I'm creating an asexuality quiz!

butterscotchwm

EmpatheticBadass

Wow! How this helped me! The questions seemed really well thought through, and obviously the rest of you also thought so. The idea of being asexual is new to me, and I've been struggling with it the last months... I already came to the conclusion that I was gray ( and scored 102) but guess what, I also scored 82 on asexual... Okay. From today I'm proud to call myself an ace and I no longer feel like a hoax! :)

butterscotchwm

Took it again after it'd been changed. My grey-a score is still the highest, but it went from 97 to 129. My demi and asexual scores switched places; first time, demi was 40 and asexual was 10, now demi is 10 and asexual is 40. Lithsexual and allosexual still came out at 10.

A4F96790-1C88-45E4-BB4D-FE8103D0FE16.png

Ok, cool! So do you think these results are more accurate now? Please let me know!

I found the quiz very interesting, I got the right answer.

There is just one thing that you may want to change : not everyone experiences aesthetic attraction to strangers or celebrities (I'm one if these persons, I can't say if someone is cute or looks attractive in general), or even aesthetic attraction at all. Question 1 was a little bit hard to answer accurately for me, so I answered F.

Ah... ok, well that's why I put the chicken wings option because that was basically there to say "I don't care!" :)

butterscotchwm

I took the test again, this time got 160 asexual; 40 grey; 10 lith; 5 demi; -40 (lol) sexual. :)

there were a few "wording" things I think could change. I'll put some thoughts I have in spoiler tags, in case you want some tips or something.. not that my thoughts are best lol :)

in question 1

I did see that the question would count answer F as "I just don't see other people as attractive" but either the question should be phrased differently or the answer should be changed so that it's a little more clear that it's ok to answer that you don't personally think the person is attractive:

for the question, maybe rephrase it to "You meet someone physically attracted... How do you usually feel?"

then I'm thinking, have an answer along the line "Well, I can certainly see that they may be attractive to others, but I don't feel anything different or special towards them otherwise"

and then have a second answer along the line of "wait you think this person is attractive?" or "I don't really notice that people are attractive" or "I've never been in such a scenario actually, I'm clueless as to who is attractive and who isn't"

for question 2,

I chose "I'm not interested in any kind of partnership, thanks" and I really like that answer being there, it's a very good answer to have. but I'm actually somewhere in between... I'm neither romantically nor sexually interested in people, but I do want a partnership "someday", so I'd be interested in also seeing an answer along the line of "well that's ok, I like being with them for other reasons" or "I'm a little uncomfortable that this person is being so intimate" (I'm not really sure if either of those examples are that good tho). Basically, something in between "I could roll with it" (also a great answer, just not for me) and "I'm not interested in any kind of partnership", because I'm not enthusiastic about starting a relationship, but "play along" to see if I'm comfortable being with them, until either it's clear it wouldn't work out or until I feel completely comfortable being in a partnership with them. I am sort of the reverse-lith, that I like the idea of someone being attracted to me in some way, but it's scary because I don't feel the attraction back. I would be in a relationship either because the person really wants me no matter what, or because it's some sort of strong friendship that develops over time to a more committed friendship.

for question 5,

I'm unsure if it's really wise to have "traumatic" in there, because it may be an unecessary trigger word.. I might say "I might have experiences to share and things to talk about. But they were not very exciting to me, or made me feel uncomfortable/unsafe ."

for question 11,

well I think there should be one more answer to choose... something along the line of "I'm not really sure WHAT sexual attraction is, so I can't really agree or disagree lol"... and it makes me a bit uncomfortable that that question "is heavily graded heavily" too...

Ok... these are all good, but I think I'm going to try to find a way to simplify most of these because I don't want to end up with like 20 answers per question :) The traumatic thing was actually suggested by someone else, so obviously we're going to get people who agree and disagree with certain questions... I'll do the best I can.

Sage Raven Domino

Ace 102

Grey 39

Lith 32

Demi 2

Allo -45

The breakdown of my answers (note that the 'N/A or not sure' option was already present when I was giving them):

1D, 2A, 3A, 4E, 5B, 6B, 7B, 8B, 9C, 10D, 11E, 12B

(sorry, OP, I've learned nothing new, but thanks anyway for making the quiz).

butterscotchwm

HEY GUYS!

So I added a new option for many of the questions that just says "N/A or Not sure." It's worth 0 points, so if you don't like any of the answers and you just want to skip the question, you can just choose that one.

I have a suggestion that you can totally ignore. For the question about what is necessary for you in a relationship... I didn't feel like I had a proper answer amongst the list. I suggest putting "romantic love" as one of the options. For me personally, that's the one thing I think a romantic partnership absolutely should have.

I retook it and got:

Sexual: 90

Grey: 22

Demi: 17

lith: 2

Asexual: -8

Looks good Butters!!!

I was on my phone and a few times accidentally hit the wrong answer and it automatically loaded before I even got a chance to read the other options *sob*. I don't think my results were entirely correct as my result was almost entirely asexual (just one big blue line) and all the others (Gray etc) were in the minus side of the scale (in red) EDIT: I also didn't actually get to read the numbers before I accidentally hit "back" so all I got to see was the big line for asexual and the little red lines on the opposite side, without actually seeing what the numbers were).. however I am very kinky, love talking about and discussing sex etc (just have no desire to actually have it) so I'd be surprised if I do the test again properly on my comp and get a result anything like the one I just got haha (even though I do identify as Asexual) I'll do it again again on my comp when I get home, and edit this reply with my non-skewed results and my opinions on the test itself etc :)

You've done a very good job :D

I'm asexual in the result and I'm happy with it. The questions were understandable to me.

I kind of liked how you mentioned that

"the top result is the one you most likely are. The second or third one may or may not be a better fit for you..."

I really enjoyed it, the work you put in there is awesome ^~^

Skippy Squirrel

Thoughts so far:

Question 8: Partnered sex (to you) is...

My honest answer: Something I absolutely do not want to get involved in at all.

Even the closest answer about partnered sex being some kind of club where I don't see what the hype is sounded too neutral for me.

I also had some initial difficulties with questions 4 and 5 but found an answer for each that fit closely enough that I'm not too bothered about not getting an exactly matching answer.

Oh, and one more thing. How come, when you write down percentages, you put the percent sign before the number? I thought it was supposed to go after the number.

I took the test again... (I'm a demisexual close to asexual)

Demisexual 148

Lithsexual 50

Asexual 50

Grey-A 22

Allosexual 5

Q1 - F

Q2 - D

Q3 - E

Q4 - C

Q5 - B

Q6 - D

Q7 - B

Q8 - C

Q9 - E

Q10 - C

Q11 - C

Q12 - E

I'm surprised to have such a high score for "lithsexual", because I'm really not lithsexual at all :huh: I'm also surprised to not have a higher score for "grey-A". As for the 5 points in "allosexual", I guess that's my answer at Q6 (sexual innuendos) :lol:

Notte stellata

My result (with the revised version):

Asexual: 50

Demi: 50

Grey: 23

Lith: 10

Sexual: 5

I think the original version gave me a more accurate result (with a much higher score - 90+ I think - for asexual, followed by grey-a). I changed a few answers when taking it again, but didn't expect the result to change so much.

For question 4 "What if you were to die a virgin?", the closest option for me is "Maybe I would have missed out on something. But if my life was fulfilling in other ways, then that would make up for it!". But it's only because I'd be curious to try sex at least once, not because I desire it for its own sake.

For question 7 about what a good partnered relationship has to have, I think the first three options (the ability to be strong friends, trust and good communication, an initially developed emotional bond) have a lot of overlap. I'm curious how each of them is graded. For me they're all pretty similar (I chose the first because I think it includes the other two).

Oh, and one more thing. How come, when you write down percentages, you put the percent sign before the number? I thought it was supposed to go after the number.

i think it's a generally a language/nationality thing but i could be wrong (in this case or in general, haha)

I got Ace ^_^

It may be helpful to put the definition of sexual attraction used for the quiz on there because it could mean different things to different people :blush:

I like how you added how it wasn't a diagnosis and only you can know your true orientation :P

butterscotchwm

I'm surprised to have such a high score for "lithsexual", because I'm really not lithsexual at all :huh: I'm also surprised to not have a higher score for "grey-A". As for the 5 points in "allosexual", I guess that's my answer at Q6 (sexual innuendos) :lol:

Thanks for taking the test! If you would like to know why you scored for lithsexual, please read the first post of this forum! It explains how the quiz works, and why you might get, for example, 50pts for a result that you don't identify as at all. Basically, some of the answers give points to more than one orientation, due to the fact that some people might have the same answer for different reasons. The test can't read your mind. So it's just guessing possible results based off of your answers. It's not saying that you're part lith. :)

butterscotchwm

I got Ace ^_^

It may be helpful to put the definition of sexual attraction used for the quiz on there because it could mean different things to different people :blush:

I like how you added how it wasn't a diagnosis and only you can know your true orientation :P

I'm actually not quite convinced that I should, because even for allosexuals, none of them would have the same definition for sexual attraction. As for asexuals, well, "sexual attraction" just isn't a relatable word, or it's just not part of our vocabulary - as it were... That's why I made a question asking what sexual attraction is to you.

Thanks for taking the quiz!

I got Ace ^_^

I'm actually not quite convinced that I should, because even for allosexuals, none of them would have the same definition for sexual attraction. As for asexuals, well, "sexual attraction" just isn't a relatable word, or it's just not part of our vocabulary - as it were... That's why I made a question asking what sexual attraction is to you.

I do agree, I appreciate the question when its specified what is sexual attraction like to you, I was referencing to question 11/12 when it is asked:

How well do you relate to this statement:

"I don't feel sexually attracted to anyone regardless of gender or circumstance"

Is it in reference to how I define it? Do you have a set definition that your grading it on? I was honestly a bit confused and am curious, I don't mean to seem rude. :huh:

Thank you for making the quiz by the way ^_^

I guess I have issues with being asexual in the sense that I find sex jokes funny, I've had sex, and I like to talk to and interact with my non-asexual friends very regularly. I just am... sex averse myself, I don't care about having sex, it does nothing for me, but if it makes my partner happy I'd probably do it. As long as we were clear I'm getting absolutely nothing from it.

Some of the questions don't really have applicable answers for me, but I chose as best I could.

I think I'm somewhere between Ace and.... not Ace (but not Demi or Grey because I don't *want* sex, I just understand it's purpose and have fun with my friends about it).There never seems to be an option for that.

p4duJX4.png

Wow, I think it gave a very accurate result. 292 asexual -- about as high (or low on the sexuality scale) as you can get.

I think this is the best test I've seen. It doesn't try to fool around with other stuff; just focuses on (a)sexuality. :cake: :cake: :cake:

Mr. Quickhands

Took your quiz!

Asexual: +282

Grey: +12

Demi: +7

Lith: +2

Sexual: -50

Oh dear, I always score asexual on these sorts of quizzes, but that's probably the most ace I've scored. Probably because I'm very not sex-repulsed and normally have pretty strong romantic/aesthetic/sensual attraction whenever I experience it (to the point where I very easily pass off as sexual until bedroom stuff... I think), but this quiz zeroed in on sexual attraction and asked questions that isolated for the other forms of attraction. I suppose that's a good thing, then?

All-in-all an enjoyable quiz, thanks!

I suppose one minor thing to be aware of is that you're currently drawing on a portion of the community that already has a pretty fair idea of what "sexual attraction" explicitly means.

I suppose one minor thing to be aware of is that you're currently drawing on a portion of the community that already has a pretty fair idea of what "sexual attraction" explicitly means.

I don't think it's clear what "sexual attraction" means and I think there's a lot of confusion around that phrase.

Check out the discussion here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/104713-defining-asexuality-a-better-definition/?hl=%2Baven+%2Bdefinition#entry1060847034

Asexual = 167

Grey, or Gray Asexual = 15

Demi-Sexual = 5

Lithsexual = 0

Allosexual / Non-Asexual = -65

butterscotchwm

I got Ace ^_^

I do agree, I appreciate the question when its specified what is sexual attraction like to you, I was referencing to question 11/12 when it is asked:

How well do you relate to this statement:

"I don't feel sexually attracted to anyone regardless of gender or circumstance"

Is it in reference to how I define it? Do you have a set definition that your grading it on? I was honestly a bit confused and am curious, I don't mean to seem rude. :huh:

Thank you for making the quiz by the way ^_^

I see your point. No, I don't have a set definition that I'm grading on. Basically if you say that you don't experience sexual attraction, whatever that means to you, the test will grade you closer to asexual. I mean, we all have our own definitions for it, but I'm pretty sure we all kind of know what we mean when we say "sexual attraction." I could link the AVEN wiki pages of sexual attraction / romantic attraction / aesthetic attraction on the actual quiz if you think that would be more helpful to people?

butterscotchwm

I guess I have issues with being asexual in the sense that I find sex jokes funny, I've had sex, and I like to talk to and interact with my non-asexual friends very regularly. I just am... sex averse myself, I don't care about having sex, it does nothing for me, but if it makes my partner happy I'd probably do it. As long as we were clear I'm getting absolutely nothing from it.

Some of the questions don't really have applicable answers for me, but I chose as best I could.

I think I'm somewhere between Ace and.... not Ace (but not Demi or Grey because I don't *want* sex, I just understand it's purpose and have fun with my friends about it).There never seems to be an option for that.

p4duJX4.png

Ok! So I guess you experience your asexuality a bit differently than some. I, personally, am a sex-repulsed asexual. I intellectually understand it's purpose and I know why people do it, but I honestly can't wrap my head around the idea of having sex - ever. So that's how I experience my asexuality! I'd like to get to know your experience as well. If you have any suggestions on answers that I could put for specific questions on the quiz, then please let me know!

butterscotchwm

Took your quiz!

Asexual: +282

Grey: +12

Demi: +7

Lith: +2

Sexual: -50

Oh dear, I always score asexual on these sorts of quizzes, but that's probably the most ace I've scored. Probably because I'm very not sex-repulsed and normally have pretty strong romantic/aesthetic/sensual attraction whenever I experience it (to the point where I very easily pass off as sexual until bedroom stuff... I think), but this quiz zeroed in on sexual attraction and asked questions that isolated for the other forms of attraction. I suppose that's a good thing, then?

All-in-all an enjoyable quiz, thanks!

Thanks for your input!

So as for your "minor thing," are you suggesting that others who don't really know what sexual attraction is may have a harder time with the quiz?

butterscotchwm

!!!UPDATE!!!

So it seems to me like some of you thought I should define what sexual attraction is for the sake of the quiz takers who may not understand it. Therefore, at the beginning of the quiz, I put a link to this website: https://lgbtq.unc.edu/asexuality-attraction-and-romantic-orientation

Hopefully that will clear some issues up, and result in more accurate results for people.

Also, I put "lithsexual" as one of the results, because I figured that there must be some people on this website who are lith. However, I've mostly just gotten some comments/complaints from people saying that their lith scores are too high, and out of the 138 times this quiz got taken, nobody ever scored "lithsexual" as their first result (except for one person, who was actually allosexual, and told me her score was wrong). I hear about lithoromantics a lot, but I hardly ever hear about lithsexuals, and I'm really starting to wonder if I could actually find someone who is... Does anyone know an AVEN user, a blogger, or someone who is lithsexual? In the meantime, I think I'm just going to drop my lith grading way down, because I'm mostly just getting complaints about it.

In other news, Happy New Year :)

p4duJX4.png

Ok! So I guess you experience your asexuality a bit differently than some. I, personally, am a sex-repulsed asexual. I intellectually understand it's purpose and I know why people do it, but I honestly can't wrap my head around the idea of having sex - ever. So that's how I experience my asexuality! I'd like to get to know your experience as well. If you have any suggestions on answers that I could put for specific questions on the quiz, then please let me know!

Yeah, I don't think it's worth changing up your quiz. because it'd just get overly complicated, and I'm not sure that there are enough people out there that are the same way.

Basically the difference between us is you're sex-repulsed whereas I'm sex-averse. I don't like sex, and I get absolutely nothing from it at all. Obviously with me not liking sex but not being squicked by the idea of it (it's just messy, sweaty humping and it doesn't ...turn me on) but not exactly disgusted by the thought of it (I don't want to have sex, but dependent on my partner and I discussing it, I might engage in the act even though I don't want to, to please them, but get nothing from it myself).

I even read porn. I don't particularly care. Unfortunately it means I tend to end up with a mashup between a demi and sex repulsed asexual answer, or sometimes even a sexual answer, (like the joking with friends and conversing about sex question, despite it not really affecting the overall score) which inevitably doesn't exist.

Archived