• I already have sexually reproduced a child
    • I don't want any children
    • Not sure if I want kids or not
    • Artificial insemination
  2. 2. Do you like kids?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Small children are so adorable. Sometimes I look at a baby and say to myself, "awh I want a baby!"

You all can comment and share your experiences on this post about having or wanting kids.

I don't think I'd be able to handle having children, since I barely manage getting by just taking care of myself. Haha. I do like kids, though. :)

I like kids once they get to the age where they can hold a halfway intelligent conversation. I'd like to skip the babbling baby stage, ergo I want to adopt.

verily-forsooth-egads

I have nothing against babies, but I personally do not enjoy interacting with them for long stretches of time. This is one of several reasons I have no intention of ever raising any of my own.

The Great WTF

I am most definitely not made to be a mother. I firmly believe that, in choosing to be a parent, your life is no longer your own and you owe it to your child to essentially exist for them until they're are capable of being self-sufficient. That is not something that I am capable of, thus I'm not going to be a parent.

Beyond that, I don't deal well with small, helpless things and, even if I didn't have a disease that made pregnancy potentially life-threatening, the idea of being pregnant is the single most repulsive thing that I can consider.

I love children, but that's a huge responsibility. I'm worried enough about taking care of myself. I don't need to be in charge of another human being's whole life.

Even though I am asexual I do want a kid someday. I don't mind kids. It is just one of those things I have always wanted. I feel I have a lot to pass onto another generation. I would care for my child and teach them about this crazy world we live in.

No thanks.

a-happyhippie

I don't want kids at all. I don't even plan on getting married, and plus, I have enough anxiety for myself; having a kid would just mean anxiety for a whole nother person. No thank you.

I like kids once they get to the age where they can hold a halfway intelligent conversation. I'd like to skip the babbling baby stage, ergo I want to adopt.

^^sounds like my thoughts on the matter (should I have kids)

I don't think that I will ever have a child through sexual intercourse as the population is high enough as it is. Depending on how well things go in the future, I would consider adoption.

I can't have them now (have had the menopause) but I never wanted them anyway.

I absolutely detest children.

WhenSummersGone

I'm not sure if I want kids or not, maybe. I like kids if they are cute and they aren't crying or screaming.

I do, but perhaps just one, or two maximum. I'm great with kids when I'm sober*, but I have concerns about how good a parent I could be in the long-run with regards to depression. If a severe episode of depression were to suddenly come crashing down on me for a couple of days, that would surely affect my ability to carry out my parental duties... Maybe having a kid to raise would force me to 'snap out of it' - or at least incite me to necessary action as opposed to the moping around I do now. On the other hand, it could make it worse... (PND, etc.). I just don't know. I'm competent with kids but I'd need a lot of help.

*When I say 'sober' I refer to a state of mental lucidity/calm & contented sanity. Nothing to do with alcohol.

Sleepy Skeleton

I'd love to adopt someday, as long as I'm mature enough to handle taking care of someone who's not me. That's not going to happen any time soon. I'd make a terrible mother in my current state.

But I am definitely sure that I will never have my own biological kids. I'm both afraid and kind of disgusted by pregnancy/motherhood. I know I sound immature but I just can't get over it. Babies... inside your stomach?! Breastfeeding?!?! Biology is weird. :lol:

I want a kid but through insemination. Not sure if that counts under "sexually"? It's not like I will have sex but the kid will grow inside me... Feels like its lacking an option for that.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Nope, I don't think that I really want kids. I've never been able to imagine myself as a mother and I don't particularly want to be one, but I guess my mind could change since I'm still pretty young (almost 21). So, if that does ever happen, I'd probably opt for adoption since the idea of actually being pregnant/giving birth is not something that I'm all that interested in.

I do like children and babies, and I especially like helping out with my little cousin who's a toddler. She's so adorable! :P But, I'm not someone who thinks "oh, yes, someday I really want to have that life" when seeing parents with their children. I think I'd rather be the cool but wacky aunt. :)

I never wanted children, and was 100% on that, but ended up with one anyway haha. I unexpectedly fell pregnant shortly after becoming involved with my current (sexual) partner.
I absolutely love her to pieces, and watching her grow and develop has really opened my eyes to just how amazing children are. I love children now. However, she hasn't suddenly switched on some part of me that wants babies - I still don't want any, aside from the one I already have.

Simple. I am profoundly allergic to brats. I don't feel comfortable around them, they are noisy, and leak objectionable products out of all orifices at inopportune momentso. Further it is safe to say that I have no intention of ever changing a nappy (daiper) in my life.

I'm never having kids and I don't like them. I've not got one bit of maternal instinct.

I doubt I will ever have a kid. I don't think I'd be a very good mother, and I don't particularly like kids until they're about 5 or so.

bittersweet988

No, I don't want kids. And I doubt I could have them even if I wanted to (I have PCOS, so I don't think I'd be able to get pregnant).

I already know enough about myself that I wouldn't make a good father.

Not good with kids, not even really a fan of them either.

I don't relate to them, I don't understand what kids are ever into since I haven't been one in some time.

Can't actually have a conversation with a child until they're....13?

I want children, plural. Two or three, I think. I can't really imagine having sex just to have a child, since I don't like having sex and there is a valid alternative - artificial insemination - available. Being pregnant doesn't scare me, and neither does giving birth, but that might have something to do with the fact that my Mum is a midwife.

I am pro-adoption, but I know through my work how incredibly challenging the legal hurdles can be, and also how difficult it can be for the families, especially when the child is older than a toddler (and most children in need of a family are, since most people want a small child). Hence. it seems more sensible to me to have children of my own and to donate to charities supporting children in need in order to help.

Oh, I also like children. In case that wasn't obvious...

Archived