How do you feel about hugs and kisses?

I do love hugs, but I need to feel connected before I can hug a person. The same goes for kisses, but kisses are surely for the special person only.

Lizzytreble13

I love cuddling! Hugs are fantastic! And I kind of like kissing, but only if I feel incredibly comfortable and safe with someone.

Conscientious Ghost

Consensual hugs feel like the three homey blankets I curl up in. A sense of security wraps around my body.
Kisses on the other hand feel like a marshmallow squashed on my face. A sense of discomfort floods my body.

In short hugs are a yes, kisses are a no.

I'm 39 never been kissed and never want to be

I don't like hugs either just never have

Kissing is something I don't want or have to do

I personally don't get why people want to do it

I don't ! Don't have to or have to want to

People have gotten me so wrong implying to me that I secretly want to and want me to think I do I've never given them indication I secretly did

There is no secret that I openly don't geez !!

I don't want to be kissed on the mouth . Accept that and get over it society. !!

I don't like it, so I shut my mind off whenever I must do it in those ackward situations where it would be socially unacceptable to NOT do it.

Ill hug any provided they have good hygiene and kisses are good if we are involved / dating as its actually fun and sensual ^^

I love hugs but only with people whom I share a strong bond with. And I like kissing, but without a tongue please :)

I like hugs from a partner or very close friends only. Kisses, only from a partner, or occasionally a kiss on the cheek or the forehead of a very close friend, but that's all.

As I'm hypersensitive to touch, I let only very close persons touching me. With others, it's just physically painful to me so I don't do it unless if politeness absolutely requires it.

I REALLY love giving/recieving hugs and I'll kiss people I really care about on the top of their head (if I know if they're ok with that) but no thanks to kisses anywhere close to my mouth.

YellowElephant

Hugs used to be really awkward for me because I couldn't figure out where to put my arms and so I'd tense up and hold my breath. But I read a couple wikihow articles on how to hug (sad I know! :p ) and I suffered through a couple more terribly awkward hugs until I got the hang of it. Now I actually adore hugs and seek them out whenever I can.

Kissing though? Never tried it, I don't know how I feel about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Death-Fairy01

I'm kind of on the fence with all kinds of physical touches. I generally don't mind hugs and the like from people I feel close or connected to. But there are times when I really, really don't want to be touched in any way at all. And kisses=no. Just, no. I'm pretty much the most comfortable with any touch that I take it upon myself to initiate.

Hugs are good. :) As long as they come from the right people. Anyone I'm really close to is fine. Not so much from people I hardly know, and absolutely not from strangers!

Kissing? No thanks!

I'm a touch-freak. I don't like touching other people or them touching me. I get crawly even shaking hands with people, and that's something I have to do on a daily basis. That sid though, there are times when I wish I had a hug. Probably a result of not getting many when I was a kid, but I try to ignore the feeling when it comes about. I don't like kissing at all though. Ick. The human mouth is a filty sewer of germs.

I'm pretty obsessed with hugging. I love affection in general. I actually get very irritable and tense if I havent been touched in a while. If you're my friend, I'll probably hug you all the time, hold your hand, play with your hair, etc. I used to severely hate kissing but I've grown to like it a lot with my boyfriend unless he gets tongue-y (ick!) but it took a long time for me to actually really like it. At first I was a little indifferent. I also like kissing friends on their forehead and cheeks if I'm in a really good mood.

They aren't for me lol! Well, I've never kissed anyone (non-family) so I can't say about that...but the thought of it makes me cringe lol. And as for hugging, I love hugging my mom! And stuffed animals! And pets! And people online! Buuut hugging people IRL makes me really uncomfortable. I tolerate it with close friends. I'd consider myself asensual or gray-asensual or demisensual...or something. I'm a handshake kind of person haaa. When I went to my friend's party, and her other friends arrived, they were all hugging, and I wanted to stick my hand out and shake theirs. :P They actually ignored me for the most part, which was fine as I didn't have to hug them.

Surprisingly, my current partner is the only person I have ever been comfortable hugging. I'm not even comfortable hugging my parents/relatives. Guess its just a preference :blush:

I love hugs, but only from people I feel comfortable around--my friends, family members I like, and family friends I trust. I only really can handle forehead kisses or on the cheek or 'eskimo' kisses, that's as intimate as I get, and even then that's not something I would consider romantic per say.

I love hugs, not kisses, unless they're family. and even then mostly just my mom on the cheek. :P

cheeringselenator

I'm not an overly touchy feely person. I only will give my family or my close friends a hug. Hugging people I barely know just seems weird. Even when I'm hugging my family they will tease me, because I give like this one armed hug thing lol.

I myself I have never hugged or kissed anyones.

Hugging and kissing just were not used in my childhood and child home.

Therefore I learned to live with that those socially habits didnt exist. You know, when children dont see habits, they have not any ideas of that they exist.

My first hug that I got, was a girl friend, she said she liked me and put her arms around my shoulders and back and, yes, it is called a hug. She did it one more time.

But I felt it not comfortable for me, because I did not ask her, she just "hugged" me.

Many years later in another place, a nurse I knew a Little from a hospital, she did the same, put her one arm around my shoulder and pressed my back. It was a half hug.

Oh well ! These was very sadning experiences for me.

Today I dont like that people on the street and in restaurants and cafe´s and people in the same room as me, whereever it can be, are hugging and kissing with each other.

In Denmark hugging and kissing in public are very common. In fact, every day, you can see those people here in Denmark.

Those people make me shy and not comfortable, I want to get away from their privacy and I usually leave the room or go to another street if I am able, of course, but often it is in that way, that I can walk away.

But okay ! In relation to violence for example between humans. That is physically violence between humans.

Then I preferr very, very much that people are hugging and kissing in my presence.

I feel nothing good by watching people hugging and kissing.

Many people dont accept that. And as far as I know, I have many enemies on that "account"!

I have been asexual all my life. And I have never had friends.

I've never had any friends either. My parents abandoned me very young, so what you say is true...

I loath hugs, to be quite honest. They just make me incredibly uncomfortable.

As for kisses, I don't know. I've never kissed anyone romantically and I can't remember my parents giving me goodnight kisses or whatever.

My family have always been touchy-feely.... you feeling down or upset or just not right? Have some tea and a hug (or even just sitting enxt to you ont he sofa as a form of moral support). I guess I grew up with that and get that. As a sign of friendship or familial love & support I am all for hugs and cheek/forehead kisses. I will even offer hugs to upset friends & family members if required (I also offer tea, I'm not completely uncouth ;) ). From that p.o.v. I'm all for human contact to lift up spirits.

As a form of romance though I will avoid them like the plague. Not happening, very uncomfortable - mitts off and back away!! I see a vast chasm of difference between hugs from close friends & family members and those between parties that may harbour more romantically inclined feelings in those hugs..... very off-putting.

I love hugs from my family, but friend hugs always used to creep me out. Over the years I've desensitized myself to them in an effort of being perceived as more "social." They don't bother me as much as they used to. Pretty much feel the same about kisses.

It has to be the right person and I have to be in the right mood for it. I have moments when even people I love hugging make me feel really uncomfortable which is hard to explain to them.