Anyone ever feel Cuddle Lust?

Wyrmcraft

So, sometimes I get this incredible NEED for cuddles. It doesn't just feel physical, it gets in my brain and makes my emotions all wonky. It does not feel like a want, nor is it something I can keep down, it is a NEED and very overwhelming feeling. Especially when it realizes it cannot be fullfilled, then it becomes just this huge bout of negative feelings and thoughts and this kind of hollow empty feeling begging for more cuddles.

I would honestly do nothing but cuddle and sleep if I had the option. So maybe it is just me, but it feels in a way like how I imagine sexual lust would feel like, but only for cuddles. Lots of cuddles. Cuddles all the time.

Anyone else feel cuddle lust?

iamphoenixfire

SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS.

Yes, I feel this a lot.

Ricecream-man

Mhm, hell that was the only part I liked about all the stuff I did before I realized aceness was a thing.

I understand this so much. I get all cranky when I can't get my cuddles and the need only increases until someone gives me at least a long and nice hug.

I have felt this way all of my life, but I was constantly afraid to try and seek out that kind of contact because I feared I would be expected to have sex, especially if the person was male.

I've definitely felt this. I've felt 'cuddle lust' that was directed towards a specific other person, and I've also felt 'cuddle libido' where I had a desperate desire for cuddles in general.

Ricecream-man

I usually just go with the term cuddle horny. Vulgar I know but it just feels right.

I usually just go with the term cuddle horny. Vulgar I know but it just feels right.

It's making hardcore giggle actually.

I often feel this cuddle lust, but more often than not it is directed at a certain person. Sometimes I'll cuddle my cat or a stuffed animal, but it isn't the same. Something about another person's warmth is just so comforting..

PurpleKoolaid

lmao, "cuddlelust" haha

occasionally i would get this on buses to/from lectures to just reach out and cuddle with other random students haha..i've now stopped taking the bus :P

Ricecream-man

lmao, "cuddlelust" haha

occasionally i would get this on buses to/from lectures to just reach out and cuddle with other random students haha..i've now stopped taking the bus :P

Who knows, they might have appreciated it :P

Yes, definitely! Especially when you find that nice someone who will cuddle with you and maybe go get something to eat with you once in a while but is mainly just your go-to for cuddling and that's what your hang-outs are about, haha. And you can just quietly cuddle, maybe listen to music, maybe talk a little bit. Just complete comfort and satisfaction of the cuddle-lust. Ahhhh. ^_^

It's a joke between my boyface and I.

Me: you know what I could go for?

Him: Cuddles.

Me: Yes!

Him: But you could always go for cuddles!

Moving this thread from the Gray Area to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

Naosuu, The Gray Area Moderator

Ooooooh, yes! My body craves physical affection, namely cuddles and hand holding, but I go very long periods at a time of not having much affection at all. I'm essentially a "cuddle camel", storing up what affection I can get at a time, knowing it will be months on end before more come along.

LeaveOnYourColours

Yeah... :(

Boyfriend lives 1700 miles away which makes for an issue sometimes with my cuddle-lust. I used to cuddle with friends but my bf told me he hadn't cuddled anyone since we met three months ago so I had to make it fair. No cuddles for me for another 2 months.

However I have cuddled a couple of people because they initiated. Then I'm just like ahhhhhhhh oh my gosh this feels freakin amazing :D

Grace Barton

I prefer to think of it as intense cuddle cravings than cuddle lust... but yes, the description fits perfectly. Particularly the hollow and empty feeling when the cuddle craving isn't satisfied.

The only people I can cuddle without feeling uncomfortable are my parents, one of whom I see once a week and the other once every few weeks. So I am a regular sufferer of the 'cuddle lust'. When my dad (seen every few weeks) comes over I always instigate a hug and try to hold it for as long as possible in the hope of burning the feeling of it into my memory or my body, but that feeling is forgotten as soon as it's over. :(

I don't feel comfortable hugging/being held by anyone else, and any form of unnecessary touch sets me on edge, even when the cuddle cravings are in motion.

Ricecream-man

I prefer to think of it as intense cuddle cravings than cuddle lust... but yes, the description fits perfectly. Particularly the hollow and empty feeling when the cuddle craving isn't satisfied.

The only people I can cuddle without feeling uncomfortable are my parents, one of whom I see once a week and the other once every few weeks. So I am a regular sufferer of the 'cuddle lust'. When my dad (seen every few weeks) comes over I always instigate a hug and try to hold it for as long as possible in the hope of burning the feeling of it into my memory or my body, but that feeling is forgotten as soon as it's over. :(

I don't feel comfortable hugging/being held by anyone else, and any form of unnecessary touch sets me on edge, even when the cuddle cravings are in motion.

Aww :(

Not even massages?

byanyotherusername

I usually call this being "touch-starved". While cuddles are great, when I feel this way it's mostly just human contact in general that I really need. A hug, hand hold, massage, etc. could suffice. I do sometimes get cravings for cuddling specifically though, as well as occasionally craving other oddly specific types of touch. Recently I had my hair up and suddenly felt a really strong desire for someone to kiss the back of my neck, haha. Similarly, for a while after I stopped working at a daycare I would feel the random desire to hold a toddler. XD

Stained Glass

I call it cuddle cravings XD

BUT I TOTALLY RELATE :cake:

Ricecream-man

I call it cuddle cravings XD

BUT I TOTALLY RELATE :cake:

Haha this is a much cuter term, I like it

I usually call this being "touch-starved". While cuddles are great, when I feel this way it's mostly just human contact in general that I really need. A hug, hand hold, massage, etc. could suffice. I do sometimes get cravings for cuddling specifically though, as well as occasionally craving other oddly specific types of touch. Recently I had my hair up and suddenly felt a really strong desire for someone to kiss the back of my neck, haha. Similarly, for a while after I stopped working at a daycare I would feel the random desire to hold a toddler. XD

Oh, I get like that too. Oddly enough I have "touch-starved" and "cuddle cravings" that seem to have different thresholds. xD

So, sometimes I get this incredible NEED for cuddles. It doesn't just feel physical, it gets in my brain and makes my emotions all wonky. It does not feel like a want, nor is it something I can keep down, it is a NEED and very overwhelming feeling. Especially when it realizes it cannot be fullfilled, then it becomes just this huge bout of negative feelings and thoughts and this kind of hollow empty feeling begging for more cuddles.

I would honestly do nothing but cuddle and sleep if I had the option. So maybe it is just me, but it feels in a way like how I imagine sexual lust would feel like, but only for cuddles. Lots of cuddles. Cuddles all the time.

Anyone else feel cuddle lust?

Yes, I get that way too, although it's usually pretty rare for me. Like one of the posts a few up I call it a "cuddle craving". My problem is that there aren't a lot of people I'd feel comfortable with to resolve the craving so I usually just get to feel miserable for a bit. >.>

Grace Barton

Not even massages?

Not even that... :( I did go for a full-body massage at a spa once, but I didn't really enjoy it.

Ricecream-man

Not even massages?

Not even that... :( I did go for a full-body massage at a spa once, but I didn't really enjoy it.

Hmm how about when it's non human touch? For instance hot rocks or a massage chair.

Let me know if I'm getting too much

AwkwardAntelope

I used to have this feel pretty often, though it wasn't directed at an individual. Just a general feeling. It's kind of the same feeling I get when I see a big red button. I just have to push it. Gotta push the button. Gotta push the button. But I can't push the button. *commence wallowing*

I wouldn't call it "lust" but I definitely place a high value on touch as gestures of affection. When I want to cuddle something, I channel my inner Elmira and cuddle one of my kitties. Said kitties either complain and do nothing or curl up and purr a bit.

That's why I identify as a "romantic." --- love of touch, cuddles, hugging, kissing.

However, I don't think I'd feel comfortable cuddling with a stranger or a woman with whom I wasn't involved romantically.

But I do love hugs from most people. My biological family isn't at all touchy though, so it feels awkward even initiating hugs with them. My sister for example, does the "pat pat on the back" style of hug. Some people just aren't very physically touchy.

I love cuddles!! I crave them but only from the people who have broken through my "don't touch me" wall first. Mainly my two dearest friends... Sadly I want cuddles a lot and languish without them but my two cuddle buddies are so far away... :(

Archived