:cake:

binary suns

WoodwindWhistler

(and now I also realize that these experiences with that partner are confirmation that I'm demi-sensual.. not sure if anyone other than me cares about that type of label tho :P)

I would disagree. I am definitely a libido'd asexual, but I could go the rest of my life without any sexual stimulus. the only reasons I succumb to it is out of either boredom or depression, lol :( (well or because I think my partner would enjoy it, but we're not talking about partnered interaction in this case)

Yes, we do care about labels like that because one of our favorite sports here at AVEN is listing all the many, many dimensions of human attraction that most people don't think about. ;)

I'm not sure what "on the same thing" means, purplemutant, but desire to masturbate and libido are not the same thing . . . just like wanting to have a romantic relationship in concept and romantic drive (i.e., how easily you fall in love) are not the same thing.

Well, endorphins that are released by self pleasure are a sort of natural anti-depressant, so doing it when you feel down makes perfect sense. ;) There was a period where I used it to help going to sleep, and release generalized anxiety about life. I had no inherent arousal or drive to do it.

Though, how you can ever be bored with an infinite magic box (computer and internet) kind of stumps me, tbh.

I'm not sure what "on the same thing" means, purplemutant, but desire to masturbate and libido are not the same thing . . . just like wanting to have a romantic relationship in concept and romantic drive (i.e., how easily you fall in love) are not the same thing.

That is a typo. That should have been "not the same thing". :) I am going to go change that so other people don't get confused. Thanks for pointing it out.

There are so many blurred lines on AVEN, there's more to asexuality than just not experiencing sexual attraction, and for anyone to be interested in sexual activity with another does not make them asexual, imo.
There are so many blurred lines on AVEN, there's more to asexuality than just not experiencing sexual attraction, and for anyone to be interested in sexual activity with another does not make them asexual, imo.

I disagree. Having an interest in sexual activity doesn't automatically exclude you from being asexual. It all comes down to whether or not you have a desire (urge/need) or sex. Just because someone can happily go for the rest of their life without sex doesn't mean they have to. When someone's libido goes down for whatever reason they may lose interest in sex. But they don't suddenly become asexual. There are asexuals who have sex to please their partners. So by your standards are they asexual as long as they weren't interested in having sex?

WoodwindWhistler

I disagree. Having an interest in sexual activity doesn't automatically exclude you from being asexual. It all comes down to whether or not you have a desire (urge/need) or sex. Just because someone can happily go for the rest of their life without sex doesn't mean they have to. When someone's libido goes down for whatever reason they may lose interest in sex. But they don't suddenly become asexual. There are asexuals who have sex to please their partners. So by your standards are they asexual as long as they weren't interested in having sex?

I disagree as well. Curiosity is another big motivator. If everyone makes such a big ruckus about it, a natural reaction would be to wonder about it, and/or try it out, even though there's no "I need sex right now" the way the majority of people experience it.

I disagree as well. Curiosity is another big motivator. If everyone makes such a big ruckus about it, a natural reaction would be to wonder about it, and/or try it out, even though there's no "I need sex right now" the way the majority of people experience it.

Yea experimentation is to be expected. If enough people make a big deal about it, someone may want to find out what the big deal is. If an asexual tried it the reactions would range from "I never want to do that again", "I don't see what the big deal is", to "that was fun, I might want to do that again sometime".

It seems perfectly possible for a person to have erogenous zones, and therefore potentially "get something" from sex, even though they don't identify anyone as physically attractive.

It seems perfectly possible for a person to have erogenous zones, and therefore potentially "get something" from sex, even though they don't identify anyone as physically attractive.

Of course it is. I generally don't find people attractive. But I can orgasm just fine. The times I have done anything sexual with anyone I have enjoyed it.

Archived