Asexual Astrology

Himegami

Do You Believe In Astrology?  

1. 1. Do you know what your astrology sign is?

• Yes, I'm an Aries.
    • Yes, I'm a Taurus.
    • Yes, I'm a Gemini.
    • Yes, I'm a Cancer.
    • Yes, I'm a Leo
    • Yes, I'm a Virgo.
    • Yes, I'm a Libra
    • Yes, I'm a Scorpio.
    • Yes, I'm a Sagittarius.
    • Yes, I'm a Capicorn.
    • Yes, I'm a Aquarius.
    • Yes, I'm a Pisces.
    • Yes, I'm a different sign/a cusp (please share below).
    • No, I don't know my astrology sign/I'm not certain.
    • No, I don't care to know.
  2. 2. Do you think astrology is legitimate?

• Yes, I believe in astrology whole-heartedly.
    • I do not believe in the future telling part, but my sign accurately describes me in some or most ways.
    • No, but I think it's something just for fun.
    • No, it is morally wrong.
    • No, it is hocus-pocus and outdated.
  3. 3. If you do believe in astrology, then what do you use it for?

• No, as I stated in the last question, I do not believe astrology is legitimate.
    • I use it just for fun!
    • I use it as a label to describe myself as an individual; my sign accurately describes me as a person.
    • I use it to determine my future.
    • I use it to understand myself and others around me.
    • I use it for love compatibility.
  4. 4. Would you judge someone for believing in astrology?

• Yes I would! It's stupid/morally wrong!
    • No, I wouldn't. Let them believe what they want.
    • No, I wouldn't. I believe/somewhat believe in it.

This poll is closed to new votes

I want to know what sort of astrology signs my fellow aces have!

-Also, do you believe in astrology?

-If so, why and to what extent? And if not, why not?

If you have any cool stories to share about your astrology sign, please do!

a-happyhippie

I don't really believe in it; I just think it's cool. I'm saggitarius! ^-^

Aries, since you ask. But no, I don't believe because one's character is shaped by their environment, upbringing, experiences and culture, not a mere accident of birth.

Capricorn.

I don't believe in it, because I feel like it's JUST vague enough to apply to everyone and seem tailored to different people at the same time. However, if you took the signs and mixed the descriptions, I'm sure the people who were used to one definition would still be able to identify with whatever new description they wind up with. XD

As for the personal/weekly ones, pfft, forget about that. XD

[still, it can be useful for when you want to make an OC and figure out a way for them to be balanced; even if you make sure to alter their personalities so they don't fit to a T, it's still a fun place to start.]

Sorry everyone- I had a poll but it didn't show up the first time! It should show up now, at least I see it :)

I'm an Aries, but I was born on April 19th, so I'm on the cusp of Aries and Taurus. Thus I am said to carry attributes of both the Aries and the Taurus. I don't exactly believe in Astrology, but I still read my daily, weekly, and monthly horoscopes when able to. I love to look up new profiles and studies of my signs, and I'm big on the compatibility testing both romantically and platonically. I do it mostly for fun, I think, but there are definitely times that it is highly accurate in regards to personalities and compatibilities (though also times when it is pretty off base). I don't believe that it holds any merit in foreseeing the future. There is some real merit in the time of year you are born potentially affecting your personalities along with random factors such as the name you are given. Scientific studies have shown this to be true, and I think it should not be a surprise if Astrology personality types fall under these discoveries fairly well considering how much work has been put into developing these character profiling styles.

I'm a Leo. I don't know what that means, apart from that I was born on one of the days when you turn out to be a Leo. :P

SorryNotSorry

One thing that bugs me about some astrologers (Teri King and others) is how they infer each of us will shrivel up and die if we don't have sex.

One thing that bugs me about some astrologers (Teri King and others) is how they infer each of us will shrivel up and die if we don't have sex.

Whut. :mellow:

Sleepy Skeleton

I think it's very silly.

It just seems like superstition to me. Why on Earth would the location of the planet and the stars at the time of your birth affect your personality or your compatibility with other people? The idea of it seems fun but I don't spend too much time thinking about it.

I really just replied to this poll so I could share my favorite and completely relevant song by Weird Al Yankovic:

Aquarius. Astrologers keep telling me about my love life and what techniques suit me the most in bed. But they never mention how much I love to use my bed for sleep.

WhenSummersGone

I'm Pisces and I feel it fits me so I mostly believe in it. I don't believe in the future telling part. I'm a spiritual person and I would feel weird dating someone of a sign that isn't a good match for Pisces. I tried dating a Gemini and it didn't work out.

SorryNotSorry

I never wanted to rule anyone else.

drjohnhwatson

I'm a Taurus. I feel a little silly saying that I believe in it when so many people are rational but it's fun, you know. :lol:.

Gemini.

Astrology is interesting (in the way most pre-scientific organized worldview systems are, to me), but I don't really believe in it, especially not the telling the future bit... and most especially not the newspaper horoscope "telling the future for next week and it will happen the same way for 1/12 of everybody who reads this".

Now, there were a good bunch of interesting and fitting bits in my detailed birth horoscope (yes, I made one once with a computer program that I found in a bargain bin :P), but I doubt they were statistically relevant outside of what you can expect with vague enough statements.

The Chinese horoscope is even more ludicrous.

bittersweet988

I am a Cancer and my sign accurately describes me :P

It's obviously bogus. After all, I was born on the cusp of magic, and Hogwarts still hasn't sent me an acceptance letter. That, and I'm more of a Rogue build/personality.

On a little more serious note: I once had my palm read, and I just kept being told how much of a sex maniac I was, showing just how false that it.

I don't believe in horoscopes but I think they're fun to read and maybe compare with friend's or whatever. I especially like those posts going around on Tumblr recently that are along the lines of 'The signs as anime characters' or 'What the signs do at the beach', they're always amusing. Me and my friend send them to each other all the time and then mock each other's answers.

Also I quite enjoy the irony that Scorpio's are always made out to be really passionate and sexual and mysterious and I'm just kind of, y'know, asexual and a bit of a dork. :lol:

The last portion of the poll misses out the option I would choose: Yes I would. Let them believe what they want.

People should be free to believe pretty much whatever they want; but, on the other hand, I (and everyone else) am allowed to judge them for it.

I'm a Leo. I don't know what that means, apart from that I was born on one of the days when you turn out to be a Leo. :P

FWIW, it means you want to have it your way and nobody else's. Being a Fire sign, it gives you a certain drive or impulsion that can be expressed a number of different ways, depending on which signs were more or less powerful in which house. I'm a Leo too, but since Picses (opposite Water sign) was hugely predominant in a neighboring house at the time I was born, that means I work behind the scenes - i.e. I have to have it my way, but I can't be seen to be having it my way.

I'm a Pisces but don't really care about whatever that's supposed to say about my personality.

I don't believe in astrology at all, but I'm okay with people believing in it if they want to. But also, I'd judge people for making big life decisions using astrology (including using it to pick dating partners).

Sometimes I'll look up my horoscope out of boredom. To me it's the same as a fortune cookie. It's a few lines of text that might make me think about my life a little differently, but overall not a big deal.

Aquarius. It can be interesting to read for fun but it's bullshit imho. And yes, I judge people for believing in this bullshit.

LeaveOnYourColours

I'm a Pisces. That means you're supposed to be emotional and dreamy and soft hearted. That's fairly accurate for me, but only sometimes (I like horror films and curse words and heavy metal).

I was reading some love stuff on Pisces girls and it says we're good at handling the delicate male ego and making him feel useful and manly. Hilarious, but I feel like I do that. We're also supposed to be enchantresses. I'm not exactly sure what that means or how I do that, but he calls me a tease, which I hate.

Still don't believe it really. It's fun, I even have a tarot set.

Archived