How do you feel about hugs and kisses?

I usually like hugs from people I am comfortable with, and at times I'll initiate the hug. But then I have days where I don't want to be touched at all and I'll squirm my way out of it. It's strange. As for kissing, It depends on the type of kiss and the person I'm romantically involved with.

I like both hugs and kisses if I'm already intimate ( meaning good friend/romantic interest) with whoever is trying to touch me. Nothing against phisycal contact with strangers but I hate using kisses on the cheek as a form of salute :wacko:

I like hugs in my head, fantasy, but in practice I freeze up and may hug back stiffly and awkwardly. I dunno if it's that I just have a strong concept of personal space for both myself and others, or what. And kissing, about the same. If you're a grandmother type, I won't be too bothered. A guy...I would be pretty weirded out.

Same. Leading to me enjoying a typed *hug* or *kiss* one helluva lot more than the corresponding biophysical meatspace action.

Hermit Advocate

I don't mind hugs if I know the person really well, namely my immediate family and the 2 friends I've knows since second grade. For me the only kisses that don't repulse me are very brief pecks on the forehead or cheek; I often give these out when saying goodbye/goodnight to anyone in the aforementioned group as a sign of affection.

I gotta say, I have always hated hugs, very much so. I just didn't like them, I get nothing out of it, no kicks, no happyness, it just feels useless and stupid and super awkward to me.

Same with making out and kisses. Best case I've had was that I didn't care and that was through the influence of alcohol, besides that I really don't like them and it makes me feel uncomfortable and feels just too awkward, I can never understand how people can be 'into' that

I really love getting hugs and hugging other people - even from strangers, if they're nice and friendly (mostly friends of friends). Kissing on the other hand feels very intimate for me, so I would only kiss the person I'm romantically involved with.

I feel like hugs are more tolerable and I'm used to how it's supposed to be comforting while kisses from others makes me nervous so I might not like it. I'm not sure about kissing others but if I have to, it would be a quick peck on the cheek because anything mouth-to-mouth or more just makes me uncomfortable.

Some people I find I almost immediately connect with and really enjoy hugs and physical contact with... Other friends I have had for years and feel literally zero desire to hug them; one friend in particular is also very much about having her space and not into hugging which makes for a really comfortable friendship because I also don't want hugs. As far as family go... My immediate family can have hugs, most of my extended family will get a hug as greeting but it's not really comfortable.

I have never kissed anyone and haven't really felt any interest in having my face that close to someone else's.

I don't mind hugs with people I'm comfortable with which means I usually have to have known them for about 3 months and actually like them. I can't hug for just the heck of hugging I need to feel okay with you. I have one friend who I have known since I was 4/5 so I will actively hug her. But very few other people.

Kissing is odd. I have only had 3 experiences of it and the first one was dire. The second two have been with someone I actually like and know. I'm in the situation where I want to kiss him, and I enjoy the build up of that. I'm still not convinced that the actual act of kissing is enjoyable, I mostly just think its odd. I don't know if this is going to make sense, but I think I like doing it because he likes doing and that makes me want to do it even if I don't actually like the actual act of kissing.

I will only hug someone if I have known them for awhile and are comfortable enough to hug them. I hate the concept that you should hug family members, friends, etc. No one should be forced to do what they don't feel comfortable doing. I may not hug you, but I will fist bump the hell out of you.

I used to be really awkward about hugs, but then again I used to be really awkward about all forms of physical contact. Now I love hugs, as long as I know the person I'm hugging and it's not one of my brothers. As for kissing, I'm fine with kisses on the cheek (with people I really trust). As for kisses on the lips (lips, not any more of the mouth!), I have no actual experience but I am okay with it in theory, provided it's someone I'm very romantically close to or if it's for theater and neither of us place any personal importance on it.

I'm not big on hugs and kisses. One of my friends used to shake my hand instead of hug because she knew they made me kind of uncomfortable. I guess hugs can be good if I'm really, really close with someone and I feel really comfortable around them. I've kissed people before without too much of an issue, the last time someone tried to kiss me though, I gagged even though I really liked him.

Yeah, I only hug people that I really like, and they usually have to be my kind of person (and share some fundamental views with me). Otherwise, I'm not a hugger. Almost all of my family (made up of, like, 34 people) is anti-LGBT, except for two. For some reason that plays a part in whether I want to hug someone. Otherwise, I just feel awkward and avoid physical contact altogether.

As far as kissing goes- It's sort of the same as hugging, with the added stipulation that I actually have to be romantically attracted to them as well.

I don't personally like hugs or kisses but I've learned to hug my friends and mom if they really need it. I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who can't take hugs from mom!! I feel very awkward and always try to hide myself if my mom wants to hug or kiss me and she just takes it as a joke so I'm glad she doesn't take it too seriously and get sad. And if I'm sad etc I don't really need hugs or any kind of touch lol and what comes to kissing, I suppose it's nice if in a relationship it doesn't happen too often tho..

I love hugs. I have even hugged total strangers. It took me awhile to get used to hugs because I thought they could be misconstrued as romantic and I'm aro, but when I decided they weren't romantic, I grew to really like them. I don't initiate hugs much unless I know someone likes hugs, though.

Kisses, however, I DO NOT like. Even if it's between family members. It doesn't matter if I'm getting a kiss or giving a kiss, which I only do if someone asks for one (my relatives have been known to do that). I don't even particularly like kisses from cats, even though I love cats. Fortunately, I have avoided mouth kisses so far, but I hate all other kinds of kisses, so I'm guessing I would hate those as well.

I'm curious how you guys feel about other forms of contact. I like cuddling with friends and even sometimes people I just met, in certain settings. However, I do not like massages of any kind. I don't dislike them nearly as much as I dislike kisses, but still, they either do nothing for me or they hurt. Sometimes they really hurt. So I try to avoid them.

I've never kissed anyone, nor have I really felt inclined to either, so I can't really comment on that. Hugs I much rather avoid from most people, but there are sometimes some people I would like them from.

I love hugs, from the right people. I'm love affection, of the right sort.

Kissing, well, I can deal with if it's just a peck on the cheek, or lips touching. I severely hate anything that involves tongues though. I really never could find that appealing.

im a bit of a shy character....

i struggle to hug... even family... recently ive had to tell them this.... bloody scary stuff...

as for kissing.. for me its the least sexy thing in the world.., putting the tongue in... eww... nope...

even after being in a relationship for 13 years... kissing was a no-no for me... sadly it was my partners #1 turn on.

amazing what we would do but with no kissing, so for the partner... no intimacy.

um so in answer.... hugs are ok... if im feeling the need for closeness... but kissing... well... so far ugh... no way..

revlon....

glitter_and_gold

I think this is something everyone will have different thoughts/feelings about, because everyone is different. For me, personally, I don't mind hugs or cuddling (I should probably note that while asexual, I am hetero-romantic). However as far as kissing goes, it's not something I'm particularly crazy about. I just don't understand why people get so much out of it. Even as someone who experiences romantic feelings, I don't understand the appeal in kissing someone, but to each their own. As I said, everyone is different so everyone will have different preferences.

I don't really understand kissing...

But I love cuddles!!!!! Sadly I don't usually get to cuddle or hug people vary often.... I'm kinda tall and scary aperently until I get to know people. Most of my friends are ok with occasional hugs but I never get to cuddle. Though one of my friends is practically a cat. She'll literally go up to you and nuzzle her head into your shoulder. Lol. I was really agenst hugs for a long time due to trust issues but at the moment I'm cool with it. :)

I have no problems with hugs.

I find kissing to be gross. You cannot breathe and saliva is nasty. Also, you can get cold sores (i.e. mouth herpes) from it. I don't find it that appealing at all.

I used to be uncomfortable with hugs, but since I started on Lexapro for anxiety, I like hugs. Kissing is okay, but I've just done quick kisses, so I don't know how I'd feel about longer kissing.

Hugs? Yes! I'd hug everyone if I could.

Cuddles? Only some people, if I feel safe and secure with them.

Kisses? I'll happily receive them, but don't ask me for them.

Hugs- I hug my family and my friends. I've never been in a relationship and I'm not sure how I would be with Hugs in that context Kisses- No desire to ever kiss anyone romantically or to be kissed. The idea has always grossed me out

Hugs are the best. It's a stress relief for me and I love giving hugs to people.

However when it comes to kisses, I've always thought it was a bit over the line for me. I never experienced the whole "lets make-out" phase and personally find the whole thing a bit repulsive. I guess I have to trust the person to really give in to a kiss.

Interesting to see that there's an overall connection to kisses being seen as a intimate thing - close to a sexual act.