How do you feel about hugs and kisses?

Hugs I can be 100% fine with. Infact with friends I often do one of those hand clasp half hugs (which you'd see athlets do at end of games sometimes). I'm cool with normal hugs too.

As for kissing, I don't mind friendly pecks on the cheek as a greeting or goodbye. Would normally only do it to women though, and never another man (though depending on the situation might be ok with a peck from a man). Not into romantic kissing though (no suprise as I'm aro).

I'm weird with hugs. Even if it's with family. I stiffen up, don't react right away, try to hug back in an awkward way, and if it goes unusually long I kind of freak out mentally. I usually don't think about hugging others. I've tried to be better about them, because there are certain times where people really might need one. Also, those certain times can be nice to receive them. When my mom passed away, everyone kept hugging me. Even people I barely knew. It did feel nice after a while, but still awkward. Normally, I like my personal bubble.

Kissing is strange to me, too. I'm somewhat ok with kissing on the cheeks as a greeting. (It can be a common thing in my culture.) I've had men force kiss me on the lips, and that was not pleasant. My ex boyfriend's first kiss on my lips was bruising, and I nearly fell over. It was like he was trying to mawl me. I got somewhat more used to the 'normal' kisses on the lips, but they always felt awkward.

Hugs from best friends or my family are good. A hug from my boyfriend, amazing. :P

I finally had my first kiss at the beginning of this month and I find them cute, but nothing to die from amazement about. Is it weird that I actually prefer making out? I just love the feeling when my boyfriend adds some passion into the kiss. :3

I'm not a big fan of hugs and kisses. When I was a kid I used to tolerate them, but now I mostly try to avoid them at all costs. I think it's probably because I just can't stand anyone in my bubble, I'm a big fan of personal space. There are always times when I can't escape a hug without seeming rude, so for the most part I try to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Hugs are fine, kisses... I've never really been in a relationship that included kissing (besides non-romantic familiy stuff), but from the experience I've had... not so much.

Luftschlosseule

Hugs are okay when you ask beforehand. Non-verbally asking is okay, but I hate it when people assume they have the right to hug you because they like to hug when they say hello or because you have the same last name. I decide what I do with my body, and I have enough of being hugged without consent.

Kisses... nobody tried to kiss me for a long time, which is good.

Also, do you know how exhausting large family meetings are when some people are french and greet everyone with kisses? We had a big family meeting a few years ago and had to greet everybody in the midday heat, in the sun, because hello sun! After the first round I decided that it's easier to be seen as a grumpy teenager and sat in the shade and waved my hand.

I wouldn't have minded a kiss from the pets, but they were shy because of this huge amount of strange people.

• 2 months later...

I like hugs, I like giving and receiving them. With people I don't know well, its more of a "Nice meeting you" hug but I do enjoy it. With people I'm close wit I don't mind random hugs for no reason. As with kissing, I don't have any experience but I would really like to have the experience and have always wanted to kiss someone. But I cannot kiss just any person. I'm a sensual asexual, so I think I might enjoy kissing, just the tongue part seems a little gross.

Hugs? YES!!!

Kissing? In general? Eh. On the lips? Ugh. Ew. How about no.

I freely admit to being a hugger, it's part of my way of telling the other person that I care about them.  Kissing on the cheek can be okay, but on the lips I just find totally gross.

Hugs: depends on who it is. Straight males seemed way too into hugging me in college.

Kisses: I enjoy kissing my partner. A few people in my life do that European cheek kissing thing because they are foreign. That took a while to get used to to. My mom kisses my cheek or forehead if she can reach haha.

Hugs: I'm fine with hugs from close family, relatives, and "bros." With women I don't know, I sometimes have issues. The only hugs I really get from acquaintances have been those hugs that feel like you're being teased or put down cause you're the serious, prudish, "virgin" dude. I'm asexual but it kinda pisses me off when someone tries to get close just to get a rise (no sex joke intended) out of me.

Kisses: Rarely happens anymore with family cause I'm 22 yo. Never kissed someone other than family in my life cause I haven't had any romantic relationships (I pretty much identify as aromantic). It's still kind of uncomfortable with family.

TL;DR I got some issues with physical contact :( I wouldn't have a problem with it if I really loved the other person or if I needed to comfort someone. Thing is, I don't love people in that way. Damn, this is kinda depressing to type in a way </3

Getting hugged by someone else than my best friend does cause a slight feeling of uncertainty, especially if it happens just out of the blue, yet I don't hate hugs. I'd usually be willing to hug my friends but I'm afraid that they wouldn't let me, so I just keep hugging to the minimum. My feelings about physical contact tend to vary quite a lot as well so I can never be completely sure whether I actually like it or not.

The idea of kissing has never tempted me though. To be honest the "exchange of bacteria" doesn't sound like the most comfortable thing for me to do and that's very likely why I don't have any experience either. We'll see how I feel about it once I get some experience though, if I ever am brave enough to let someone that close. 

On 1/14/2015 at 1:00 AM, kami_80 said:

I am wondering if there are asexuals who feel weird about hugs and kisses? I never realized this until my mother told me, but she said that it seemed like whenever people gave me hugs or kisses, I seemed pretty repulsed by it. I never felt this way consciously, but the more I think about it, I am not very crazy about such physical contact.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I'm only comfortable with people touching me if I know them very well.  So if someone I'm not close to touches me in any way it makes me very uncomfortable. Not a fan of even things like getting a haircut etc. Just glad I don't live in one of those countries where people commonly do the hug/cheek kiss thing when they meet. I couldn't handle that. I guess I have a mild touch phobia.  If it's someone I'm really close to hugging is okay.

For kissing it can be nice for the first couple times with someone I really like. But it gets old pretty fast for me and I get bored with it. Don't like a long face-sucking session, just not in to that and don't understand what people see in it. 

Glorious Porpoise

I love hugs, so long as I'm in the right mood. Sometimes I just want avoid physical contact but other times I go find someone that would accept a hug.

I personally don't like kissing. I find it awkward and unpleasant. I didn't like having my face that close to someone else's and when I tried open mouth kissing it felt pretty gross to me. Admittedly it was both of our first time trying open mouth so my friends are convinced that we did it wrong and that he's just managed to put me off, although I don't even like the idea of it.

In theory, I think I'd like hugs.  I've never really been hugged by anyone.  I mean my extended family sort of hugs me when I attend a family gathering, but it's not a real hug. It kind of reminds me of the way in movies the upper class hugs and kisses family members.

Kissing I'm going to say no to, but again, I'm not really sure.  I was only ever kissed once (french) back in high school.  I didn't find anything pleasurable about it.  But it might have just been the person that I was kissing.

It took me a long time to be ok with hugging. My school friends would hug each other alot so I eventually got used to it I guess. I still find hugs kind of weird and uncomfortable but that might just be because I'm not very used to them. I never initiate hugs so I don't get many.

I find kissing strange and I don't like the idea of it. I've never actually kissed anyone though so I don't really know if I would like it.

I only like hugs and kisses if I initiate it, but only to a select few. I don't like the expectation with family reunions to hug or kiss people hello/goodbye. Since I was a child I've been repulsed to that. I'm not a touchy person unless your my partner or utmost trusted friend, and even then I have to do it first.

biancaboricua13

Don't hug me....as a matter of fact don't touch me unless I have given you written consent or I know you extremely well. Example close family or friend (person that I have been with for a very long time, but since I haven't dated in a while that isn't likely to happen).

Hugs are great.

Kisses are not. Especially not swapping saliva samples. (My SO sometimes does it after asking if he can though)

Also I've realized that not everyone types "hugs and cake" at the end of letters...

I do not need to touched as often as others do, I prefer words and actions more at times.  I only like strong hugs on my terms, as in ask first and see if I am open to it, am not good with ambushes.  I startle very easily.  I only like pecks on the cheek, on the lips, and head; anything with saliva is definitely out.