So this probably doesn't fit in this category but I still need help

secondstar16

This is kind of an asexuality question...

How do I come out to my parents?

My parents are super loving and accepting so I know that part will go over well, but I can't seem to find the words to say to them. My mom knows that asexuality exists but her defintion is Sherlock (I would consider him aromantic; she said "he's asexual like he doesn't date") so her defintion needs some altering. My mom really believes that I haven't met the right person yet (being that I am only a teenager) and that all relationships consist of kissing and cuddling and physical contact.

How should I approach telling her I'm asexual and getting her to realize that there will be no right person?

It's pretty hard to explain to people who aren't because they don't feel that way themselves. But I think your mom will be pretty understanding. Just tell your mom that you aren't attracted to people in a sexual way, and you're going to try and pursue a relationship in the future where those types of sexual and physical things aren't in the picture. Just so you know, odds are that they're gonna say you'll grow out of it, but odds are also that it's less because they're not taking you seriously and more because they want the best for you and because you're still young. But if you're persistent, and if your mom is as open as she seems, they'll definitely at least put an effort into being understanding. Just be clear and patient with questions, and let them know that you don't think this is going to change.

I believe the best why is to be completely honest. Don't hold anything back. Tell your parents how you feel and facts that back you up in explaining your asexuality.

Thanks! I feel more confident in talking to her now. Still hesistant but hopeful and confident

Why can't you just state it as it is? I'm a blunt person so I'd just say "I'm asexual, but your definition of it needs some editing. Your definition means Aromantic; Asexual is just not wanting sex. Sherlock may be Asexual but whats more likely/evident is that hes Aromantic (or perhaps experiences it rarely)."