what I am.

I used to have a sex drive, enjoyed sex, and initiated sex (although reasons for initiating it were often unhealthy). Then it completely stopped. I haven't had a sex drive and haven't enjoyed sex in over five years. I think I may have felt sexually attracted to someone once for a short period (less than an afternoon) and it was only notable because it was the closest I came to feeling sexually attracted to anyone in over five years. I can't remember anymore if I ever did feel that way towards anyone.

Me. I was pretty confused growing up. I knew I was attracted to females, but it was never as strong as what my peers experienced. I figured I was a late bloomer or broken. I lived as a sexual person from 18 to 33 or 34, took a break, did some soul searching over the next couple of years, discovered what I felt all my life was in the realm of asexuality/demi-sexuality.

Asexual_In_Georgia

Has anyone else gone from being sexually active to asexual? I used to be (in hindsight) demisexual/greyasexual but my little interest in sex has slowly evaporated over the last few years. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes. I was sexually active for most of my life. Then I realized that I didn't really enjoy sex that much.

I was sexually active. I found it easier to sleep with men even though I had no emotional attachment and I didn't like the sex. I used the sex as just a release. I will never sleep with a guy again. I regret every time I did it and wish I could undue it all and be a virgin.

I found I was curious about sex from about 14 onwards but not curious enough to do anything about it. When I finally lost my virginity it seemed like an anti climax!

I found I was curious about sex from about 14 onwards but not curious enough to do anything about it. When I finally lost my virginity it seemed like an anti climax!

I had a similar reaction to the first tiem I had sex. I made a conscious decision to have sex when I was 18 and slept with the first willing female. At the end of it I was thinking to myself "this...THIS...is what everyone is so excited about? Big deal"

I had a similar reaction to the first tiem I had sex. I made a conscious decision to have sex when I was 18 and slept with the first willing female. At the end of it I was thinking to myself "this...THIS...is what everyone is so excited about? Big deal"

I'm glad I went through with it - it's good to try something out and find out it's not for you, rather than live with curiosity for ever!

I'm glad I went through with it - it's good to try something out and find out it's not for you, rather than live with curiosity for ever!

That's a positive way to look at it. In my case I wish I had never done it or had sex ever. I wasted a lot of prana on sex that I could have devoted to more fruitful pursuits. I'd also be a lot wealthier not having to pay for two divorces...LOL

That's a positive way to look at it. In my case I wish I had never done it or had sex ever. I wasted a lot of prana on sex that I could have devoted to more fruitful pursuits. I'd also be a lot wealthier not having to pay for two divorces...LOL

True, I'd have probably saved a fortune on therapy!

My heterosexual orientation died out on it own, so yes, I consider myself as a former sexual.

I'm not "formerly sexual" but I have to chime in on this one. (TMI WARNING AHEAD) I figured out masturbation when I was pretty young, and didn't realize for a while that it had anything to do with sex. When I figured out what orgasms were...and that I had experienced them...my reaction was "What?! That's what sex is supposed to feel like? Orgasms (for me) are not that fun/exciting/special. Well, sex sure seems awkward now, not the magical feel-good bonding experience I had hoped!" (I've never actually had sex with a partner though...too repulsed/phobic at this point.)