Weird first kiss, is it supposed to be like that?

Måskemigselvetsted

Måskemigselvetsted

So. I had my first kiss. Congratulations to me!

The thing is, I didn't really like it. I had been curious and pretty much anywhere from books to movies to EVERYWHERE is it at least a decent experience. And it was just really, really weird. Feeling the inside of someone elses lips? What's the fuss about that? Why do people like that?

I'm actually really disappointed. I didn't expect to be totally thrilled about the experience, but I did expect it to be better. A lot better. Did media and the rest of the world just lie to me about kissing?

Or was he just a bad kisser (which I kind of doubt) and you aren't supposed to feel the inside of someone elses lip?

Or is there just different kind of kisses (on the mouth) and I might just have to find another type, which I like?

(It didn't last very long. I pushed him away. And said sorry like a million times, but I don't think he understood and I really hope I didn't hurt his feelings. He kept telling me not to be shy. But it wasn't shyness, it was weird-ness.)

(Also, maybe this fits better in Rants and Musings. Sorry if I put it in the wrong place.)

Amoeba-Proteus

I don't honestly know if there's a "good" first kiss. Maybe there is and I'm mistaken. :blink:

My first was weird too. I wasn't sure if I really liked it either... It just felt strange and I remember thinking "Weeeell, that was interesting..."

If I'm honest, they were always kind of weird. Haven't kissed anyone in a few years now, and I can say I certainly don't miss it...

Måskemigselvetsted

Thanks! It's nice to know that it's normal. That means there is still hope for my second one at least.

(I definitely wouldn't call it anticlimatic, though. Only the kissing on lips. Not the kissing. Which is part of why I was confused.)

Yea, mine was totally boring as well. It wasn't weird. It was just that I felt nothing at all except tongues rubbing against each other. It was less exciting than holding hands.

Mine was wet, because there was a lot of saliva. I was disappointed as well. I mean, it wasn't so so bad, but not something I would have like to experience again.

That was with a guy though, maybe it doesn't count? well then, the first with a girl (my first girlfriend) wasn't that big thing either. Like too much static, no emphasis...?

Buuut I love the ones with my current girlfriend. So so much, actually :wub:

My first kiss was in a game of spin the bottle. First kisses are extremely romanticized (proper use of word here?!). I don't know anyone who had an amazing one.

romantic-woman

The first kiss is almost never so exciting, many of us felt like "ah now what is happening?what we are supposed to do or feel?"

so it is a big failure XD

I also believe that you have to be emotionally connected in order to feel nice unless it is just a boring thing

You can try it again, only if you want, do it with your way, change techniques and relax.

They can be really nice especially when your partner is slow and doesn't act like he wants to eat youXD

I also believe that some are just bad kissers but it depends if both are compatible and if they are not anxious ;)

Never liked any first kisses with guys. My first kiss to a girl was amazing though.

Per Aspera Ad Astra

My first kiss was "Meh". Not bad, but not good either. I never particularly enjoyed kissing, especially French kissing (you know, fluids... Just, yuk!). I hated it when there was saliva and tongues involved. I actually found it disgusting. I mean, damn it, it's my mouth! The only things that should go in there are food and beverages!

I was fine with a light peck on the lips though, and I could even enjoy it, as it was a way to show my affection. But I'm honestly much more into cuddling and hugging.

It might be different with a girl, or someone I truly love though. I don't know.

First kisses are never as magical as they make out in the media. You are both nervous as hell, worried you are doing it wrong, and unsure of what to expect. Practice makes perfect but don't just kiss because you feel you have to. It is not sex but it is still an intimate act.

If you are unsure what to do, just part your lips slightly and use the very tip of your tongue to explore the another persons. Don't ever feel the need to do any fancy flicking or rolling. That is how drool happens! Take it slow and gentle. You will get the hang of it.

Never liked any first kisses with guys. My first kiss to a girl was amazing though.

I always would just kiss my girl friends, soooo my first kiss on a mouth with a person (that was not mom) was with a girl. I never really counted it as my first kiss though, I don't even remember which one it was. Also in the spin the bottle game previously mentioned there was only 2 guys so I kissed a looot o' girls.

lips are sensitive and all that but fireworks aren't going off, my first kiss was actually really good cause it was with somebody i wanted to kiss, so it was more about them than the actual kissing.

The Ace Otaku

My first closed mouth kiss was... nice I supposed, wasn't the best thing, but nice. In comparison my first open mouth kiss with the same person was horrid it was all wet and sloppy and I really would not want to do open mouth kissing ever again

Måskemigselvetsted

Just to clarify: I wasn't nervous, he didn't seem nervous, I think he knew what he was doing (he seemed to, afterward, kissing not-on-the-lips (which I mainly liked), and the majority of 21-year-old boys and especially 21-year-old boys kissing someone they don't know that well have kissed before), we don't know each other very well, I think he looked pretty, he must have thought the same about me, it really wasn't something there had been a lot of planning up to.)

My first kiss was weird too. I didn't really like it, didn't really feel anything. It wasn't enjoyable.

Same with my first kiss with every other guy after that. It was weird and gross and I would have rather not kissed them. I liked kissing in the romantic way but not in the physical actual kissing way.

But about a month ago, I met a guy that I became pretty close with and really liked a lot in comparison to every other guy I'd kissed. And I wanted to kiss him which was so weird for me. When he kissed me, I liked it and I could honestly kiss him forever. We're now dating :).

So I guess what I'm saying is maybe it's not the kiss but rather the person. That's what happened to me. I hated kissing until I found the right guy and maybe you're having a similar experience.

My first kiss was with someone I had no feelings for and I honestly have forgotten most of the details of the actual kiss, so I'm sure you can guess how "spectacular and note worthy" it was.

My first kiss with someone I actually had feelings for? Was actually kind of special despite being really weird. We were laying on my bed, and I was eating a mcchicken, I look over while still chewing and she kisses me. Our first kiss was a mcchicken kiss. We still make jokes about it today, and although it was weird and kinda disgusting, I couldn't imagine it any better or different. Idk. /is weird and in love/

My first kiss was crap, as was every subsequent kiss with that person and the other people I haven't felt anything for. But with people I have had feelings for - brilliant.

My first kiss was.... well.... I panicked and headbutted him in the face, so at least you did better than that! :D

Wanted to echo most everyone else and say that first kisses aren't all they're cracked up to be. Frankly, I've often felt like the norm is the wrong order for budding relationships. Almost every time I have ever been kissed, I wasn't ready for it. I didn't feel emotionally connected to the person enough to enjoy it. I wanted to say, "Hey, that's like, rushing it, so...maybe tonight we hold hands for a bit, next time you lean on me...something like that?" Maybe society wants us to rush into it. To me, it's an awful lot like sex--there's no way I would desire it with someone I wasn't in love with.

Mine was disgusting. I tried two other times to make sure. I ended up with three disgusting kisses instead of one.

butterflydreams

I've never kissed anyone. Not since I was a little kid giving my mom a goodbye kiss before leaving for school. I used to feel bad about that fact, and got down on myself about it, but then I started thinking and realized, actually, it doesn't sound appealing at all. I'd like to try it just for curiosity's sake, but I've set my expectations fairly low.

I imagine what others have said here about first kisses in particular is probably fairly accurate. People love to hype things that really aren't all that great. I don't see why first kisses (or any kissing) would be any different. Ultimately, you should continue to do whatever feels right to you. If that means trying kissing again, go for it, if not, that's ok too!

God help the poor person who ends up kissing me for the first time if it ever happens. If my natural hugging style is any indication...my first kiss will at least be, um, interesting :D

lol, yeah. I think that's pretty normal. First kiss I had was just gross and slippery. It was also with a guy I had just randomly met and didn't even know the name of.

Second kiss was with my current partner. It was also weird at first and not pleasant (scratchy too because he hadn't shaved in a while) but after some time it started to feel good because we got better at it together.

AwkwardAntelope

I also believe that you have to be emotionally connected in order to feel nice unless it is just a boring thing

Yep, this. For me, I have to be emotionally connected to the other person for it to be anything but boring. Previous relationships, kissing was pointless, unenjoyable and frankly, disgusting. Current times though, I enjoy it because I'm in the moment, totally connected to that person and it's super amazingly brilliant. I haven't been connected to someone this way prior to this.

Mine felt weird as well. It should have been really romantic actually, we were alone on the roof of a high building, the sun was shining, afterwards he told me he loved me... But it just didn't do a lot for me. It was kind of wet and slobbery and I kept thinking, "shitshitshit what do I do how does this work," because contrary to what people say it didn't actually come to me intuitively.

Some of the kisses after that (still with the same guy) physically aroused me, but mentally I was rather turned off and kind of pissed at my body for that reaction.

Now I'm actually kind of fine with kissing, I even enjoy some of the lighter kisses, but French kissing is still kinda gross.

• 3 weeks later...

My first kiss wasn't great, mainly because my brain went "What am I meant to be doing? Help! Why is he kissing me? We were giggling over Doctor Who a moment ago! WHAT DO I DO?!?!".

I think first kisses are totally overromaticised. You most likely have no idea what you're doing and so it's not going to go great because you are just going "What do I do?".

I agree you need to be emotionally connected for it to mean something. It's also quite good fun to actually muddle through how to kiss together. Apparently I'm now a halfway decent kisser from being totally clueless.

I still get bored with prolonged tongue-in-mouth sessions though.

My first kiss was meh as well. I was being called to leave by the parental figure, was about to walk out of the bedroom door, and my former gf told me to come back over to her for a sec. I knew what was probably coming, but navigating faces so we didn't bump into each other, feeling rushed because I knew the parental figure was waiting for me, and seeing too many romantic movies made my first kiss a lot less enjoyable than a good kiss could have been.

Don't expect much from a first kiss. It's like your first time riding a bike. Most people aren't popping wheelies then, and if they are, it's because they are falling off.

Mine was at a playground with children around :blink:

I didn't even want it to happen, she just kinda made it happen.

So mine was pretty not what I wanted.

It wasn't even good either

Depends on the mood I'm in. If I'm in a predatory/sensual mood, I can get a sort of electric thrill out of it. That's only happened a couple times.

As for my first kiss and most other kisses, there wasn't any fireworks or anything. Just kinda soft and wet. *shrugs*

I had the same exact thing happen! Exactly like that. I am still disappointed that I hate kissing. It was... Well, awful. But he seemed to think it was great and he had several successful prior relationships. That makes me think that I'm not capable of having that amazing experience I've always read about and seen in movies. Now, it's hard for me to imagine how I used to think of kissing. It used to sound pleasant. Now I just think of how little I want to be all up in anyone's face and touching mouths.

Archived