2. 2. How often do you take naps?

• Never!
    • As often as I can!
    • Rarely ever
    • I try to avoid them
    • I plan out times when I can take a nap
  3. 3. Why do you take naps?

• I do not take naps
    • On accident - I don't necessarily mean to fall asleep!
    • To rest up
    • To try to balance out my odd sleeping schedule
    • To relax after a long day
    • To avoid my problems
    • To gain more energy
    • To get rid of a headache
    • Because I'm so tired I can barely function
    • Because I just love my bed!
    • To try to solidify what I learned that day
    • So I can stay up later
  4. 4. Why don't you like naps?

• I do like naps!
    • Because of how I feel when I wake up
    • It's a waste of time
    • I have weird dreams when I nap
    • It causes me to stay up later at night
    • I wish I could nap actually, but I can never seem to fall asleep
  5. 5. How long of naps do you take?

• Just a few minutes - less than 30
    • 20-30 minutes
    • About an hour
    • Multiple hours
    • Silly st3p, I don't take naps.
  6. 6. Do you want to take a nap right now?

• Now that you mention it, yes...
    • Nah
    • I always do!
    • No way jose

This poll is closed to new votes

I would really like to take a nap right now, so instead I'll ask you guys about your napping habits or lack thereof ^_^

Let me know if I should add anything (my first poll), and feel free to elaborate in the replies!

butterflydreams

I would love to take naps. Oh how many times I've pushed myself to the brink without taking a nap. Unfortunately, I cannot nap. Yup. It's true. If I'm not at home, in my bed, I can't fall asleep.

I wouldn't recommend it. I think it comes from a lifetime of being nervous and on edge.

Naps are amazing. They are glorious~ Freakin' wondrous! Just huddle under the covers, snuggle with a pillow or stuffed toy, and let your mind wander to dream land. ZZzzz's all day, everyday~ Or at least as much as you are able to. The thing called life sometimes gets in the way. XP

I usually take naps once or twice a week. I have weird sleeping patterns sometimes, and it's not uncommon for my homework procrastination to lead to all-nighters, so I usually balance out my lack of sleep with naps at the end of the week or on the weekend. Actually, I was just complaining to a friend that because I have Friday afternoon classes this semester, I'm losing valuable nap time :P

I would nap right now, except that it's like 10PM, so at this point its probably better to just go to bed for the night :lol:

I hate naps! Lol. I don't take them, ever. The only times I ever did was when I was very sick, and I forced myself to take them. I have a hard enough time falling asleep at night, so sleeping during the day definitely doesn't work. XD; When I did nap, I hated how I felt when I woke up...really out of it. So yeah. No naps for me!

...er...*mumble*...yeah...*snore*...

ciao...*yawn*

I recently found out I have hypothyrodism, which basically means my thyroid doesn't put out enough hormones in my body, which might explain why I've been sleepy for like all my life :/

TheKindredSoul

Naps are okay. I take them to balance out my sleeping schedule, since I have chronic insomnia. I also take them because I enjoy dreaming. It know it is strange, but sometimes dreaming is a way for me to unlock my creativity or even solve subconscious problems I cannot in real life. Sometimes it is also a way for me to get away from my endlessly streaming thoughts.

WhenSummersGone

I love naps! I don't take them often but when I do it's mostly to relax or to get more energy. I end up sleeping for hours lol.

Conscientious Ghost

Naps are great when it doesn't mix in with my sleep schedule.

I'm not into naps as much as I used to be, not sure when that happened. I find now that I wake up feeling ugh and achy. Sometimes I'll fall asleep unintentionally, and very occasionally I'll nap to try to clear a headache.

I wish I could nap to compensate for the lack of nighttime sleep (by which I mean that it's now time for me to get up for school, but I haven't slept all night... and this isn't even the first time this has happened this month). Unfortunately, although my body has absolutely no trouble falling asleep at night, I never seem to be able to fall asleep during the day when I try to nap (even if I'm in my bed with the curtains drawn, and lavender and all that).

bittersweet988

Unfortunately I can't sleep during the day...I would really love to take a nap right now, since I got only three hours of sleep last night, but I'll have to wait tonight to be able to sleep.

Sleepy Skeleton

I have a hard enough time falling asleep at night. Trying to nap is just a waste of my time because I can never actually fall asleep. I just lie still for a few minutes and give up.

Being older, I don't sleep quite as well as I used to and started taking naps to make up for it a few years ago. A short late afternoon nap kicks my energy up all evening, which is when I like to go running.

I don't have naps much anymore unless i'm tired. I'm usually active in the day though if I have had enough sleep.

I don't as a general rule nap, I like to just plough on through the day, not least because I am not a great sleeper, even at night. About 5-5.5hrs suits me so no need to doze during the day

drjohnhwatson

I take naps so often it's ridiculous. My mom thinks I'm too sloth-like, but I can't help it. I often have pretty vivid dreams when I sleep and they're always interesting so it's pretty fun.

I take naps for almost any reason; I checked off nearly every box for that.

Usually I sleep for a few hours in a nap. If I do a half hour it's no good and I feel like hell. I often feel like hell regardless though, so what the hey! :D.

Whenever I was in college one of my favourite things to do was I'd eat lunch, then curl up in the commuter lounge on the sofa and cover myself with my long jacket and nap for like two hours.

:lol:.

Eh I don't sleep much so I've always found naps a waste of time unless I'm sick. I mean, that's time that could be spent with a nice juicy novel or an art project of baking...

I feel AWFUL when I wake up after taking a nap. >_< I try to avoid them, but if I haven't slept well the night before or had to get up early, sometimes I just get so tired I'll start dozing off during the day. Then I either feel awful from being so tired, or I'll feel just as bad later if I do drift off. Can't win! D:

If it wasn't for how sick I feel after waking up, I'd probably enjoy the occassional nap.

Can't live without them... Partner comes home from work at around 11pm, we're in bed by 1am, and then up again at 7 ish. I make him breakfast and a packed lunch (if I'm not feeling too lazy) and then he leaves for work again. By about 11am my eyes are closing.

Won't be able to nap as of next week though as I'm starting a full-time job.

I take naps when I need them. If I don't sleep well the night before. My work is nice because I'm on my own schedule. Mostly only "work" work in the mornings. So I can take a nap in the afternoon. If I'm tired. If I have a headache. Whatever.

Napping has been my mortal enemy since infanthood. I was that one baby who would never, ever, ever go to sleep, and I still refuse to. It's such a waste of time. I could be doing better things. If I fall asleep before 9 PM I get really angry when I wake up.

verily-forsooth-egads

Napping is what old people do. If I find frequently that I can't stay awake for a few more hours until it's really time to sleep, something needs to change in my life.

Napping is what old people do. If I find frequently that I can't stay awake for a few more hours until it's really time to sleep, something needs to change in my life.

Napping is what people who enjoy taking naps do. I don't have to even be tired to take one...a good nap is as good as a delicious slice of cake.

I would rather take a nap than skydive any day. :lol:

Archived