Favorite genre of music

Asexual_In_Georgia

Asexual_In_Georgia

What kind of music does everyone like? I like mostly all genres from classical to metal. You can add favorite bands as well.

My favourite is metal, rock and classical. Particularly like Insomnium (metal band) at the moment.

a-happyhippie

I like basically anything but country. My favorite bands ever are American Author, FUN., and Fall Out Boy. I also like singers like Emilie Autumn. (:

Almost everything except rap.

My absolute all time favourite is probably symphonic metal. Gothic power metal band Krypteria is the absolute best and nobody will convince me otherwise. Also, I'm going to a Nightwish concert at the end of April.

When I'm not wanting to listen to the auditory caffeine that metal often is, though, I tend to go for Ludovico Einaudi.

I'm a metal head.

freewill-gray

Classic rock, instrumental metal :D (like apocalpytica) Everything is better with an orchestra!! \o/

I like everything.

I can honestly say I've never heard a song I didn't like.

Right now I'm really interested in songs in foreign languages. - If anyone wants to recommend any songs that's not in English I will probably love you forever

If I had to choose a favourite genre, I'd choose rock. Rock is what I grew up with, so they always have a special place in my heart.

Some of my favourite bands: Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance, Trapt, Crossfade, Red, Finger Eleven, Saosin, Skillet, Matchbox Twenty, Thousand Foot Krutch, The Rasmus, Fall Out Boy, The Used, Great Big Sea, Ill Niño, Bullet For My Valentine, Korn, Escape The Fate, Avril Lavigne, Michael Jackson, Mika & The Beatles

Metal Head. Love to listen to it whenever I can. I also like Rock, Hardcore, EDM, and Dubstep.

freewill-gray

Right now I'm really interested in songs in foreign languages. - If anyone wants to recommend any songs that's not in English I will probably love you forever

I feel challenged :D Sooo, if you're into japanese music, i can recommend my favourite band: the GazettE ;)

I like and listen to a lot of different genres. I tend to judge songs individually, instead of by what genre they belong to, which leads to music tastes that quite a few people who consider weird. I'm one of those weird people who will go from listening to country to alternative to pop in the span of like five minutes. :lol:

I feel challenged :D Sooo, if you're into japanese music, i can recommend my favourite band: the GazettE ;)

ooooh I love the GazettE!! Great song choice by the way! :D

Pretty much anything once I warm up to it.

My favourite artists are probably Green Day, One OK Rock (Japanese Rock band (Pretty much anything :P)), Daft Punk and anyone on a piano.

One OK Rock might not be what you're looking for, but who knows, right? I'd recommend The Beginning and Answer is Near from them.

One OK Rock might not be what you're looking for, but who knows, right? I'd recommend The Beginning and Answer is Near from them.

Alright I just listened to a few songs by them and I came to the conclusion that they are AWESOME! Thank you for recommending them! ^_^

TheStarrySkai

I like pop, classical, rock and metal. I have gotten very into Jrock. I might go to Kamijo's concert in NYC if I get the tickets for it.

Its funny since I can go from Harry Potter parodies [starkid] to kpop to gothic metal [thank you Mana] to Classical to really random vocaloid.

If anyone have music suggestions foreign bands that don't sing in english, spanish, japanese or korean I would love to hear some.

I love everything,but I'm mostly into alternative rock and metal,my favourites metal genres being doom and progressive.Some of my favourite bands are Dream Theatre,A Perfect Circle,Tool,Isole,Katatonia,Brand New,Thirty Seconds to Mars,Young Heretics,System of a Down & Stateless.

I've been listening to calmer and softer music those past few days though,my current favourite songs being 'Von',which is a soundtrack from Zankyou no Terror,and 'Angels' by the XX.I've also grown really fond of Omnia.

It all depends on my mood really.

Music recommendations are always welcome!

If anyone have music suggestions foreign bands that don't sing in english, spanish, japanese or korean I would love to hear some.

Alright! To start, there's these 2 songs I think are actually pretty popular. A French song I love called Laisse Tomber Les Filles by France Gall. I heard it on the radio once and I was really surprised since I never hear foreign songs on English radio stations. Then an Italian song called Anima Libera by Emi. I'm pretty sure that song is somewhat well known too since there's Nightcore versions lol.

German: Rammstein and Tokio Hotel

Swedish: Byz

Icelandic: Sigur Rós

Portuguese: Armandinho

Last but not least, Maher Zain usually produces songs in multiple languages if I'm not mistaken. (Arabic, Turkish, Malay)

JenkynsPendragon

Malice Mizer is a great Japanese band. They do tend to shift genres -- everything from rather pop (Ma Cherie) to very goth (Beast of Blood).

tl;dr ramble about styles/bands under the spoiler

Mostly metal for me. From what I can tell, I seem to really enjoy speed, power, symphonic, death and black elements a lot. Cx!! Some favorites in this would be like Chthonic, The HAARP Machine, All Hail the Yeti, Finntroll, Soilwork, Opeth, Carach Angren, this one guy on youtube who does ____ meets metal covers [Erock331], Mastodon, Scar Symmetry, Mercenary, Blackguard, Arch Enemy, Holy Grail, Cradle of Filth, Between the Buried and Me, Babymetal and in general if I hear stuff from most bands that have these elements, I'll dig it. [such as Dark Tranquility, Dimmu Borgir, and there's this one list I saw of this person's top 5 black metal album list, and they were all quite awesome]

But I listen to a bunch of other stuff as well, such as Ayça, Eisenfunk, Nero Creature Feature, Skazi, Pendulum/Knife Party, Bad Religion, Mystery Skulls, Studio Killers and Vitas

I also end up liking the alternative kind of stuff that airs on like idk the alternative/rock radio stations, though I don't actively look into them more, like Arctic Monkeys, Banks, Lorde, KONGOS, etc~

There's also stuff that idk exactly where it'd go that I like such as Polkadot Cadaver, Stolen Babies, The Mars Volta, The Algorithm, Igorrr [i only heard one song from this group[?], but it blew my mind haha! Damaged Wig is the song], and I'm sure other things too. xDa I don't know if they count as just hard rock or metal, but Volbeat is also quite awesome.

I also REALLY love songs that are Halloween-y/spooky sounding or are B-movie themed

Swing/electro-swing also sounds really awesome.

Overall, though, my favorite genre/s is the hard rock/heavy metal area. UuUa

freewill-gray

Estonian song, and a finnish band, but singing in english: HIM,

A forgot to mention, that i have a strange mania, i'm quite fond of musics of games and moovies and i often listen to them in extended version.
Half of my music list is full of song with no singing. For instance Zoe Keating, she's awesome. *-*

Mostly Gothic/Symphonic metal, though I do have a soft spot for Pantera. Also like electronica, classic rock, blues, classical/orchestral and post-punk/rock. I can appreciate raw punk in a live venue but can't really listen to it at home.

Some favourites include Nightwish, Draconian, Tom Waits, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Grimes, Purity Ring, Imogen Heap, The Jesus & Mary Chain and, *ahem* Matenrou Opera.

epic music from theatrical musicals

I listen to EDM (glitch hop mostly with some electro swing, electronic, drum and bass, and dubstep), alternative/indie, and the occasional kpop or jpop song. I recently found a German indie band I like too. And there's also one or two artists from other genres I like but they're exceptions since I don't really listen to other genres.

For specific artists/bands I like Fox Stevenson, Foster the People (favorite band), Young the Giant, Fotos, Mika, U-KISS, Vixx, 9Muses, Infinite, TheFatRat, Caravan Palace, Savant, Zanski, AWOLNATION, Fitz and the Tantrums, Florence + the Machine, Marina and the Diamonds, CNBlue, and a few others

bittersweet988

Symphonic and gothic metal ;)

Malice Mizer is a great Japanese band. They do tend to shift genres -- everything from rather pop (Ma Cherie) to very goth (Beast of Blood).

Thanks!! I'll be sure to check them out when I get the chance!

My friend just recommended some Romanian bands today, I thought I'd share with you and the group :lol:

Cargo (heavy metal)

K1 (ethno dance)

Paraziții (rap & hip hop)

B.U.G. Mafia (hip hop)

drjohnhwatson

I listen to just about anything, though my favourite would probably have to be pop music, classic rock, classical music, broadway showtunes and gaelic music. I just adore Irish music and I spend an entire night straight listening to different Irish tunes. Favourite Irish band hands-down would be the legendary The Dubliners. I also like The Beatles, Steam Powered Giraffe, Panic! At the Disco, and Fun. A little bit of mix in there, haha.

I haven't been to a concert in ages, but some of the people I've seen are: The Who, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Ramin Karimloo (!! front row seats and I met him afterward and got an autograph for me and a friend who wasn't there. He's so gracious and kind! Super handsome, too. ;).) and Ringo Starr and his all Starr Band.

:lol:.

Mostly Metal (Heavy, Power, Opera) for incoming neckpain from headbanging (only use for too long hair which otherwise look like drained) :ph34r:

But also some jrock/jpop (The GazettE/Gackt)

Epic movie/game music

Lindsey Stirling cause of the Violin. I just love hearing this instrument :wub:

Archived