Help! Possibly demisexual?

TheAsexyPrincessa

TheAsexyPrincessa

TMI warning possibly.

Hello everyone,

I've identified as asexual for some time now.

I always assumed I was straight until developing romantic feelings for my female friend, so now I identify as queer asexual.

Anyway, this girl and I have been friends for about a year and a half. We had just recently become closer friends, when I discovered I had a crush on her <3 it's kind of my first real crush on someone, and it's my first crush on a girl.

The thing is, I started noticing her in ways I hadn't noticed anyone else before. Her breasts. Her hips. I'm drawn to her in a remarkably new physical way. How I wouldn't mind having sex with her...in fact, how nice it would be to have sex with her.

And now I'm freaking out. I feel like this is sexual attraction.

Could I be demisexual? I know only I can choose my label, but it would be nice to hear some opinions.

I guess what I'm really asking is, is what I'm feeling really sexual attraction, or some kind of super intense sensual attraction?

Thanks everyone! :)

It might be. If you feel like it is, you're probably right ;)

My partner and I have been going through a similar sort of experience that resembles demisexuality in some ways, but not quite in others. (It's touched upon a bit in this thread that my partner made.) We don't really notice each other in a purely physical sort of sense -- this might be aided somewhat by being halfway across the world from each other and never having actually seen the other person in person -- but what we experience is more emotionally charged and more linked to the feelings of love that we share rather than it being something we would necessarily call "attraction"