Call for people willing to be interviewed over Skype

1missgreen5

I'm currently in my senior year of the Swedish equivalent to high school and as my senior project I'm making a documentary about Asexuality. In the documentary I will bring up things like the different spectrums and attractions, how it is to live in today's society as asexual and how people react to asexuality. This documentary will then be the source of a discussion held at my school where I wish to enlighten people and let them see another side of society, relationships, love and sex.

However, in order to make this as good as possible I could really use some interviews with people all around AVEN. I feel like there's so much variety within the asexual community so it would be nice to be able to portray that in my documentary as well.

In short, if you have any connection to the asexual community (which I'm assuming everybody here has), I would love to interview you :)

The questions I will be asking to asexuals in the interview are:

* How is it to live in today's society as asexual?

* What was it like before you found out that you are asexual?

* How did you come to terms with your asexuality and how has it affected you?

* Are you out? Why not/How did they react?

* Is there something you would like to tell allosexuals regarding asexuality? (something they should think about/learn/keep in mind)

* What do you think we need to do to stop the prejudice towards asexuals?

If there are questions you don't want to answer then you obviously don't need to answer them. And for people on this site who are not asexual who are willing to be interviewed, we will talk about your connection to asexuality.

I was thinking that the interviews could be over Skype but if you have another suggestion I'd be happy to hear it. If you are interested you can comment below and/or message me here on AVEN.

Thank you :)

Update: Thank you all so much for helping me with my project and thank you to everyone who wants to participate. However, I do not need any more interviews right now. Regarding me posting the finished product so you all can see it; I first have to make sure that everybody who is in the documentary is okay with me posting it somewhere, so we'll see.

I can confirm I have spoken to 1missgreen5 and I have every reason to think it will be a good, positive piece of work, which I encourage people to take part in!

I'm down, as long as I can fit it into my schedule!

I'm currently available to be interviewed. I'm not working right now so my schedule is very open and flexible. I'm a writer myself, and I love collaboration, so I would be happy to help you with your project. ;)

i'm totally in!

Thank you so much everyone :)

The best time for me to talk to you would be this week throughout and up until friday next week (because my parents are divorced and one doesn't have very good Internet…) So if we can PM and decide on a time that works for both of us (because of timezones) that would be great.

Please add my name to the list of potential people for this interview.

crazypimpernelfan

I would be interested in participating in the interview! :) However, I won't exactly be able to do it over Skype (I won't have much access to Skype for a long while). Could I possibly PM you about some other alternative ways for me to participate?

Interested too. Sending you a PM about it :)

This sounds like a great project! I'd be more than willing to help :)

I have a Skype account and would also like to participate if you still need people.

I would also like to see the completed project once you have finished it and presented it, and when you have the time.

If you need/want more people I'd be glad to participate. I agree, you should post the finished product for us to see too!

Good luck :)

I would love to take part in it as well if you need another ace to talk with. I have Skype and I also can use Google+ Hangouts for a video call. My schedule is pretty open with plenty of time. Once you're done I'd love to see the finished product. :D

I would be willing to, should I PM you? Also is there a way you could blur my face when you present it? I dont know if I'd be comfortable with being on camera like that when I'm not "out"... ^_^

I'd be willing to participate, if you're still looking for participants. PM me with details if you'd like me for it :)

I would also be willing to participate, I think. PM me with the details and I can gather my courage and send my Skype information and stuff :)

If you are still looking for people to interview, I can give you my Skype name and set up a time. I would not be able to chat until next week, though.

The Ace Otaku

I'm up for this if you want me , you can PM me and I'll give you my skype, though I can only do after 5pm GMT and no Thursdays

I'd be more than happy to be interviewed if you're still looking for participants, just drop me a PM! :)

This looks super cool! Would love to do it. PM me, and since I rarely sleep, I'll probably be available a lot for you. ^^

iamphoenixfire

I would be totally open to this! Are gray-a's and demi's allowed to be interviwed as well?????

The key thing thought would be finding a time to be interviewed that works for the both of us, but im sure we could find some time

I am also interested. Should I just PM you my skype name???

Archived