Trans Moments?

nerdperson777

Forgot my mac charger at my dorm, so I go downstairs to borrow one at the labs and you have to fill out basic paperwork.  The conversation was as follows:

Them: Okay, what's your first name?

Me: Vic.

Them: Cool name, did you pick it out yourself?

Me: ʘ‿ʘ

I just laughed awkwardly and took my charger lmfao

1 hour ago, vmdraco said:

Forgot my mac charger at my dorm, so I go downstairs to borrow one at the labs and you have to fill out basic paperwork.  The conversation was as follows:

Them: Okay, what's your first name?

Me: Vic.

Them: Cool name, did you pick it out yourself?

Me: ʘ‿ʘ

I just laughed awkwardly and took my charger lmfao

Reminds me of when I bought takeout once and mentioned that every part of my name can be associated with a different famous musician. She then asked if that was how my parents came up with the name, and started trying to figure out how my parents came up with the name. I was more than a bit flighty in that conversation since I didn't want to share that I changed my name myself. :lol: 

I also had an account at a cupcake shop and forgot to update my name when I went for my free birthday cupcake this summer. The cashier saw my "oh shit" look and offered to update it. She said I went with a pretty awesome name. :P 

spoiler because wall of text and rambling

Spoiler

I keep getting worried I'm becoming an "SJW". I hate that term, but I don't know what else to say. sometimes I see things about gender that I don't really agree with, but I don't want to break ToS or upset anyone, so I won't say anything. I see people saying mean things about certain genders and it makes me feel like maybe I am crazy for this after all. Maybe wanting to transition in some way and using "demiboy" or "androgyne" just because of doubt as labels is stupid and doesn't make sense. I'm also afraid of people hating me for certain things, because people like to shout about how "this gender isn't real" and "you're not a real <gender>, you have to have this and this and feel this specific way". I know other people's opinions don't matter and all that matters is how I feel, but I cant get over it. I'd like to think that I wouldn't react much to transphobia or homophobia or anything to the point where I wouldn't care if someone just saw me as "a girl who wants to be a boy/think's she's a boy/dresses as a boy/etc." but i'm sick of all this "that doesn't exist","you're not ____","you need ___ to be ___",maybe you're just ____","you're a girl", etc. finding out about certain types of people in the trans community overwhelms me and is just making me afraid of everything. And I don't even like communities in general because of the kinds of people that are in them. I was gonna compare it to fandoms, but fandoms are just people who like a thing, not a group of people that society has hated for generations and just want to connect with similar people. although like fandoms, you can' just a thing by it's fandom, just like you shouldn't judge a big group of people for anything else. I don't where i'm going with that, I just hate all of these people complaining about people who "aren't trans enough", or which gender(s) are real and which aren't. I'm sick of caring too much about what people think and not being able to be myself without constantly being afraid.

nerdperson777

Maybe this is a trans problem, talking to clueless cis people. There's this girl in my martial arts class who spends class time basically goofing off. She should at least know of the existence of trans people because there's a trans boy there that's her friend and then our coach is a trans woman. 

I thought I could tell her this joke that happened this morning. The coach closet is on the carpet we practice on. Today was part of a testing week. The whole floor was used for testing and the closet can block part of the floor. So the morning coach asks, "who's in the closet?" Probably no one heard me smirk about the closet. Coach says upon leaving the floor, "sorry, I'm already out of the closet."

So that clueless girl didn't get it. sigh

• 1 month later...
nerdperson777

I got a DNA test from 23andme.  They have a bunch of surveys on their site and I'm having issues with the profile.  They only have sex male and female.  I feel like if I say male, they'll know from my DNA sample that I'm not phenotypically male.  I asked the "contact us" where I got a reply of I can select which one I identify with.  I'm not binary male, but okay.  So I changed my name and gender and did some surveys.  I thought wow, they change the questions to reflect the chosen sex quick.  They asked about my descended testicles.  Uhh...sure.  I always feel weird answering questions about my nonexistent dick.

nerdperson777

No one has anymore moments?  I keep meaning to post this one since it was probably at least a month ago but I keep forgetting.

In my chatroom, I told the people that we should celebrate being sterile.

So, we were at dinner for my birthday... and my sister grabs my hair... and she's like... It's going so thin! .... And grabs her own hair. like just a bit of it... like 10% orso... and shows me that it's the same volume of hers compared to mine...

And then she's like... you should cut it

I asked her to stop talking about it...

Then she's like and my dad & wife join in...

Finding ways to restore hair ect... And they're not helping... I'm just feeling like crying, I'm so close to bursting into tears in the restaurant...

I know they want to help and care about because they see me just crumble away in my chair..

Once again, I ask to it's better to just stop talking about it. They're making it worse.

I know it looks bad, I know so much why it looks bad, I know why it makes me feel so crap about it. I know that most of it hopefully will regrow once im on HRT...

Stop triggering my dysphoria!

The-world-is-quiet-here

I’m on this dating app for LGBTQ women, and I liked this person. She accepted my friend request, and we started talking. She says, “I’m totally a lesbian just to get that out of the way, but you seem super chill as a person.” I mean.... thanks? What do I say to that??

On 12/1/2017 at 8:57 PM, nerdperson777 said:

No one has anymore moments?  I keep meaning to post this one since it was probably at least a month ago but I keep forgetting.

In my chatroom, I told the people that we should celebrate being sterile.

Guess I can celebrate that now. :lol: My hysto was on last Monday, so I kept joking that I celebrated Cyber Monday by having a robot harvest my organs. :P

nerdperson777
11 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

So, we were at dinner for my birthday... and my sister grabs my hair... and she's like... It's going so thin! .... And grabs her own hair. like just a bit of it... like 10% orso... and shows me that it's the same volume of hers compared to mine...

And then she's like... you should cut it

I asked her to stop talking about it...

Then she's like and my dad & wife join in...

Finding ways to restore hair ect... And they're not helping... I'm just feeling like crying, I'm so close to bursting into tears in the restaurant...

I know they want to help and care about because they see me just crumble away in my chair..

Once again, I ask to it's better to just stop talking about it. They're making it worse.

I know it looks bad, I know so much why it looks bad, I know why it makes me feel so crap about it. I know that most of it hopefully will regrow once im on HRT...

Stop triggering my dysphoria!

Two girls I know don't seem to have the luck with hair.  One has really long hair because she doesn't cut it.  She told me that it used to be thicker.  The other girl was balding so she got hair implants instead.  Don't want to be a downer though.  I hope you can feel better soon.

6 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Guess I can celebrate that now. :lol: My hysto was on last Monday, so I kept joking that I celebrated Cyber Monday by having a robot harvest my organs. :P

Well, my idea was sterile was just not getting periods anymore and the AMAB people (I think they are all binary transwomen) that have been taking hormones should not have sperm anymore, right?

Congratulations on your hysterectomy.  Is it complete or uterus only?

7 hours ago, The-world-is-quiet-here said:

I’m on this dating app for LGBTQ women, and I liked this person. She accepted my friend request, and we started talking. She says, “I’m totally a lesbian just to get that out of the way, but you seem super chill as a person.” I mean.... thanks? What do I say to that??

I I would ask her?

I’m pulling a blank.

Just too confusing...

Just now, nerdperson777 said:

Well, my idea was sterile was just not getting periods anymore and the AMAB people (I think they are all binary transwomen) that have been taking hormones should not have sperm anymore, right?

Congratulations on your hysterectomy.  Is it complete or uterus only?

So long as people stick to HRT, that Sounds about right :lol: 

and thanks! I had my surgeon basically take everything, including ovaries and Fallopian tubes. Figured that I didn't want to have to potentially go back and do the procedure over, especially since this was both a preventative measure (there's some extended family history with cervical/uterine cancer) and a preparation for bottom surgery. I'm definitely impatient to resume my T shots though since my doc asked me to wait an extra week and I'm already getting night sweats from the hysto.

nerdperson777
4 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

So long as people stick to HRT, that Sounds about right :lol: 

and thanks! I had my surgeon basically take everything, including ovaries and Fallopian tubes. Figured that I didn't want to have to potentially go back and do the procedure over, especially since this was both a preventative measure (there's some extended family history with cervical/uterine cancer) and a preparation for bottom surgery. I'm definitely impatient to resume my T shots though since my doc asked me to wait an extra week and I'm already getting night sweats from the hysto.

So it's complete hysterectomy I guess.  If you have a family history of reproductive cancers, I guess it's a good idea to get rid of it all, especially if you're not going to pass your genes.  A branch of my family has that predisposition too.  My maternal grandfather had two wives, the second being my grandmother.  The first wife's family has "female" reproductive cancer written all over it.  She died of ovarian cancer, my aunt had breast cancer, my cousin had breast cancer, now I hear my step-grandmother's siblings also had cancer.  If that doesn't say that side of the family should watch out, I don't know what will.  Fortunately my side doesn't have that.  I think my side might be heart problems since my grandfather was a smoker who had a tube in his lung and my grandmother died of a heart attack.

butterflydreams
6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

It varies tremendously. It depends on how long you’ve been on HRT, and even then, someone might still produce sperm and others may not. It all depends.

11 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

So it's complete hysterectomy I guess.  If you have a family history of reproductive cancers, I guess it's a good idea to get rid of it all, especially if you're not going to pass your genes.  A branch of my family has that predisposition too.  My maternal grandfather had two wives, the second being my grandmother.  The first wife's family has "female" reproductive cancer written all over it.  She died of ovarian cancer, my aunt had breast cancer, my cousin had breast cancer, now I hear my step-grandmother's siblings also had cancer.  If that doesn't say that side of the family should watch out, I don't know what will.  Fortunately my side doesn't have that.  I think my side might be heart problems since my grandfather was a smoker who had a tube in his lung and my grandmother died of a heart attack.

My (paternal) great great grandmother died of cervical cancer, my great grandmother died of uterine cancer, and my grandmother had a precautionary lumpectomy at one point. Thankfully, my family history is far enough removed that my surgeon wasn't terribly concerned. Made me paranoid though, especially because the doc couldn't properly monitor those parts and I added testosterone to the equation. I'm relieved to never have to worry about those parts ever again, especially with all the accounts I've heard of transguys whose periods started reappearing a few years into HRT. Definitely glad to never have to worry about that.

• 3 weeks later...
The-world-is-quiet-here

I finally told my mom about how I get sudden pangs of really bad chest dysphoria, and she talked about me having a surgery for that. 

The thing is, I’m not sure that I want that either. It seems so permanent. And on my masculine days, I wish I had a flatter chest, but the rest of the time, I don’t really mind my chest. But it doesn’t really feel like mine, either. 

My head is a mess right now.

nerdperson777

On Christmas Eve, my family was invited to a family friend's party, where we're the only ones who aren't related.  Usually the point of conversation ends up being academics, careers, and jobs.  It was kind of loud so I didn't understand a question I heard.  I heard "-ition" so I freaked out.  I thought he said transition.  So the whole thing I heard was "-ition for any roles?"  When I took a shower that night, I realized he asked "did you audition for any roles" referring to my minor in theatre, which I don't actually use, or am I really that good at acting due to me not being able to understand social cues very well.

(Is this even a trans moment?)

Then another time my relatives decided to eat at a fancy restaurant.  I wasn't out to anyone so I decided to use the male bathroom before anyone noticed me coming out of there.  When I got back, I told mom about how fancy the bathroom was.  It had a bidet and buttons to choose if you wanted to squirt water at your butt or your butthole.  So I thought I would get my mom to try it.  When she came out of the bathroom, she didn't say anything about there being a bidet in the female bathroom, just that they didn't have any toilet paper and she had to take some napkins out of her purse instead.  If they didn't have a bidet in the female bathroom, then there's some gender inequality right there.

• 2 weeks later...
butterflydreams

Found in a review for a woman's shoe on zappos:

Cute in wide widths for my AMAB feet, comfortable as all get-out and just enough lift.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2014 at 4:32 AM, nerdperson777 said:

I was wondering, if we have Ace moments, can we have trans moments? Either way, I have a story.

For dinner the past day, I was going to eat with a team I'm part of. The leader is a transwoman, and she and I are good friends. The dinner was to discuss our plans for the future so I told my parents a time that was an hour earlier than the dinner so I unintentionally had to leave home an hour early. I was going to do something with that time but the leader, my friend, said I could come over to her place to hang out until dinner. She had me distracted with her piano when she went to the bathroom to put on a bra (she isn't out to her family). Since I drove to her house, she said she would drive both of us to the restaurant. What happened in the car was hilarious.

After starting the car and driving a bit, she made a grunting sound and moved a bit, which I'd believe to be the bra done wrong or something. I started snickering a bit. Later, I remark about how my tie isn't done correctly. She says, "We're like the reverse couple." Then the car in front of us was really slow. She says, "The person in front of us is so slow. Should just flash them." *flicks on high beams for a second* Me: "Flash them.." She lightly punches me in the arm. "I could get you for that." :lol:

Funny about the bra part, after wanting boobs for a long time I started wearing breasts forms and actually had the procedure done (Male Breast Augmentation) so now i have a set of boobs.  Its funny hearing your story as I now experience having to adjust my bra at times 

• 3 weeks later...

So, at the conference, I found myself chatting quite a bit with the keynote speaker. When she was trying to take photos of some of the slides from someone's presentation, she was having trouble getting the image to focus properly, so I took some photos for her that she asked to email. I hit send thinking I sent them from my primary email (which is basically my full name), but it turns out that I sent the photos from the email that's literally my full birthname. That made the keynote speaker assume I was a trans woman until I spoke to her again and mentioned that I fucked up and sent that from a defunct email. She told me that she's pulled far worse fuck-ups through email than that after I talked to her. :lol:

(She also suggested I consider writing a critical memoir someday. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a publication like that within my lifetime.)

On 2018-01-21 at 7:18 PM, Albine said:

Funny about the bra part, after wanting boobs for a long time I started wearing breasts forms and actually had the procedure done (Male Breast Augmentation) so now i have a set of boobs.  Its funny hearing your story as I now experience having to adjust my bra at times 

One could atleast dream of being able to do that one day. 

Just now, Kimmie. said:

One could atleast dream of being able to do that one day. 

Usually I don't have but there are times that it happens. Not very cool to do adjusting in public. I get fitted and found the style and bra that that is comfy &  fits me well I stock up on a few so I have enough to get me through

N

nerdperson777

I have been meaning to post something in here but I keep forgetting.  For my work commute home, about a month ago, there was one of those electric signs at the beginning of the freeway.  It was saying something about NB and SB (Northbound and Southbound, I didn't read much beyond that, or I just don't remember).  I did not actually think of northbound and southbound first.  I thought about non-binary and....so binary.

Trans Moments?

When you and the whole family are sitting around the table having a debate and your mother throws the Suffragettes in your face when you decide not to vote and it take a good few seconds to actually realise why she said that by which time the conversations already moved on. :blink:

Ah yes the joys of not being out to family :huh:

A friend and I recently played through a certain free dating sim together, and that basically reminded me that Hatoful Boyfriend exists. :P We're going to make a mutual friend play it for some laughs, so I decided to play a little bit myself to remind myself how long one romance route can take. (Had to go for Okosan, of course!)

I may have forgotten that the protagonist is actively declared a girl in the game. Language like "female representative," and "miss/madam" kind of hit me off guard. Not enough to make my dysphoric, but to say "oh yeah, the character's a chick... But a human chick rather than a bird chick even though that would make a hell of a lot more sense in a pigeon dating simulator of all things."

nerdperson777

@Mezzo Forte Since you have aesthetic attraction to guys, maybe you could play Dream Daddy.  I tried it for one session only so far.  I kind of wonder what would happen if I just decided to act all ace the whole game and not sleep with any guys.  Though, my character seems to have already slept with one guy and "your clothes are over there".  I asked, why aren't I wearing clothes?? :lol:

1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

@Mezzo Forte Since you have aesthetic attraction to guys, maybe you could play Dream Daddy.  I tried it for one session only so far.  I kind of wonder what would happen if I just decided to act all ace the whole game and not sleep with any guys.  Though, my character seems to have already slept with one guy and "your clothes are over there".  I asked, why aren't I wearing clothes?? :lol:

I'm trying to convince my friends to invest in that game. :lol: (Can't say I watch grumps much now, but I first started watching their channel right when they started it up.) My sis has Dream Daddy on Steam, so I don't want to burn the money to put it on my own account. Watched her play some of the early parts of the game though, and it looks like the exact absurd dating sims I enjoy riffing off of with others.

I can tell you how going an ace-style route would go in Hatoful Boyfriend at least:

Spoiler

You basically get assassinated if you don't romance anybirdie :P 

That said, they don't even so much as imply sex in the game because, well, they're birds :P 

1 hour ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I'm trying to convince my friends to invest in that game. :lol: (Can't say I watch grumps much now, but I first started watching their channel right when they started it up.) My sis has Dream Daddy on Steam, so I don't want to burn the money to put it on my own account. Watched her play some of the early parts of the game though, and it looks like the exact absurd dating sims I enjoy riffing off of with others.

I can tell you how going an ace-style route would go in Hatoful Boyfriend at least:

Hide contents

You basically get assassinated if you don't romance anybirdie :P 

That said, they don't even so much as imply sex in the game because, well, they're birds :P 

I didn't get far enough in that game to know what happened if you didn't go after anyone.

nerdperson777

I just know that there's some deep purpose to it all than just a bird dating sim.  Your human form dies and someone else tries to solve the mystery of things.  I only know this because I have a friend who has the biggest bird obsession ever who likes to watch streams.  I think once I fell asleep watching it since visual novels were new to me at the time.  She was telling me about how good that wing looked and how plump and fat another bird was.  Yeah, she likes her fat plump birds.

1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

I just know that there's some deep purpose to it all than just a bird dating sim.  Your human form dies and someone else tries to solve the mystery of things.  I only know this because I have a friend who has the biggest bird obsession ever who likes to watch streams.  I think once I fell asleep watching it since visual novels were new to me at the time.  She was telling me about how good that wing looked and how plump and fat another bird was.  Yeah, she likes her fat plump birds.

Oh, that's barely scratching the surface of the Hurtful Boyfriend route, which is already in spoiler territory. I assure you that I watched my sis play the game quite thoroughly several years ago, and there's a reason why people get genuinely emotionally invested in a pigeon dating simulator of all things. :P Honestly, I've been making friends try playing the game as I watch, and it's been quite fun.

Your friend must have been talking about Shuu if she likes plump birds. I actually have a plush of him compliments of my sister. My friend likes him too :P 

Archived