[Trigger Warning] Has anyone threatened to rape you?

Teavana

Have you been sexually harassed (verbally or physically), raped and/or threatened with sexual assault?  

1. 1. Have you been sexually harassed, raped and/or threatened with sexual assault?

• Male: yes
    • Male: no
    • Female: yes
    • Female: no
    • Other: yes
    • Other: no
  2. 2. By who/m?

• by a male
    • by a female
    • by both
    • It has never happened

This poll is closed to new votes

This is just curiosity at the top of my mind, obviously. Are females more like to be victims of corrective rape and sexual harassment? I put sexual harassment, rape and rape threats in one category. Sexual harassment can be verbal or physical. It is an uncomfortable situation which has sexual tunes in it. This can include teasing by friends. being drunk or whatever.

Ok so, if you're trying to assess this on the basis of someone being asexual, maybe your question should be more specific?

I was sexually harassed by my 8th grade geography teacher, but I was never raped/sexually assaulted or threatened with rape/sexual assault. So I can't answer the poll, given that they're all lumped together.

I was sexually harassed by my 8th grade geography teacher, but I was never raped/sexually assaulted or threatened with rape/sexual assault. So I can't answer the poll, given that they're all lumped together.

It can be either one of those. I CLEARLY stated it in the post.

Ok so, if you're trying to assess this on the basis of someone being asexual, maybe your question should be more specific?

What do you mean? I don't think it can get anymore specific because not everyone here is asexual. Not everybody is openly asexual, so there is no way of knowing for sure it's based upon asexuality. I just posted a general census.

A Perfect Square

I think I remember the last AVEN demographic investigation showed that, out of all their respondents, roughly 1 in every 4 participant was male. If this is reflective of the AVEN community as a whole (it might not be!), then you may be limiting your potential responses.

In any case, I'm somewhat of a tween female. I have experienced small degrees of 'casual' sexual assault. It seems fairly common for women to have their behinds groped in pubs without their consent, and I have heard of males my age receiving similar, if not worse, treatment. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be many opportunities to talk about this.

Personally, I have been on the receiving end of rape threats twice. One of these was a response to my asexuality, and unfortunately, that person also succeeded in raping me. Not all news is bad though - I hear my rapist keeps trying to wriggle out of her (short) prison sentence.

Overall, I feel that the results will favour women being a 'bigger' target, but that the actual ratio will be closer to 50:50 (possibly 45:55 at a compromise :P)

What actually happens will be an interesting sight indeed.

What do you mean? I don't think it can get anymore specific because not everyone here is asexual. Not everybody is openly asexual, so there is no way of knowing for sure it's based upon asexuality. I just posted a general census.

In your OP you wonder about "asexual females". But your poll doesn't reflect your question. Anyone can answer, of any sexual orientation, and you're not asking if the assault (or threat) was after having disclosed one's asexuality or anything similar. Basically, you're asking the entire AVEN population (the entire internet, if anyone joins) if they have been through any of this. Which, as I said, has nothing to do with your wondering about asexual females.

In your OP you wonder about "asexual females". But your poll doesn't reflect your question. Anyone can answer, of any sexual orientation, and you're not asking if the assault (or threat) was after having disclosed one's asexuality or anything similar. Basically, you're asking the entire AVEN population (the entire internet, if anyone joins) if they have been through any of this. Which, as I said, has nothing to do with your wondering about asexual females.

Oops my bad. Sorry.

I think I remember the last AVEN demographic investigation showed that, out of all their respondents, roughly 1 in every 4 participant was male. If this is reflective of the AVEN community as a whole (it might not be!), then you may be limiting your potential responses.

In any case, I'm somewhat of a tween female. I have experienced small degrees of 'casual' sexual assault. It seems fairly common for women to have their behinds groped in pubs without their consent, and I have heard of males my age receiving similar, if not worse, treatment. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be many opportunities to talk about this.

Personally, I have been on the receiving end of rape threats twice. One of these was a response to my asexuality, and unfortunately, that person also succeeded in raping me. Not all news is bad though - I hear my rapist keeps trying to wriggle out of her (short) prison sentence.

Overall, I feel that the results will favour women being a 'bigger' target, but that the actual ratio will be closer to 50:50 (possibly 45:55 at a compromise :P)

What actually happens will be an interesting sight indeed.

Yes I understand that this is not going to be reflective of the whole AVEN population or the whole asexual population. In fact no census forum on here is accurate. I am so sorry that has happened to you. Yeah I think your rapist should stay in prison.

The results might favor women as being the bigger target. The problem with that is because men are less likely to report rape due to society's view about rape as being "women are only the victims". I honestly do believe that male rape victims should also receive attention and support regardless of what society thinks.

Besides the internet where the person is likely a 14 year old who barely knows his own penis? I've never actually had a sexual assault threat. Now, I have been coerced, but that's a story for another thread.

WhenSummersGone

I haven't experienced those things but I have been sexually assaulted a couple of times.

TMI/TW:

This is quite personal, but because it feels relevant.

I'm male. When I was a kid, less than 8 years old, an older girl sexually assaulted/harrassed me.

I don't like to think that it has affected me much, but earlier on in my life, I believed I was homosexual/homoromantic for the longest time, and that might be (I'm not saying that it's for definite) because I was afraid to love women. My first love was physically a woman, and it took me a long time to accept that I loved her. But then again, I feel an emotional disconnect with people a lot of the time, so that may have contributed to it.

It really shouldn't affect me much now though, because now I've accepted I'm gender-blind/non-binary, which means f*ck gender when loving people, really haha.

rapey comments

^That. Lol. I love your terminology!

I said no, thank God. I've have paranoia about such things happening...I've had nightmares of such things happening, but nothing ever happening in reality. Very thankful.

No....

This is just curiosity at the top of my mind, obviously. Are females more like to be victims of corrective rape and sexual harassment? I put sexual harassment, rape and rape threats in one category. Sexual harassment can be verbal or physical. It is an uncomfortable situation which has sexual tunes in it. This can include teasing by friends. being drunk or whatever.

Now that you mentioned it, I've had some sarcastically "flirt" with me just to annoy me. I got my revenge by completely ignoring them.

bittersweet988

I have never been raped, but someone followed me home and kind of tried to when I was about 14...and older men try to flirt with me all the time, so I am kind of used to that :angry:

I was sexually harassed by some of the girls who lived on my dorm floor my freshman year of college. I can't say I was every physically assaulted, though.

Squirrel Combat

There was a girl in college who made quite a few advances and might have been hoping I would return it, but because she was dating a guy I didn't return any of it. Good thing I didn't either, she sold me out to the authorities and those could have been things she would have used against me. :wacko:

There was a girl in college who made quite a few advances and might have been hoping I would return it, but because she was dating a guy I didn't return any of it. Good thing I didn't either, she sold me out to the authorities and those could have been things she would have used against me. :wacko:

that could not have been a fun experience.

I don't know if this would count or not, it was intended in a jokey way apparently.

what you're describing is, indeed, sexual harassment and shame on your friends for not realizing it and not understanding why it made you upset. What a bunch of idiots.

I voted no thinking about rape and threats of rape.

I actually have been sexually harassed, by both males and females and in a couple cases, by people in the "Other" category.

I voted other although I would usually vote male, because my negative experiences have mostly been colored by being perceived as other.

I survived an attempted rape when I was 13. The neighborhood creep (who was an 18 year old man who had an unusual fascination with young girls, including one of my friends when we were both about 9) caught me on the way home one night when I stayed out past the time the street lights came on, and he started to drag me back into the bushes. I'm 99.9% positive he would have raped me as I could feel his hard-on up against my butt as he had me pinned against him. I asked him repeatedly to let me go and he refused. Luckily some older teenagers from down the street came by and interrupted him and he had to let me go. This has nothing to do with me being asexual as I was just a young girl who caught the attention of a pedophile. I have also been sexually harassed at various times, once by an elderly man who would try to rub up against me in the doorway when we would both pass thru it at the same time. And there were more than a few off-color things he would say ever so often. He was mostly harmless (unlike the pedophile) but extremely annoying. I was also verbally sexually harassed when I was in high school by some of the kids who bullied me.

Another incident when i was younger-

I was around 9/10 and i was walking to the shops with my mam, she was walking a few yards in front of me, i walked past a bus stop and there were 2 older men, like 70's/80's, well as i walked past one of them smacked my bum, and both of them laughed.

Sounds like those guys are possible pedophiles and they could have been charged for that :angry: .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been sexually harrassed several times, and sexually assualted once. All times by guys. And I go as female because I am not out as non-binary.

I'm ugly and avoid aggressive people so fortunately, no.

Unless online counts; no. :P

Luckily I haven't had anyone threaten anything to my face in years. The large dog and 'resting B face' tends to scare off most people.

I was sexually harassed by girls in high school (both verbal and physical)...I was too embarrassed to tell anyone at the time though.

I still have not told anyone offline.

I'm ugly and avoid aggressive people so fortunately, no.

You are not ugly.

Archived