New Youtube video- What it's like to be Asexual, According to Asexuals

deltaX

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I was browsing through YouTube this morning and I found another relatively new video about asexuality.

The video is titled "What its like to be Asexual, According to Asexuals". It talks about asexuality, and what it is like to be an asexual person in a sexual world. Although the two people hosting the show are sexual, they give some quotes from asexual people to illustrate their points or show that asexuality is real.

In my opinion, I think the video is fairly good. I would have liked there to be an asexual guest rather then just a couple of quotes, and there were definitely a few things I wish they would have expanded on or explained differently, but still a decent introduction for people who have never heard of us before. I hope this video is able to give us some more exposure! :)

Edited by ithaca
displaying video :)
  • Like 5

It's an interesting video. Thanks for posting it.

There were definitely some bits that I'm not sure they researched properly and I agree they should have had an asexual guest.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend anyone reading the comments on the video

• Like 4

this was the video that first got me to thinking about my own sexuality and discovering that I am asexual. I am 39 and think about sex that little. haha.

I didn't think the comment section was terribad or nothing. I see some ignorance but also see opportunities to learn from, to teach, and to support others.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have to agree that some parts could have been better researched, which is also a big reason I wish they had had an asexual guest to better explain everything. But for most things they got the main point across, and hopefully anyone who is interested will continue to research it more outside of the video.

And I almost never read the comments for asexuality videos on youtube, because of how negative they can be. Sometimes they do have some thoughtful comments, but most of the time it's just a bunch of really offensive hate.

• Like 2
House of Chimeras

An interesting video. Very nice to see a generally positive and informative video created by non-asexual people. Maybe its not fully accurate or repetitive but its positive and affirming that asexual people exist and we’re not just confused, mistaken, or disordered. A step in the right direction.

• Like 4

I am familiar with John Iadarola from the young Turks which I watch a lot because I like their progressive views. That video starts with a sexual joke in case any of you missed it. I was tempted to stop watching at that point because if you are going to make a video about asexuality perhaps it's not such a great idea to set the tone by starting with sexual joke.

Many of the comments on that video are pretty harsh on asexuality.

Quintus Crinis

Very interesting video - yeah there are some missing points, but it's generally well-researched and presented in an engaging/light-hearted way. :)

They talked about some interesting points, but they missed out on what is potentially the key difficulty faced by many asexuals, and that is the struggle to understand ourselves.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought it was a really positive representation of asexuality. :)

I loved it too :)