Am I an Allosexual?

IanH

I've visited this website: http://gray-asexuality.tumblr.com/post/70864321910/does-allosexual-mean-any-orientation-that-isnt

and it says that "allosexual actually means when a person’s sexual orientation and romantic orientation don’t line up, say, if a person is asexual and panromantic, or biromantic but heterosexual."

As the left side of the screen says, I'm a Biro Ace, so does this mean I'm Allosexual?

Allosexual is typically a term used to describe sexuals, or people that experience sexual attraction.

Nope, unless I am VERY mistaken (which I do not think I am) allosexual means being any sexual orientation that isn't somewhere on the asexual sprectrum.

If you have romantic urges towards one gender and sexual urges towards another that is allosexual (I think, I COULD BE WRONG)

but to be asexual and panromantic is a different thing

it means you are basically able to romantically love any gender but not willing to have sexual relations with them.

for example: My girlfriend and I love eachother and plan to get married. we have an agreement that no sex will happen. this does not mean im allosexual it means I love a person but do not have a sex drive to speak of.

WARNING: I CAN NOT GUARANTEE MY ANSWER IS 100% CORRECT

Yeah I thought allosexual was the word for anything sexual (hetero-, homo-, pan-, bi-...) but I never use it myself.

Allo- is Greek for other or different. So when used in the context of asexuality, it would mean someone who is differently sexually than those who are on the asexual spectrum - sexual.

Allo - other: sexually attracted to people other than oneself (ie desires partnered sex with other people ie homo/hetero/bi/pan sexual). It's the opposite of autosexual which means sexually attracted to oneself (innately desires partnered sex only with oneself. Yes that is different than masturbating, autosexual finds themselves attractive enough to only desire sex with themselves and no one else - as far as I understand it). A-sexual, no sexual attraction to anyone (no innate desire for partnered sex with anyone)

Also, being biromantic and asexual is not necessarily having your orientations 'not lining up'. All biromantic means is that you are capable of forming romantic bonds with two genders (male and female for example) but being asexual, you just don't desire partnered sex with both males and females: you don't innately desire partnered sex with anyone.

However if you were to say you were a heterosexual asexual, that would mean .. well.. you innately desire partnered sex with people of the opposite gender, but also have no innate desire for partnered sex with people of any gender: now that doesn't really line up at all :o

allosexual actually means when a person’s sexual orientation and romantic orientation don’t line up, say, if a person is asexual and panromantic, or biromantic but heterosexual

It almost sounds like this person is trying to say that asexuals are only 'naturally' aromantic, and if they have any other romantic orientation, then their asexuality and their romantic orientation are out of line with each other. Totally disagree with that.

Being romantic and asexual doesn't mean your attractions dont match up. Asexual is strictly sexual attraction and does not include romantic desire in the title. They're two seperate things and not controdictive. But Allo means sexual attraction, and you said you're ace, so no, that's not Allosexual.

Archived